• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend: Tim Curry as the Lord of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man just watching this movie again aside of constantly thinking I am watching a movie that kind of makes me think of the Zelda...I thought the makeup FX were pretty damn solid.

and Tim Curry as the lord of Darkness so cool

B815j8y.gif

tumblr_mpjopfqzvE1r0ik5uo1_500.gif

tumblr_ll9s2r7bgO1qclvq3.gif

tumblr_ll9rywSL2H1qclvq3.gif

Switters

You people have no idea what it's like to rent this movie on vhs and watch it on a rented color TV. Magical.

Karak

I talk about this all the time but Rucklebone...or Mucklebone in some areas was my favorite. One of the scariest scaries that ever scared me:)

"Every wolf suffers fleas tis easy enough to SCRATCH! ARGGGGG!"
Dude was A1 steaksauce awesome.

Kard8p3

Wish we could've seen the original cut. The version with the original soundtrack is still good but I want to know what the movie was supposed to be.

Yeah I was reading about the original cut and they planned more adventures and it kind of sounded a bit more twisted but the movie got cut so much

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
May be innocent, may be sweet... ain't half as nice as rotting meat

For what ever reason, this is one of the very few live action fantasy movies I enjoy.

I've never played a Zelda game, but this movie looks a lot darker than anything Ive seen from those games.
They wont make movies like this for kids anymore.

One of my early favorite movies as a kid. Curry's performance is amazing, really carries the film, especially his dinner scene with Tom Cruise's gf.

Curry's absolute finest work... well right behind Frankenfurter.
And yes, Lord of Darkness is still one of the amazing use of practical makeup work in any film ever... even if said film here wasnt really ever that good.

Karak

May be innocent, may be sweet... ain't half as nice as rotting meat

For what ever reason, this is one of the very few live action fantasy movies I enjoy.

Better be careful little Pelpox or I will cut you into little pork chops!

This, Willow, Beastmaster, Sword and the Sorceror, and Highlander are our lanparties go to movies about once every 3 months. Sit down and watch them all in a row.

noquarter

I was really scared of the Lord of Darkness in this movie as a kid. I the early 2000's I got Legend on DVD and watched it for the first time in like 15 years and understood why I would be scared of him as a kid. The effects were pretty good and he is probably one of my favorite monsters in movies.

And Tim Curry was great in Brutal Legend.

You people have no idea what it's like to rent this movie on vhs and watch it on a rented color TV. Magical.

No, but I do know what it is like to watch this on a little 12"~ color CRT in a kitchen on VHS. Also magical.

MYE

Remedy this asap. Even if you don't like the movie(I do), the makeup work in this movie is amazing and worth seeing.

Which version is the best?
The bluray has both the theatrical and the Director's cut I think. Oh and its the uk version so I guess the theatrical cut is different than the US one too(?)

What a mess

way more

As a little kid I conflated Legend and Zelda into one thing

Sadly, no child would make the same mistake with zelda games today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom