• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

SpeedNut

Yesterday when I was out and about it looks like a neighbor who ended up with my long lost lighthouse dropped it off on the front porch. Don't know what address the post office ended up delivering to but all in all I got the lighthouse I ordered.

Built the Seaside house on Saturday, fun build with the outdoor shower and such, however I know that damn fish on the grill will end up on the floor.

I have determined that Lego minifigures are just not sold in the Columbus area. I've looked at Walmart's, Target's, Meijer's, even so much as the LEGO store and I can not find minifigures. The closest things I can find are the Chima or Ninjago minifig packages with a few accessories. Plan on making another trip to the LEGO store in another week or two, this time I plan on asking as I will probably be there a while getting a couple PAB cups.

Philia

Finally clicked on most of the pics (you should make them visible on here without clicking), and I love it. The Friends line is really fantastic, and more people on here should give it a chance. Great colors and building techniques, and also opens up so many really twisted ideas for MOCs.

THANKS! I didn't want to uh... embarrass this thread by loads of the Friends line lmao. But yeah, I do agree that a lot should give the Friends set a try. Its just fantastic... for a interior design too. :D

I'm now working on the second floor and I'm really liking the light blue/gray scheme. I also have to remember to keep the floor boards from breaking apart so easily. I always forget that the walls also holds them together too.

I have determined that Lego minifigures are just not sold in the Columbus area. I've looked at Walmart's, Target's, Meijer's, even so much as the LEGO store and I can not find minifigures. The closest things I can find are the Chima or Ninjago minifig packages with a few accessories. Plan on making another trip to the LEGO store in another week or two, this time I plan on asking as I will probably be there a while getting a couple PAB cups.

Hey-I asked earlier but didn't get a response. I'm heading there tomorrow. Does that LEGO store have an exclusive set?

Also are there any deals at Target stores this week? I never seem to find any deals when I'm in the states.

THANKS! I didn't want to uh... embarrass this thread by loads of the Friends line lmao. But yeah, I do agree that a lot should give the Friends set a try. Its just fantastic... for a interior design too. :D

Everybody in this thread loves pictures. Never be afraid to post your builds! I recognize so many of those elements from my daughter's Friends sets. I think your building is looking great!

Ironmask

yeah i know some of you here are going crazy over the hammer car, but i'm not feeling it, not a fan of movable play features since i don't really play with my sets!

Other than that and the fact that it's kinda rare now and hard to get, anything else that's great about it? price per piece is good i guess hmmm

in order of greatness

1. 3 zombies (but chaffeur is also available in the Sun polybag)
  2. Hammer truck (for brum brum funny times)
  3. All the grey pieces for moc use

i've got it and i must admit that in the future i'll sell the set w/o the minifigs to get more space on my shelves

At that store i was earlier i also spotted Monster Fighters: The Zombies for the very first time EVER, even my official Lego store doesn't have that one!

What to do? what makes it so special? Should i get it? It looks like the weakest of the MF line to me honestly hmm

The hammer car is really cool, even if you don't like playing with it. But the set comes with three zombies, which you can never have enough of. It also has a lot of nice little parts for MOCs.

Most of all, it is incredible rare now. The set seemed to have a shelf life of only a few months, so finding it in the wild now is incredible. Snag it while you can just for the scarcity of it.

I didn't realize how rare that set was but I'm rather glad I snagged a copy already. Now I don't have to try getting one online for stupid prices.

yeah i know some of you here are going crazy over the hammer car, but i'm not feeling it, not a fan of movable play features since i don't really play with my sets!

Other than that and the fact that it's kinda rare now and hard to get, anything else that's great about it? price per piece is good i guess hmmm
If it's still MSRP I'm sure a lot of us would love to buy it off you if you don't want it.

Ok you guys convinced me (as usual...)

I will drive down there tomorrow and buy 2 sets( i believe they have 3 left)

It just doesn't make any SENSE at all to me how this store could have this set available?

I mean first of all, this is the first time i have seen it in EUROPE period, it didn't even come to Amazon did it? It was a Target exclusive in the US as far as i know and the official Lego store i went to never even had this one on display hmmm...

Ironmask

Ok you guys convinced me (as usual...)

I will drive down there tomorrow and buy 2 sets( i believe they have 3 left)

It just doesn't make any SENSE at all to me how this store could have this set available?

I mean first of all, this is the first time i have seen it in EUROPE period, it didn't even come to Amazon did it? It was a Target exclusive in the US as far as i know and the official Lego store i went to never even had this one on display hmmm...

in italy was available at 'Toys', a national stores chain, only in december (grabbed at 39€).

The jousting tournament turned out to be a massive failure...

8422328330_c5ca9e65cc_c.jpg

(Now I want a second one to put the two together.)

I have medieval plastic envy good sir. I resisted buying this on sale recently and felt good. Now I feel sad seeing this.

When we started getting (back) into LEGO we realized that we got a few of the Dino sets pretty quickly, as my son was really interested in them. Looking at it I've decided to get ahead and try to get as complete a set as we can (probably minus the big one) since we were so close anyway.

Now that I'm paying a little more attention, I kinda feel like I overlooked this series. Of course, it's still primarily all about those figs.

Nice photo. I'm glad I picked these up whenever I found a sale (only for the dinosaurs). The figs and sets did nothing for me beyond being good parts. Well, the HQ actually is pretty cool, but meh on the rest. Dat raptor though...

They aren't here in STL either :(

[ig]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8501/8422327702_ae1434de53_c.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8078/8422328330_c5ca9e65cc_c.jpg[/img]

(Now I want a second one to put the two together.)

Reminds me of the last scene of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

51nN78x.jpg

Ponn

Banned
I didn't think I would get into MOCing but my wanting some LoTR lego sets that I know won't happen has got me interested in trying it. That Fellowship pic from a page or two ago helped too.

How do you all think a couple Raven Legend of Chima sets for a Fell Beast would work out? I like the Mouth of Sauron but i'm thinking there might be a good way to alter it into a Witchking.

I was also thinking about picking up another Battle of Helms Deeps set to expand it or possibly go for a Minas Tirith scene with the Black Gate and everything. I see it in stock now everywhere but with that retirement speculation will this be the last restock of it or will I be good on it for a couple more months?

I've got a dentist appointment tomorrow and I plan to stop by the Santa Clara LEGO store right afterwards. My wife found the most recent catalog over the weekend and it included a 10% off coupon! I'll pick up the Power Mech for the MOC contest and my first few Series 9 minifigs.

I've got a dentist appointment tomorrow and I plan to stop by the Santa Clara LEGO store right afterwards. My wife found the most recent catalog over the weekend and it included a 10% off coupon! I'll pick up the Power Mech for the MOC contest and my first few Series 9 minifigs.

Which catalog is the most recent? The one with Chima on the cover?

Goblin King Battle for £50 at Amazon UK. Just got it! Dont know why they've got it at that price again, but I bit hard.

I follow Brickset's Amazon tracker. I've picked up a few deals using it before. I still need all the other Hobbit sets but having the big one out the way should make it a tad easier now :)

Dude, why can't it be another set?? I have literally ZERO interest in this one, but that is one amazing discount :(((

If it were the Warg attack set i'd bite!

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Dude, why can't it be another set?? I have literally ZERO interest in this one, but that is one amazing discount :(((

If it were the Warg attack set i'd bite!
Pretty sure they'll follow at some point. Thought it was far too early for any of these sets to be getting discounted but i'm ready for them if they are!

Was weak and got the A Wing while on lunch break. Built it during second half. Now at least I have an Ackbar figure and a white A Wing to go with my blue one.

TripOpt55

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8501/8422327702_ae1434de53_c.jpg[img]

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8078/8422328330_c5ca9e65cc_c.jpg[img]

(Now I want a second one to put the two together.)[/QUOTE]

I want this Joust set so badly!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So Disney just scrapped the 3D rereleases of Star Wars episodes 2 and 3, preferring to focus on the new movies.

So does that mess up lego's plans? Does it make it less likely that we might get new OT UCS sets (I was secretly hoping for a new falcon and Star destroyer when episode IV was done in 3D)

krioto

I bought the VW camper mid-last year, which rekindled my Lego love - the fault of this thread!

But now, my 2.5 year old son seems sick of his duplo, and has now moved on to the City series - in particular the fire fighters.

In the toy store he ran straight for the fire sets and grabbed one - we bought it, and he 'helped' me build it, but he really loves playing with it, and seems so proud when he manages to 'fix' bits that fall when he's playing.

So this has become an excellent excuse for the purchase of more Lego (and the wife is now onside too). We've now got a fire truck, bushfire command centre (on truck bed with an ATV fire vehicle), a helicopter, and I'm looking forward to putting together the airplane this evening.

So thanks LegoGAF.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I can't imagine that episode 2 and 3 in 3D were going to make enough of a splash to matter either way honestly.

Perhaps, but they would maybe give lego a theme to base that years's SW sets on. As it is now they'll have an empty couple of years while waiting for the next movie.

bndadm

Perhaps, but they would maybe give lego a theme to base that years's SW sets on. As it is now they'll have an empty couple of years while waiting for the next movie.

I find it promising that they have reached out into the Expanded Universe a bit with such sets as the Z-95 Headhunter and Sith Fury Interceptor from Old Republic. But I'm sure those kind of sets don't have an instant appeal like existing film sets.

It would be great if they did more locations/buildings like Jabba's Palace. There was an old, old Cloud City set that they have never reproduced (don't think anyway). Would love a re-design.

I built the 8070 B-Model again, so now time for a non Technic build.

Medieval Market Village
or
Fire Brigade
or
Mini Modulars

?

Haven't made much progress over the past couple of weeks but I'm getting there.

Guys, 15 more posts to get this image off this page. I really don't need the temptation, especially with my tax return around the corner.

notsol337

marked forever
Is there a good place to buy just a bucket of bricks? I really am not looking for any sort of theme, just a bigass bucket of LEGO's to build whatever I want.

*edit* Oh, duh. You can get buckets on Amazon. I hadn't seen a bucket in a store in years, so I thought LEGO wasn't making them like that anymore... whoops!

R-User!

Is it printed on a page or is it it a separate inserted in the catalog?

It's printed on a page, and I have two of the same Chima (one with and one without the 10% coupon) catalogs, and when a coupon is printed, the image above it is shrunk down to accommodate room for said coupon. Hope that helps!

Is there a good place to buy just a bucket of bricks? I really am not looking for any sort of theme, just a bigass bucket of LEGO's to build whatever I want.

*edit* Oh, duh. You can get buckets on Amazon. I hadn't seen a bucket in a store in years, so I thought LEGO wasn't making them like that anymore... whoops!

My local Smith's/Kroger has a few buckets discounted. They have pink and blue ones (~200 pieces) for $13 each.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Got the LEGO High speed chase in preparation for the LEGO City Undercover game. it's really clever how they printed the code on a piece (that serves as the police jeep license plate).

flyingpig

Neo Member
I like the new creator house. Looks like the replacement for the Hillside House at the $70 price point. Still no sign of a $45 bracket house? Wonder if Apple Tree house will stay around another year.

What the heck is the last spaceship supposed to be? Meh.

bremon

Wow that Creator house looks awesome. This year has been looking pretty slim for me, not a ton of themes that I'm chomping at the bit for. That house will definitely be on the list.

The Creator sets this year have been on fire. Was Jamie in charge of the division last year as well? Ignoring the Expert stuff, Creator this year is even better than last year. I can't wait to see what else Summer brings for the line.

It's "squint or you'll miss it" Monday!

jb2uxr9.jpg

31012 Family House

En4c0A7.jpg

75019 AT-TE

nPRHSLF.jpg

75018 Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter

(credit to motayan)

Ghostmind, thanks for posting leaks as consistently as you do. I (and I'm sure others as well) really appreciate it.

Also I have no idea who Jek-14 is, but his ship looks ghetto. As Bone said, love that house!

Medieval Market Village
or
Fire Brigade
or
Mini Modulars

I have only built one of those but I am a really strong proponent of the modular buildings. Fire Brigade is a tremendous build that displays very nicely on its own, or with other sets. The mini modulars are pretty neat, but they don't really "do it" for me. Likely because three of the sets they are modeled after are out of print so I don't have a connection to them.

I built the first two segments of the Minecraft set last night and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The set does a really nice job of capturing the feel of Minecraft very well. I didn't realize that the top layers lifted off "modular style" to reveal the innards of the segments - cool trick. My eldest daughter (who plays the game obsessively on the iPad when given the chance) lost her mind when she saw it and insisted I let her build the last two segments. We shall see how the six year old fares with so many 1x1 pieces.
I appreciate how they document the story of the build in the instructions, and the "figures" are pretty cool. I'm a fan.

Should be on the back cover of the catalog, same page your address is printed on.

It's printed on a page, and I have two of the same Chima (one with and one without the 10% coupon) catalogs, and when a coupon is printed, the image above it is shrunk down to accommodate room for said coupon. Hope that helps!

Looks like mine came without. Saw it mentioned somewhere online that the coupon is included only in catalogs that are sent out to addresses withing a 10 mile radius. Do you have a LEGO store with that range?

I have only built one of those but I am a really strong proponent of the modular buildings. Fire Brigade is a tremendous build that displays very nicely on its own, or with other sets. The mini modulars are pretty neat, but they don't really "do it" for me. Likely because three of the sets they are modeled after are out of print so I don't have a connection to them.

Oh, I already own all three. Just trying to decide what order to build in. :)

Top Bottom