• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Yea the ship looks a bit similar to the one they just came out with but I like the colors...when I see it in person, I can decide if I want it or not but I do know I want that Lego Creator House...they really do a good job on those!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Any particular reason? Color or simplicity?

I actually didn't have another navy blue flat tile lol. I have a compass one but I dunno. XD I imagine the compass image would kinda ruin the whole bed. But yeah you're right, the pillows WERE off putting but I don't have anymore rounded frames.

The last one has the best bed lay out because of the 1 pillow. I would prefer a solid head board from top to bottom I think. Nice work though. I need to start MOCing interior details for my Cafe Corner in the next few weeks. This will give me some good ideas.

Philia

Better?

rUBqq5l.jpg

I really appreciate the input guys! :D

Philia

Thanks everyone! I'll work harder on my MOC creations and be sure to post more pics! :D Appreciate the input so much. Best GAF is LEGO GAF, thanks!

I liked the ones that looked like the blanket pattern continuing off the side. Never thought to try that technique myself, but loved the way it looked in your examples.

So if I wanted to make the fence on my Arkham Asylum set bigger, and have the hooded guys along the wall, I could BrickLink the parts? Just the ones I need?

hmmblah

Went through the box of series 8 minifigs tonight. A friend wanted a set too so he helped. This was a lot more fun than feeling bags (giggle) in the middle of a store.

65 total (bought 5 then went back for 60 more @ $1 each)

8b8cIMa.jpg

Went through the box of series 8 minifigs tonight. A friend wanted a set too so he helped. This was a lot more fun than feeling bags (giggle) in the middle of a store.

65 total (bought 5 then went back for 60 more @ $1 each)

8b8cIMa.jpg
Dat football team!

Anyways, finished the main build of Power Mech. Not bad. Not amazing. Just a solid build. Tempted to do the other builds before MOCing.

neonglow

I found this 2010 set on clearance at Walmart. Very odd since it's been out of print for a couple years.

It's a pretty nice car and I will need to buy the new Highway Speedster Creator since it's the same size.

8429256668_b1f26d794d_c.jpg

jpatez34

Neo Member
This is for any UK LEGO Fans.

Apparently the Palace Cinema will be available early for VIP members from Feb 14th from your local LEGO store. Also TMNT is due in March and Galaxy Squad pushed back till June.

Also thanks to the staff at LEGO Shepards Bush I now have my first complete series of mini-figs!

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Apparently the Palace Cinema will be available early for VIP members from Feb 14th from your local LEGO store. Also TMNT is due in March and Galaxy Squad pushed back till June.

Also thanks to the staff at LEGO Shepards Bush I now have my first complete series of mini-figs!

ooh. Too late for the AFOL day, but if I skipped that I could go and fill my Christmas pick a brick box and get the palace cinema and Horizon express.

Fantomex

I found this 2010 set on clearance at Walmart. Very odd since it's been out of print for a couple years.

It's a pretty nice car and I will need to buy the new Highway Speedster Creator since it's the same size.

8429256668_b1f26d794d_c.jpg

Hagrids got his midlife crisis going on. I wonder what kind of rate he got at the dealership.

Any news you can find of an early release of Palace Cinema in the States at all? Of course, you getting the modular early could be payback for TMNT and Galaxy Squad being months behind here. Reciprocity and all.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Is the dark-blue Superman new? The one released last year was primary blue wasn't he?

No interest in that set in particular but could be a cheap way to get the figs at least :)

frack they looks gorgeous!

Also this

Amazing! Did you see his rock walls.

Incredible!

Anyone post these yet? Images of the Superman Metropolis Showdown set from the upcoming Man of Steel movie.

lego-metropolis-showdown-3d-box-4_3_r536_c534.jpg

Sold! Looks like a $12-$15 set. Liking the black suit guy. Too bad they don't have a black suit like that with the 'S' symbol.

I'm imagining a Captain Marvel and Black Adam set very similar to this one. *drool* Get to it LEGO!

ghostmind

Is the dark-blue Superman new? The one released last year was primary blue wasn't he?

No interest in that set in particular but could be a cheap way to get the figs at least :)

It's the new "movie-Superman". I would pick up 6862 while it is still available if you want the traditional Superman costume.

Sold! Looks like a $12-$15 set. Liking the black suit guy. Too bad they don't have a black suit like that with the 'S' symbol.

USAToday, where I got the images, says $12.99 MSRP.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/01/30/superman-man-of-steel-movie-toys/1876431/

It's the new "movie-Superman". I would pick up 6862 while it is still available if you want the traditional Superman costume.

Absolutely. 6862 has a superior, comic look Superman, as well as Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and Lex's mech power armor suit. And it's only $20 to boot.

USAToday, where I got the images, says $12.99 MSRP.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/01/30/superman-man-of-steel-movie-toys/1876431/

Absolutely. 6862 has a superior, comic look Superman, as well as Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and Lex's mech power armor suit. And it's only $20 to boot.

Yes. Highly recommended for Superman and Wonder Woman alone. I like the mech a lot. You could easily modify it to suit (pun intended) your needs. I think all the $20 super hero sets are amazing values for the minifigs you get. I got an extra of 6862 using Barnes & Noble coupon and membership discount for under $16 before tax.

6862, the Power Armor Lex Luthor set, is awesome. So much fun to build, incredible posable, and great figures as well. And all for $20 or less. It is one of those no brainer sets.

I just realized I have not yet posed the Lex suit fighting Shelob yet. I must do that soon. Imagine it as a scene from the failed Tim Burton Superman movie.

Top Bottom