• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks | officially announced. THIS YEAR

Akai

TSA said:
zeldakm.jpg

So you can also control Zelda outside of the Phantom...

This is actually a really clever way to handle a stealth segment...I wonder if you can interact with the guards to distract them from Zelda, because it sure looks like it...

TSA said:
zeldakm.jpg

So you can also control Zelda outside of the Phantom...hope that there is a twist at the end where you directly control Zelda...

Direct link will do you no good, but if you can get to the actual Spirit Tracks page on their press site, there is a new video up top above the image gallery column.

That really reminded me of OOT where you have to sneak into the castle. Except now Zelda is IN on the fun instead of being the person you're trying to get to :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
After seeing the end bit of the new trailer, flying non-corporeal Zelda companions needs to be in all future games.

colinp

Banned
Hmmm, that trailer succeeded in psyching me up for the game. Well played Nintendo. Well played indeed.

Hope it plays better than Phantom Hourglass. Really disliked that ridiculous dungeon you had to repeat over and over and over...

colinp said:
Hmmm, that trailer succeeded in psyching me up for the game. Well played Nintendo. Well played indeed.

Hope it plays better than Phantom Hourglass. Really disliked that ridiculous dungeon you had to repeat over and over and over...
THIS x10!

I'm on the fence with this one because I hated Phantom Hourglass. Worst Zelda imho. I could not force myself to play it :(

But this just turned out (in the last few days) to be a great game again. I hope this is the truth. I'll wait for early impressions of gafers before buying this time. But I wouldn't mind skipping it. :(

Johnas

That's a nice piece of music they used for the trailer. Overall the trailer and the screens put out a slightly different (better) vibe than I was expecting.

Still not quite sure if I want to buy or not, but I'll keep my eye on it. I did like the
grappling hook being used as a whip
, that was a nice surprise.

[Nintex]

Looks better than PH and I've been trying to finish that recently.

It does look like half of Aonuma's team was on drugs when they made this,
CI_LegendofZeldaSpiritTracks_syarin.jpg

I mean seriously?

Akai

Caesar III said:
THIS x10!

"The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks improves on a few elements from complaints people had in the original Phantom Hourglass. One issue was when the game forced you to replay dungeons just to get to the new, unlocked portions of the temple. But in Spirit Tracks, the Tower has an entrance staircase that allows you to ascend and bypass the previously completed portions, so no constant backtracking."

From the IGN preview...

Akai said:
"The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks improves on a few elements from complaints people had in the original Phantom Hourglass. One issue was when the game forced you to replay dungeons just to get to the new, unlocked portions of the temple. But in Spirit Tracks, the Tower has an entrance staircase that allows you to ascend and bypass the previously completed portions, so no constant backtracking."

From the IGN preview...
even this cannot convince me :(

I'll wait until next year when the nearly non existent hype is down again and people talk in all honesty about the game like they do with PH. I also hated the simplicity :/

Hype!

Really digging this new trailer. I like the idea of Zelda helping you throughout your journey.

Caesar III said:
even this cannot convince me :(

I'll wait until next year when the nearly non existent hype is down again and people talk in all honesty about the game like they do with PH. I also hated the simplicity :/

PH was still a lot of fun. Haters wanna hate.

zigg

beelzebozo said:
zelda threads make me realize that as a zelda fan, i hate a lot of my own kind.

It's okay, once Spirit Tracks is out we'll have threads proclaiming how great Phantom Hourglass was in comparison. Only a little over a month to go!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
zigg said:
It's okay, once Spirit Tracks is out we'll have threads proclaiming how great Phantom Hourglass was in comparison. Only a little over a month to go!

:lol

it makes me want to freak out with happiness that in about a month i'll be playing a new zelda.

Akai

madara said:
Aye, you can only be a fan if you 100% support a product.

Fans of a series actually try out a game instead of waiting months after the game is released to base their purchase off impressions from strangers who may or may not be fans of said series...

sfried

DancingJesus said:
PH was still a lot of fun. Haters wanna hate.
This.

I really don't understand the hate with the central dungeon mechanic. Even in that game you could best your time segment by segment via warp, and using your new tools to find new shortcuts relieved alot of the pressure.

I'm guessing this is coming from the same people who hated MM's time limit mechanic. I love that kind of pressure, to be honest!

Edit: I could already predict
Evil Zelda
as the final battle.

Anjean is also
Old Tetra. The hairdo gives it away along with her wierd one-eyed expression

AniHawk

Well, this can't possibly be as bad as Phantom Hourglass. They're keeping most of the shit, but improving on some of it.

Deku

Banned
AniHawk said:
Well, this can't possibly be as bad as Phantom Hourglass. They're keeping most of the shit, but improving on some of it.
:lol

just as i was getting back on the hype train, you had to derail it =[

AniHawk said:
If this game is as bad as Phantom Hourglasss it'll be in the top 5 games released this year

Most games wish they were as "bad" as PH.
zigg said:
This'll be awesome.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3176790

This isn't the same Link as the hero of Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. Spirit Tracks takes place "at least a hundred years" after Phantom Hourglass in the land that the older Link and Zelda (a.k.a. Tetra) discovered after setting out from the flooded ruins of Hyrule at the end of Wind Waker. Always sticklers for tradition, they've named this new land Hyrule, too, although it had its own established cultures and legends already in place. (It's a Nintendo game; you're probably not supposed to think too hard about the ramifications of such imperialism, OK?) The new Zelda is a descendant of Tetra, and occasionally shows a glimmer of her however-many-times-great-grandmother's spunkiness, while the new Link is a palace guard in training. His green costume is actually the standard gear of the royal guards -- one would assume as a tribute to the hero who helped establish the new kingdom of Hyrule. And here you thought the Zelda games didn't have any real continuity!

death to the imperialists, drive the hylians back into the sea

free our homeland

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
PataHikari said:
You don't deserve this game.

Also, why does the NA version have such crappy boxart. :(
i'll tell you what i didn't deserve... getting bored out of my mind going through that fucking ocean temple over and over.

EmCeeGramr said:
i figured it was like impa or something. zelda's guardian.

trinest

From ONM:
- The instrument is called the Spirit Pipes
- use the DS microphone and stylus to play the Spirit Pipes
- cycle through different colored pipes to hit notes
- Spirit Pipes songs will restore Spirit Tracks
- you must search out guardians known as Lokomos, and they'll teach you a song that restores tracks to the temples

Yay!
Oh wait Microphone.
BOO

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
So basically the overworld is like sailing but on actual rails? Disappointing if so but I'll probably pick it up regardless. Need a new DS game.

squinters

astigmatic
I'm actually starting to get a little excited about this game. I might ask for it for Christmas.

But. . .

sfried said:
Anjean is also
Old Tetra. The hairdo gives it away along with her wierd one-eyed expression
Dang it!
Tetra started out as such a cool character in WW, then she became a damsel in distress in PH. Now she's going to be a senile old grandma who rides in to tell Link some wierd advice then scoots off while laughing crazy

Akai

squinters said:
Dang it!
Tetra started out as such a cool character in WW, then she became a damsel in distress in PH. Now she's going to be a senile old grandma who rides in to tell Link some wierd advice then scoots off while laughing crazy

I'm not so sure you can take
her hair at face value...It could just as easily be a hairstyle passed down through the years just as Link's tunic has become the official uniform for the Royal Guard...

CI_LegendofZeldaSpiritTracks_syarin.jpg

Is that a pipe attached to her rear end of a wheel chair? So, she just uh......um........farting around to get somewhere. Man, i hope she doesn't pop a wheelie with that thang!! :lol

She hardly looks like Tetra but i don't see a resemblance from either two. And that Chancellor Cole looks like the dude from the mask salesman from Majora's Mask. That face looks eeire similar.

Top Bottom