• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks | officially announced. THIS YEAR

Magypsy23

Banned
http://www.nintendo.gr/el-gr/News.aspx?ElementID=dfc7db5a-dc69-487d-adf4-da8b374dc3a6

playing%20pan%20flutesite.jpg

Link%20discovers%20Zelda%20site.jpg

Link%20play%20pan-flutesite.jpg

Link%20and%20the%20pan%20flutesite.jpg

EzLink

Banned
Yay, fucking shoehorned microphone integration again :(

But god damn those screens are giving off a total OoT vibe for me. Do like

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
sfried said:
Is it just me or has the artstyle slightly evolved?

It's actually pretty much identical to the Phantom Hourglass art:

http://www.n-sider.com/gameview.php?gameid=963&view=art

The poses are a bit more fluid though. A bit more "alive," as it were. Slightly darker outlines, too. The designs themselves are the same, though, except that our new Link here has straight-black eyes/eyebrows, instead of brown ones.

[Edit] Oh wait, looks like the Spirit Tracks art DOES have brown-eyed Link, just with a different treatment. Hard to notice sometimes, though. Just the iris, not a straight gradient.

Teppic

I'm not going to get this, at least for the moment. But I've resumed my Phantom Hourglass play from where I left off, and I found it much more fun this time around.

The world map isn't as bad as I remembered it, I actually kind of like it now. It doesn't take to long to sail, and you get warp points pretty quickly. Shooting enemies and finding things along the way is pretty fun. The various boss battles on the ocean reminds be of Beyond Good & Evil too.

The ocean temple is... well I can't say I like it, due to the stealth elements, but it's this game's main challenge. When you have finally cleared a part of it, with the sand gone and life fast draining, it feels pretty rewarding.

Collecting things, like money, feels more meaningful compared to Wind Waker. There's no silly wallet limit and there's more things to buy.

From what I played, it's the second best handheld Zelda game after Links Awakening. It have it's problems, like simple world map, stealth elements, weak story, too easy, etc. But if Phantom Hourglass is anything to go after, I think this game will be pretty good too.

wRATH2x

Banned
TSA said:
Amazing how there's been a 180 spin in opinion for some people here.

Back at GDC, it was like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zessSS1TH8o

New trailer comes out last week, and it's this:
20p6an5.gif
Zelda dies and becomes a ghost who you can use to possess things, that old lady might be tetra
, the game is said to be more difficult, you play some fucking PIPES!!, etc.

Seriously, who saw any of this coming?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
It seems silly, since I like what I see gameplay wise, but I still cannot get over the train mechanic in a Zelda game. A caravan or something would have been neat.

wRATH2x

Banned
BorkBork said:
It seems silly, since I like what I see gameplay wise, but I still cannot get over the train mechanic in a Zelda game. A caravan or something would have been neat.
Not a fan of the train either, but damn everything else is shaping up well.

This game had no fanfare when it was announced, and it was pretty much under the radar to most people and websites alike.
But after nintendo released this new trailer and showed some of the story line all of a sudden the game gets a MASSIVE hype boost that i have never seen happened before to a game.

And i am on the hype train with the others too :D So weird!:lol

wRATH2x

Banned
SilverLunar said:
This game had no fanfare when it was announced, and it was pretty much under the radar to most people and websites alike.
But after nintendo released this new trailer and showed some of the story line all of a sudden the game gets a MASSIVE hype boost that i have never seen happened before to a game.

And i am on the hype train with the others too :D So weird!:lol
I guess hyping a game for a month can help, now I seriously can't wait. But now it's only a month away, not several years.

zigg

SilverLunar said:

Honestly, this is not really surprising. I mean, I've always loved the Flagship Zeldas—and the DS Zelda team is a continuation of that legacy—and even I was sort of... hmm, it's a new one. Okay. Nothing to hook me other than the fact that A Game Existed.

Nintendo was basically spilling nothing at all other than the fact that there was a train, the game existed, etc. Nobody had anything to get interested in!

zigg said:
Honestly, this is not really surprising. I mean, I've always loved the Flagship Zeldas—and the DS Zelda team is a continuation of that legacy—and even I was sort of... hmm, it's a new one. Okay. Nothing to hook me other than the fact that A Game Existed.

Nintendo was basically spilling nothing at all other than the fact that there was a train, the game existed, etc. Nobody had anything to get interested in!
Well, had they shown as much for Zelda Wii as they did with Spirit Tracks you can bet the hype train would have been at maximum capacity.

But that really all comes down to console Zelda and handheld Zelda hype.

On the one hand:

OH MY FING G PIPES! GAME HYPE PLUS 1000!

On the other hand:

Nice Nintendo. A freaking musical instrument in a Zelda game. Never been done before. Way to be stuck in a creative rut.

zigg

Green Mamba said:
Well, had they shown as much for Zelda Wii as they did with Spirit Tracks you can bet the hype train would have been at maximum capacity.

But that really all comes down to console Zelda and handheld Zelda hype.

Sure, sure. Even now, ST is probably suffering from that. But it helps explain why absolutely nobody cared much till recently.

Shit man, Ganon-Train takes no prisoners.

That said, it is the only one that appears to have any regard for cattle life.

If cow-catchers work the way I think they do. Which they probably don't.

zigg

Green Mamba said:
If cow-catchers work the way I think they do. Which they probably don't.

Yeah, they're basically designed to fling the now-dead cows away and protect the train. :lol

Looking at that Ganon (is it confirmed?) train, you can already tell how we're going to destroy it. I bet we'll have to fire some canons at those eyes on the sides.

zigg said:
Yeah, they're basically designed to fling the now-dead cows away and protect the train. :lol
Oh. Well, that makes a bit more sense.

SDZeta said:
Looking at that Ganon (is it confirmed?) train, you can already tell how we're going to destroy it. I bet we'll have to fire some canons at those eyes on the sides.
Nah, I don't think it's confirmed, I just thought it looked an awful lot like Ganon. Couldn't think of a better name.

Kevtones

So I just finally played Phantom Hourglass on a 7 hour car ride and the game is fantastic! What have I been doing with my life?

Officially pumped for Spirit Tracks.

GCX

OMG Aero said:
I was being sarcastic. You could see from the trailer that the guy was the same model as the pirate in Phantom Hourglass with new clothes.
Never over-estimate my sarcasm detection skills.

Somehow I forgot he was in PH too..

Continuity wise I'm having a hard time seeing the train being run by Ganon seeing as last we heard about him he was stuck under the ocean as a statue with a sword cleaving his brain in two, and this "Demon King" villain is apparently some ancient villain specifically tied to this new Hyrule that Tetra and WW Link found, so unless this new Hyrule is an unflooded old Hyrule (which doesn't seem likely from the descriptions), I just can't see it. Logically.

That said, I mean, c'mon, a Demon King with a face like that? Is there anyway to make a villain called a "Demon King" with a face that similar to Ganon without him being a complete rehash? And continuity hasn't exactly been the Zelda team's M.O. Unless the face on that train isn't the Demon King's actual face and they're just using a Ganon like face for the intimidation effect... aaaah I'm thinking about it too much.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Green Mamba said:
And wait, so what is this train then? It's on the game's logo, but it's not Link's train...
Wooden train = Link's apprenticeship train.
This train = The legendary train that is always on time. It also has the same logo on the front as Granny's steampowered wheelchair.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bizzyb said:
That guy on the left...is he...you know, someone who prefers the company of men?
Well he is a pirate and so it would be perfectly reasonable to assume that he prefers to hang out with other men. They say in-game how difficult it is for Tetra to be a captain in a male orientated world. That's how it was in those days.

wRATH2x

Banned
BGBW said:
Well he is a pirate and so it would be perfectly reasonable to assume that he prefers to hang out with other men. They say in-game how difficult it is for Tetra to be a captain in a male orientated world. That's how it was in those days.
tingleavpoppy.jpg

OMG Aero

BGBW said:
Wooden train = Link's apprenticeship train.
This train = The legendary train that is always on time. It also has the same logo on the front as Granny's steampowered wheelchair.
So basically it's the Master Train.

Top Bottom