• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask hits Wii U VC this week [Europe]

Robin64

Priced at €9.99 / £8.99, Majora's Mask will be out in Europe this Thursday (23/06)

The countdown has begun! You have just three days to save the land of Termina from destruction by its own moon, which is being pulled out of its orbit by a mysterious evil force! In this epic sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Link is bestowed with magical masks to aid him in his quest. Transform into a Deku Scrub, a Goron and a Zora, using their abilities to fly through the air, roll across the land or swim through the sea! Link has only 72 hours to save Termina, however he can re-live the days again and again using the magical Song of Time, to gather the knowledge and skills he needs to solve the mystery of Majora's Mask. A gripping storyline, charming characters, dozens of masks to discover – and the first appearance of Tingle! – complete this acclaimed package!

I know everyone loves this, right? So here's another chance to play it yet again. It might not be so hot anymore if you have the lovely 3DS remake, mind.

Blues1990

Priced at €9.99 / £8.99, Majora's Mask will be out in Europe this Thursday (23/06)

I know everyone loves this, right? So here's another chance to play it yet again. It might not be so hot anymore if you have the lovely 3DS remake, mind.

I actually have both the Wii Virtual Console port & the Nintendo 3DS remake, but this is still good if there are those who don't have a 2DS/3DS to play the game.

I wonder if the emulation quality is improved for another time.

GameCube Collector's Edition was nearly bad, Wii VC version was okay but still had issues... sure, Donkey Kong 64 works fine, but that game doesn't really use Expansion Pak to the fullest.

HYDE

Banned
Finally a reason to plug in my Wii U...been waiting to add my last Wii VC game to my other updated ones. I sold my 3DS, and have yet to beat any rendition of this game. Hurry up NoA, and give us Drill Dozer also why you're at it, and Super Mario All-Stars in VC form instead of disc( rip us off )form.

Robin64

Finally a reason to plug in my Wii U...been waiting to add my last Wii VC game to my other updated ones. I sold my 3DS, and have yet to beat any rendition of this game. Hurry up NoA, and give us Drill Dozer also why you're at it, and Super Mario All-Stars in VC form instead of disc( rip us off )form.

NoA, Drill Dozer? That came out last week.

Dunkley

Is it 50hz?

I remember the Wii VC version was and it sucked, making even the terrible Gamecube port more viable in Europe than that due to 60hz (but far from optimal as well due to severe port-specific performance issues in a lot of areas)

edit: Seems like it will be, guess the 3DS version thus still reigns as the best/easiest way to play Majora's Mask as it was intended in Europe.

It's hilarious how America got Drill Dozer several months after Europe... the region where the game, despite being completed and translated to EFIGS, was never released for the original system.

Love the game but no idea on whether Virtual Console purchases will be compatible with NX yet or the new account system so i'll stick with the 3DS remake.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I will probably buy it since I will only have to pay for the upgrade fee and I er own too many copies of Majora's Mask and I did not plan for that to happen. :|

Steph_E.

Excellent news! This is the only 3D Zelda I haven't played yet.

I got it last year on the Wii VC with my final Club Nintendo points, but I haven't played it yet, in the hope they would release it for Wii U, so I could get a cheap upgrade.

I wonder if the emulation quality is improved for another time.

GameCube Collector's Edition was nearly bad, Wii VC version was okay but still had issues... sure, Donkey Kong 64 works fine, but that game doesn't really use Expansion Pak to the fullest.

Outside of curing a glitch that caused random crashing, it doesn't even use it at all. :p

-shadow-

No information on the eShop about which version it is. But considering it's nglishh/Spanish/French/German it's a safe bet.

Top Bottom