• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 PS3 on EA site

Oni Jazar

x1kt1e.jpg

_Angelus_

Banned
Buy the game on a 360 or PC,don't punish yourself Sony fans.:lol
Wait...wtf? Crysis ic coming to consoles? How the hell are they going to shoehorn a game like this into consoles? Geez.

Snipes424

Insane Metal said:
20 FPS version incoming.

Was the orange box PS3 really that bad? I remember kotaku and others saying it was 100% unplayable which was far from the truth, but still 20FPS is pretty bad.

But yeah it might be an EA team porting it, or a mistake, don't know.

StuBurns

Banned
Snipes424 said:
Was the orange box PS3 really that bad? I remember kotaku and others saying it was 100% unplayable which was far from the truth, but still 20FPS is pretty bad.

But yeah it might be an EA team porting it, or a mistake, don't know.
No, it's no where near that bad. It's pretty much the same as the 360 one, just with patches of dodgy framerate and some AA. It looks nicer than the 360 version.

Chiggs

Snipes424 said:

Orange Box on the PS3 was really only 50% unplayable.

That site has PC listed twice, so it's more likely to be a typo of some sort. It'd be nice, but I'm also more used to the mindset of playing a Valve game on a PC so I wouldn't get this anyway unless I had a serious gaming rig.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
That site has PC listed twice, so it's more likely to be a typo of some sort. It'd be nice, but I'm also more used to the mindset of playing a Valve game on a PC so I wouldn't get this anyway unless I had a serious gaming rig.

twice? one's for retail, the other's for download, steam and such i predict.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:

PC is listed twice since "PC Download" is implying Steam in addition to the retail copy.

kazuma_pt said:
twice? one's for retail, the other's for download, steam and such i predict.
Sue me for not catching the little word in the corner for each tab. Kinda strange though especially after the reveal of it being exclusive to Microsoft platforms. Anybody know the specific studio that covered the Source engine PS3 ver.?

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Sue me for not catching the little word in the corner for each tab. Kinda strange though especially after the reveal of it being exclusive to Microsoft platforms. Anybody know the specific studio that covered the Source engine PS3 ver.?
One of those EA ones

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:

hey don't take it the wrong way, it's all good, i'm (secretly) hoping that it is a typo to see the meltdowns:lol

Chiggs said:
Orange Box on the PS3 was really only 50% unplayable.

Bollocks! Half-Life 2 plus episodes were great aside from a few frame rate hiccups and Portal was great. The only part that suffered was TF2, and even that wasn't too bad.

RadioHeadAche said:
Bollocks! Half-Life 2 plus episodes were great aside from a few frame rate hiccups and Portal was as good as the PC version. The only part that suffered was TF2, and even that wasn't too bad.
I can back this. 100% my exp. with the game

Blablurn

RadioHeadAche said:
Bollocks! Half-Life 2 plus episodes were great aside from a few frame rate hiccups and Portal was great. The only part that suffered was TF2, and even that wasn't too bad.

i agree with his. finished the whole hl campaign on ps3 as well. and it would be great if we could also play some l4d.

Aren't the Orange Box PS3 port problems pretty easily avoidable at this point in time? Many first gen games for any platform have been worse.

Top Bottom