• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

God those early Star Wars sets were ugly. They have come a long, long way.

Anyways, finished Daily Bugle. Meh. Nice parts pack for making buildings but mediocre when done. The ship portion was pretty cool, and a very unique piece in it.

However, dem mini figs! Nova is cool. As is JJJ. But Doom! DOOM!
I rather prefer the older sets, I think they have more"character" and more Lego-ness to them. One of the reason back then that I stop buying Lego because of too many specialized parts. I think the older speeder bike while way too big are just classier looking.

And don't get me started on all the stickers, many of which don't even stick.

R-User!

So grabbed 60 of them and headed to the checkout. They rang up at $1 each!

That's part of why I sent you back; they've been ringing up at that price at the local wmart for a few weeks now, and I thought that you might get a chance at the 1 dollar possibility. And even at 2 bucks each that was already 33% off of msrp, so you weren't likely to find them cheaper than that anywhere else other than Walmart from what I've seen out in the retail wild so far in my journey into Lego Retail Dynamics.

To all LEGO fans: what is your consensus on CUUSOO?

Approval process takes to long, but is understandable considering what must go into licensing negotiations to get approvals for stuff like Back to the Future.
All in all I think it's pretty awesome as long as you don't get your hopes up too much about some of the stuff. I'm still bummed that the Shaun of the Dead Winchester got denied, but it's understandable.

And even if they don't get official releases there are usually plans included for you to make the set yourself. I actually made the mini-modular version of the Winchester. It is freaking awesome.
I chuck all my boxes anyways, so it doesn't matter to me anymore what is official or not.

Super Racer -
Red Rotors -
Fierce Flyer - 12
Power Mech - 14
Construction Hauler -
Thunder Wings - 2
Highway Speedster - 1
Small Cottage -

too close to call really,
but as Ironmask said that the mech is not yet available in their neck of the woods we might consider the Flyer first?!

just because for some reason power mech is not available here till march

any one else got problems getting either of the two sets?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
too close to call really,
but as Ironmask said that the mech is not yet available in their neck of the woods we might consider the Flyer first?!

any one else got problems getting either of the two sets?

I have looked and have seen Fierce Flyer in any stores around here yet. The walmart I was in yesterday had the largest LEGO selection I have seen in a walmart before. Chima, TMNT, New Star wars, but no Flyer.

Ironmask

I have looked and have seen Fierce Flyer in any stores around here yet. The walmart I was in yesterday had the largest LEGO selection I have seen in a walmart before. Chima, TMNT, New Star wars, but no Flyer.

Just asked today at a national "Toys'R'Us" like store, they said too that the powermech will be available in march.

Anyway, if the mech will win, i'll try to grab one cheap from amazon.es :)

then lets go with the mech, I will get the thread up and running by tomorrow afternoon at the latest :)

[edit]
or now

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #3 now live.

Amazon.co.uk actually does NOT have this set, it's a reseller so you gotta pay shipping! Might wanna correct that, either way i wonder where to get it from now hmm :( if only Amazon Spain didn't have shipping, it'd be an easy choice at 29% off!

Amazon.co.uk actually does NOT have this set, it's a reseller so you gotta pay shipping! Might wanna correct that, either way i wonder where to get it from now hmm :( if only Amazon Spain didn't have shipping, it'd be an easy choice at 29% off!

ah, thanks for pointing that out, mind you 2 quid postage isnt too bad...
never the less I hope its not hard to find in the UK.

aha, its only available as of feburary in germany too ....
I will extend the deadline now...

ah, thanks for pointing that out, mind you 2 quid postage isnt too bad...
never the less I hope its not hard to find in the UK.

Just realised it's not even out yet in the official Lego store (EU) and won't be available till Feb 1st on Amazon.de damn... oh well still enough time i suppose, i just won't get a headstart like i thought i would

Just realised it's not even out yet in the official Lego store (EU) and won't be available till Feb 1st on Amazon.de damn... oh well still enough time i suppose, i just won't get a headstart like i thought i would

yea first time i realised that too, I hope everyone will be able to get it ok within the next few weeks...
thats what the voting round was for, everyone was supposed to see if they could get it :p

iuuk

Palace Cinema is only going to be €140? In that case it's going to be the cheapest modular since the first three (I don't know their prices and market street was cheaper).

Philia

I'm doing a MOC and I've encountered several ways to build a toilet, but without looking up the sets' manuals, I googled and saw this gem.

Lego_toilet_and_paper.jpg

Neat, but is this feasible at all? I know the tp itself isn't.

I was cleaning up today and found several unopened Star Wars sets unopened. Worth trying to sell any of these?

7130 Snowspeeder
7128 Speeder Bikes
7134 A-Wing Fighter
7144 Slave I
7181 UCS TIE Interceptor
7180 B-Wing at Rebel Control Center

The following have boxes in bad shape but are also unopened:

7110 Landspeeder
7101 Lightsaber Duel
7104 Desert Skiff

All are from the late 90s.

Thanks for any insight, unless they are worth much I'll likely hang on to most of them.

I'm doing a MOC and I've encountered several ways to build a toilet, but without looking up the sets' manuals, I googled and saw this gem.

Lego_toilet_and_paper.jpg

Neat, but is this feasible at all? I know the tp itself isn't.

The toilet paper done like that is impossible without modification of the 1x1 brick.

Here are some pics of the toilet I made in a MOC:

R8KLAl.jpg

ep79Ul.jpg

The floor has a 2x2 jumper plate. The base is a 1x3 inverted slope brick. On that it is a 1x2 jumper to put a 2x2 round plate and flat round tile on top for the toilet seat. The back is simply a 1x3 plate, then a 1x2 paired with a 1x1 with handle, then another 1x3 plate on top, then finished with tiles. You should be able to see nearly every single piece in the pics except the jumper plate on the floor.

Philia

PB, your bathroom is fantastic in accurate design, but I'm going for a outward minimalist build. I'd dare say that the pic I googled is great for pieces I have no use for otherwise.

I don't think I have a lot of pieces to fill out my MOC, so I try to preserve by using different odd ends first.

But I'm curious, what kind of building MOC are you building?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Toilet lid is probably a road sign with clip without sticker.

30261pb007.jpg

Bowl is a basket (there's no white one apparently)

4523.gif

jpatez34

Neo Member
I was cleaning up today and found several unopened Star Wars sets unopened. Worth trying to sell any of these?

7130 Snowspeeder
7128 Speeder Bikes
7134 A-Wing Fighter
7144 Slave I
7181 UCS TIE Interceptor

7110 Landspeeder
7101 Lightsaber Duel
7104 Desert Skiff

Thanks for any insight, unless they are worth much I'll likely hang on to most of them.

How much would you want for the UCS Tie Interceptor? I'd be willing to buy it from you for a good price.

Marko723

Neo Member
I haven't seen the mech in Toronto yet either.

Thinking of hitting up the Columbus LEGO store this week-does anybody know if it has its own exclusive set like some others do?

Chapters/Indigo has it listed on-line PowerMech Free ship to a store.

If you go through GreatCanadianRebates you can get a 3.5% cash rebate to your PayPal Account.

If you add some MiniFigs or other small items, you can add this Coupon Code below to save $5 off $30 purchase, plus get free shipping to you home ($25 Min) and collect the 3.5% rebate.

JANUARY2013

R-User!

7130 Snowspeeder
7128 Speeder Bikes
7134 A-Wing Fighter
7144 Slave I
7181 UCS TIE Interceptor

7110 Landspeeder
7101 Lightsaber Duel
7104 Desert Skiff

We're they unopened?
We're you excited that they were unopened?

Unopened!

flyingpig

Neo Member

7130 Snowspeeder
7128 Speeder Bikes
7134 A-Wing Fighter
7144 Slave I
7181 UCS TIE Interceptor

7110 Landspeeder
7101 Lightsaber Duel
7104 Desert Skiff

Off the top of my head:

TIE: 500+ after fees if sealed and in good condition.
Slave I, B wing: 80ish each

The rest are about 50 each, plus shipping, packing, fees, etc. Check ebay or brickpicker for a better idea.

And I'll take the TIE for a reasonable price as well. Very nice finds, enjoy building them!

Philia

Okay I've modeled my bathroom. :D

puKpD2F.jpg

Easy peasy! I'm not too worried about the lack of a lid. Most public places don't have them anyway. This bathroom is situated in the cafe area.

Top Bottom