• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #2 |OT| - The Lost LEGO World

Status
Not open for further replies.
These submissions have shown that the Prehistoric set was a very wise choice. Despite several opinions that the set was harder to come up with ideas for compared to last month, the level of creativity forced on each participant is evident. This was one of the primary reasons behind starting the contest. On a personal level I can say that goal was definitely achieved.

nny

These submissions have shown that the Prehistoric set was a very wise choice. Despite several opinions that the set was harder to come up with ideas for compared to last month, the level of creativity forced on each participant is evident. This was one of the primary reasons behind starting the contest. On a personal level I can say that goal was definitely achieved.

Yep; nothing like some constraints to really get the creativity juices flowing.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I've been struggling with this kit for a bit, tried making a metal slug like tank, but it never really worked for me. Tried making a camera, but again it just didn't work as well as I'd hoped. So I just kept playing with the bricks and let them speak to me instead.

My set said it wanted to be an Alien queen head...

yCS1A.jpg

Mouth opens and closes...

udO0U.jpg

Shame it's just a head...

6lBWq.jpg

Though that doesn't bother this guy...

kHY2P.jpg

Left over pieces:

wGkm4.jpg

Jasoneyu

Started off building the pistol with scope and flashlight attachment:

7989989767_e78129d63f_c.jpg

Then starting making a bipedal robot with the left over parts (similar to front mission). Has a sword/rifle and shield ( either weapon can be attached to the back) with missile pod alt :

7989994966_9aa11c8bb1_c.jpg

another angle (with the shield attached at the back of the mech):

7989986855_fe9a849585_c.jpg

All the parts:

7989995804_07d6fd03a3_c.jpg

left over pieces:

AYdmIl.jpg

more pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsunu/sets/72157630539853008/

Ok, here's my attempt at a weird tank, kind of in the vein of the old thundercats base:
photo7_zps89f5300e.jpg

photo6_zps3479edd4.jpg

But wait, what's going on?
photo5_zps1f4c9628.jpg

It also transforms into a lame robot!
photo4_zpsa3e05522.jpg

And the extra pieces:
photo8_zps0e509286.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I had a lot of trouble coming up with something. Lots of joints and hinges. Anyway, thought it would be a good idea to submit at least something. Also, I need to buy a better camera one of these days.

MisterNoisy

FliX, you may want to change the OP to reflect the actual prize on offer for US participants - 7051 Tripod Invader. It's a neat little set and being discontinued, I think - a lot of the Alien conquest stuff has shown up on clearance aisles locally, at least.

More great entries, though it seems that overall participation is down compared to contest 1.

FliX, you may want to change the OP to reflect the actual prize on offer for US participants - 7051 Tripod Invader. It's a neat little set and being discontinued, I think - a lot of the Alien conquest stuff has shown up on clearance aisles locally, at least.

More great entries, though it seems that overall participation is down compared to contest 1.

ah yea, missed that c+p ;)
beeen busy the last few days, will update the OP now :)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'd love a future contest to be an 8x8 vignette featuring minifigures. I have tons of ideas for that.

ruxtpin

Banned
Official Entry

alright! Here's my entry with the set... Think of it as the start and corner of a Wipeout track, complete with stands and a couple of hovercraft.

IMG_0663_zpsbeb8777d.jpg

IMG_0662_zps388b8849.jpg

IMG_0661_zps759bbf35.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsb96eb145.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsbd2b632d.jpg

Leftover pieces...

IMG_0657_zpsbfc83e66.jpg

I couldn't think of anything decent with this set. So I shall go with planes and spaceships.

Red Baron vs X-Wing Starfighter

Articulated landing gear and front gun. Propellers spinning in opposite directions.

Ps09t.jpg

ZEVWO.jpg

Articulated wings on the x-wing.
ka4iP.jpg

The dogfight.
834nN.jpg

I hope it's not too late for my entry. It's two ancient, winged beasts battling it out in the air. I'm not that happy with it (especially because I entered something similar last month), but it was the best I could come up with. My initial plan to build a temple/pagoda didn't work out at all.

vcFfyl.jpg

NTSGyl.jpg

YJfOil.jpg

mBF7Sl.jpg

I'm happy that I could use almost all of the pieces.

Mikeside

I hope it's not too late for my entry. It's two ancient, winged beasts battling it out in the air. I'm not that happy with it (especially because I entered something similar last month), but it was the best I could come up with. My initial plan to build a temple/pagoda didn't work out at all.

*snip pictures*
I'm happy that I could use almost all of the pieces.

This changes everything.

Hope I'm not too late, but here is my humble tractor!

KGEih.jpg

(oh god i need to dust)
rlV7B.jpg

v7Bf6.jpg

Alot of pieces left over
AsxMT.jpg

And yes, my tractor only has 3 wheels :(
(sorry this pic turned out really bad)
nzUue.jpg

Such great stuff, love the beetle, the tractor, the angler fish, the piano, so clever. Can't wait to show these to my daughters in the morning, we have this set actually but it's distributed over our thousands of other pieces in a few dozen boxes we have for storing parts.

sorry for the delay gals and guys, I was on a conference all week and the internet connection was very very bad. So I will update everything now and get the voting thread up and running :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom