• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Heroes:Trails of Cold Steel I&II have sold over 900k copies as of Sept 2016

Results listed in Falcom's earnings report, fiscal year ending September 2016.

This is a WW result, given that MC numbers for CS1/2 list them at around 400-500k tops.

Cw4To0oUUAA0pGG.jpg

Credit/translation goes to Kite Stenbuck, aka BlackKite on twitter.

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/796595782006833152

Great games

Not my favorite narrative in the series so far though :/

Either way I hope it means they keep making more I just hope they elevate the writing back to TiTS levels again

More than deserved. TitS 1/2 were brilliant and worth the wait, I'm getting near the end of Steel 1 now and will follow up with 2 immediately. These games cannot get too much recognition.

Speaking of which, said report also officially confirms that Cold Steel 3 is targeting to be released by September 2017. Barring any delay, September 2017 is the release window for CS3.

Zedark

Awesome, good thing these games sell well. Really loved the first game, planning on picking up the second one somewhere after its release in Europe (playing two FF games first, so sadly it has to wait its turn for now).

Tizoc

That is great to hear
I hope cold steel 2 gets a good discount this black friday so i can get it on vita

cheesekao

400k WW for CS1&2? That's way more than I expected. Really liked them both despite their shortcomings and I hope CS3 make major improvements.

Corpekata

Banned
Pretty much the only series that manages to make the whole Special High School Kids stuff work outside of Persona (and just barely at that) these days, so glad it is doing well.

Also, Falcom is good for the fiscal year that ended in September 2016 with 1,4 billion yen in sales and 386 million yen in net income, if I'm not screwing up that japanese report. That is a drop of 7% and 15% from last year, but they are targeting a 30% net income increase for the new fiscal year, with the Sen no Kiseki III release (also the PS4 port of Ys VIII).

Ekid

Nice.

I already bought Colda Steel but I'm waiting for Third, Zero and Azure to drop before playing it.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Glad to hear it. I started Trails in the Sky in September and I'm now about 60% into SC. GAF, you were right about this franchise. You were so right. I'm so enthralled I'm even running a playthrough topic series, but alas, it's elsewhere on the net. Still, i am so hyped that these games are doing well. I've found a new top-tier saga and I love that there's more to come.

Shahed

The EU release of Cold Steel II is tomorrow. I've hae the notice of both the Vita and PS3 versions being dispatched. Looking forward to playing them!

Also, Falcom is good for the fiscal year that ended in September 2016 with 1,4 billion yen in sales and 386 million yen in net income, if I'm not screwing up that japanese report. That is a drop of 7% and 15% from last year, but they are targeting a 30% net income increase for the new fiscal year, with the Sen no Kiseki III release (also the PS4 port of Ys VIII).

Kiseki years are $$$ years. =)

Nice to see the figures. Is there a regional split/format split?

I guess I contributed to 3 of those - bought CSI on Vita and PS3 and CSII on Vita.

Cornbread78

Very nice and well deserved. CSII is very high on my GoTY charts right now...

You know what you need to do now Falcom

Localize the Ao/Zero games so we can play through the story from across the border!

Fisico

A lot of the 400k sales outside Japan must come from Asian market also, the span between the Japanese and Asian release is very short and they are even localized in chinese.

rhandino

Banned
I did my part and my copies should be arriving next week =3

I only ever played FC but I also bought SC on GOG... wonder if I should play those again in before Cold Steel...

Begaria

Nice. Played through Cold Steel, will get to Cold Steel 2 next year. Likely will be my final PS3 game before it gets boxed up.

Eila

I did my part and my copies should be arriving next week =3

I only ever played FC but I also bought SC on GOG... wonder if I should play those again in before Cold Steel...

You finished FC but didn't want to play SC on release date? Is such a thing even possible?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I booted up SC last month immediately after finishing FC and writing roughly seven thousand words on its sterling conclusion.

I had a mild anxiety arrack just thinking about all the rest of you, who waited years.

wrowa

Nice, looks like we're doing our part too

CS3 can't come quick enough

The bulk of these ww sales are most likely coming from the Asian releases, actually.

I booted up SC last month immediately after finishing FC and writing roughly seven thousand words on its sterling conclusion.

I had a mild anxiety arrack just thinking about all the rest of you, who waited years.

My hair turning grey can be attributed a 100% to me waiting for SC's release. :mad:

jonno394

Would love to try these but no ps3/vita/ps now. Good to hear it's doing well though, we need more niche titles to do well!

Cornbread78

The Third is a semi-confirmation of Zero & Ao in itself as XSeed has said in the past that they possibly wouldn't do Third if they also didn't intend to localize Zero & Ao.

They are all tied together I really hope that we get the stories from Crossbell that ties into CS1/2/3. IT would make all the sense in the word to do so, surely they would sell...

Top Bottom