• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Princess: Freeware Zelda-based platformer from maker of Noitu Love 2

Sciz

By the way:

konjak said:
For those who care, the "random pool" of how valuable the rupees are that appears depends on killing enemies and not getting hit, mostly. If you die it resets the random pool, and not getting hit (or getting hit very few times) during bosses or enemy rooms adds more points for red and blue rupees.

If you do real well towards the mid-point or later you'd get mostly red and some blue rupees out of everything, even the spewing chests (if you have full health).

There's also this art of the main character, originally "bind.jpg":

os4d41.jpg

Scribble

This is how most fangames should be (Short).

I wish my pixel art was as good he is. Then I can bring ALL of my creative visions into reality.

I was wondering why his hair is pink then I remembered LttP.

Dascu

This puts Twilight Princess to shame. Holy fuck, Nintendo needs to hire this guy and put this (and Noitu Love) on WiiWare.

Haunted

No surprises there, we already knew that Konjak is brilliant. Great pixel art, as usual.

He also managed to retain a nice Zelda feel despite the difference in gameplay, like a good fangame should. Props.

Ranger X

OMG this is so brilliant.

I would totally buy a game a like this (wish it was on DS lol).

Will there be a full version?

Mamesj

Banned
It's like Nintendo hired Treasure to make a new Zelda :D Then Treasure got fired and then Nintendo hired Konjak to make it.

Had more fun in 20 minutes with this than I did in 30 hours of Twilight Princess.

Enk

makes good threads.
With the exception of a game freezing bug this is pretty fun! I like how it shamelessly rips nearly everything from Zelda (octorocks, zoras, music, etc) but does it with a good amount of style. The game controls great, has a good variety of moves and the weapons have enough 'oomph' to make them enjoyable to use. It's good to see someone try to take up the mantel that Nintendo seems to have left behind. Hopefully he will turn this into a full game.

Also if you guys like this check out Buster from the guy who made Akuji the Demon.

Demo HERE
Full game for sale HERE?

buster2.gif
buster4.gif

buster1.gif
buster3.gif

TreIII

Dascu said:
This puts Twilight Princess to shame. Holy fuck, Nintendo needs to hire this guy and put this (and Noitu Love) on WiiWare and the DS/DSiWare.

Small Fix to make it even sweeter.

Seriously, if Ninty can't be bothered to make games like this themselves, why not just snap these guys up, and put 'em to work? I mean, when I think about things like this, and that bad-ass looking Metroid fangame, Ninty SHOULD be embracing these guys who are willing to basically, "do their work for them".

Top Bottom