• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

The characters in this are not as appealing as in the original series :(

Couldn't agree less, Korra and Brolin are great, and Tenzin (and his kins)are also awesome.. also Toph's daughter.
Besides, it just started, we barely know any of the characters.

Raxus

Dude, it has been two episodes. Aang was an annoying shit at first too.

Hell Korra's Krew starts out much stronger than most of the Aang Gang early on (if you want to judge each series by the first two episodes).

shira

Dude, it has been two episodes. Aang was an annoying shit at first too.

Hell Korra's Krew starts out much stronger than most of the Aang Gang early on (if you want to judge each series by the first two episodes).
You can feel the energy of kid actors doing kid dialogue.

Now it's 30 something's trying to do teenager dialogue.

Couldn't agree less, Korra and Brolin are great, and Tenzin (and his kins)are also awesome.. also Toph's daughter.
Besides, it just started, we barely know any of the characters.

I also disagree. Hell, I wasn't really all that jazzed on Aang by the end of the series let alone the beginning. But Sokka was so awesome I kept on going.

Whereas I'm liking everyone they've shown thus far in Legend of Korra.

Sirius

For those who've caught the back-to-back premiere, be sure to report if the opening / ending are at all different.

The more likely thing would be a preview of Ep. 3, but regardless -- keep your eyes peeled.

Arment

Korra had me at 'deal with it' and then even more after the scene with Lin.

Tenzin and his family are hilarious. Probably my favorite characters on the show so far.

Mako and Bolin haven't impressed me much, although Mako was a boss in the pro bending comeback.

Ridli

Happy Avatar Day people!

Remember to keep your avatars away from boiling oil.

Azure J

I was looking for this thread earlier. :lol

Went in blind and watched the two episode premier. Shit's godlike already. Can't wait for Dr. Doom's appearance next week. :p

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm liking what I see so far. I'm hoping keeps the quality of seasons 1 and 2.

So mako and bolin use boxing as their primary style? That's awesome. I'm hoping to see more non traditional chinese based styles used.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Meelo!

[IG]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m277luKSUP1qa9ov4o1_500.png[/IMG]
[IG]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2arogYCNE1r1w4gno1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2h80fY7w01qkl1xe.gif[/IMG][IG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2avpuO7Vp1qbvmsro4_250.gif[/IMG][IG]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2fxqvwT4H1rs7528o1_500.gif[/IMG]
[IG]http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ed915rz61r1w4gno1_500.gif[/IMG]

I love him!

Yes! Loved him in the first 2 episodes and I hope he sticks around for more.

Zzoram

I doubt it's anyone we already know. The mask probably hides a disfigurement or something.

Actually I think the twist will be that Amon is a bender that we know. The Blue Spirit mask was used to hide the identity of a character we knew. I suspect this is the same thing.

CoolS

Actually I think the twist will be that Amon is a bender that we know. The Blue Spirit mask was used to hide the identity of a character we knew. I suspect this is the same thing.

Completely different though isn't it? Plus I can't imagine who he should be. Tenzin?

Qwomo

It's not a matter of "someone we already know" - there's not really a lot of candidates for characters that have already been introduced - but rather Amon is clearly going to have some connection to an established character. So, it might be the kid of someone from the original series, or a sibling of a character from this one. It's most likely Tenzin's brother.

ckohler

Did Nick show only the first episode today or both one and two? I'm trying to figure out how long until episode three comes out. (I don't have cable. I subscribed on iTunes)

Zzoram

It's not a matter of "someone we already know" - there's not really a lot of candidates for characters that have already been introduced - but rather Amon is clearly going to have some connection to an established character. So, it might be the kid of someone from the original series, or a sibling of a character from this one. It's most likely Tenzin's brother.

Wow! You probably solved it right there. Maybe he's jealous that he was the only one born without bending powers and that jealously turned into bitterness and hate.

It makes perfect sense.

Doubtful. It wouldn't make much sense. Amon looks young and nimble. The brother looks old and more like an inventor type.

Omikaru

A quick iTunes question for those in the know about buying shows from abroad:

I'm based in the UK, so Korra isn't on our store yet, but does iTunes ban the purchase of video content on a US account based on IP location? I only ask because both Xbox LIVE and PSN Video Story do.

If not, would it be possible for me to buy however much a season pass costs in iTunes credit and purchase it with my US account?

A quick iTunes question for those in the know about buying shows from abroad:

I'm based in the UK, so Korra isn't on our store yet, but does iTunes ban the purchase of video content on a US account based on IP location? I only ask because both Xbox LIVE and PSN Video Story do.

If not, would it be possible for me to buy however much a season pass costs in iTunes credit and purchase it with my US account?

Apparently Amazon does it too with their Instant video service.

Not sure about Itunes though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom