• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Naka

Yes. Highly recommended for Superman and Wonder Woman alone. I like the mech a lot. You could easily modify it to suit (pun intended) your needs. I think all the $20 super hero sets are amazing values for the minifigs you get. I got an extra of 6862 using Barnes & Noble coupon and membership discount for under $16 before tax.

6862, the Power Armor Lex Luthor set, is awesome. So much fun to build, incredible posable, and great figures as well. And all for $20 or less. It is one of those no brainer sets.

I just realized I have not yet posed the Lex suit fighting Shelob yet. I must do that soon. Imagine it as a scene from the failed Tim Burton Superman movie.

Damn it, now I need to go buy this set before it's too late...

Man, I'm still trying to decide what to get 10% off on and I'm running out of time. Time to hit the LEGO store today. The one I went to last weekend didn't have the Sopwith anymore.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Then it's decided- hitting up the toy aisle on friday and i'm buying myself a Power Armour Lex...and possibly more S9 figs...and whatever else I fancy.

NL8yQ5M.jpg

a46YUGA.jpg

Mobile Crane Mk II. I want it now!

Argh. I have just about everything for my MOC figures, after the last four (small) orders I'm down to four items I need: 2 dark tan hands, a Professor Snape head, a Rohan soldier head and the hair from Friends Anna.

It's fun doing a shopping spree though.

lingiii

Banned
I got this Falling Water baby arriving today :)

LEGO_Fallingwater.jpg

I was looking through Architecture shelves at my local store and thinking "why the hell aren't there any Frank Lloyd Wright sets? Hit up S@H and went OH FUCK YES LET'S DO THIS.

I would try out Technics, but I'm afraid of what it will do to me in the long run. I can't jump in, for the good of my family.

Many of those large Technic sets make me drool, but I cant pull the trigger on them because I know I would get minimal secondary use of the parts in them.

Huh, placed an Amazon order for the Power Mech earlier for the MOC contest (despite never doing a MOC since I was like... 10) and expected it to get here Friday, but it just shipped and says tomorrow. This is why I love Prime.

So, any ideas or tips or whatever for a pretty much first time MOC builder? I like spaceships, so maybe I'll see what sort of ship I can make.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The original Mobile crane is what brought me back into lego, and I've since purged a lot of my technics and focused more on regular lego. If that was full RC controls it'd be very tempting though. Luckily it looks very similar to the first one so I should be able to resist

kms_md

Still no word on the Technix 42000 car release. It is still not on the US S@H site - a listing has appeared on TRU for in store availability only. Has anyone in the US seen one yet?

Still no word on the Technix 42000 car release. It is still not on the US S@H site - a listing has appeared on TRU for in store availability only. Has anyone in the US seen one yet?

$140 sounds way expensive.

8070 launched at $120 (£100). This has less functionality and is listed at £80 on S@H GB store. Hopefully it comes in at $100 in the US. Edit: Set has no PFs as well.

TRU is moving from the price markup to the price gouging territory here.

kms_md

$140 sounds way expensive.

8070 launched at $120 (£100). This has less functionality and is listed at £80 on S@H GB store. Hopefully it comes in at $100 in the US. Edit: Set has no PFs as well.

TRU is moving from the price markup to the price gouging territory here.

I agree - I do not plan on buying this at TRU. However, this is the first listing for this set on a US site.

flyingpig

Neo Member
Anyone know if the Chima cartoons are actually any good or doing well with the ratings?

Or the Turtles cartoon? I'm hoping the show does well so we get more sets... sets that aren't so lame overall, but I haven't heard much about the show.

Or Chima for that matter. Seems like ninjago was a bigger hit. Or maybe I'm just not the right demographic...

Also, is that an actual garage door or brick built? I love the sliding garage doors like the modulars and many city sets have. Not a big fan of the brick built ones like in Apple Tree House.

Question: How big is the Fire Brigade? I might buy new shelves this weekend and it would be annoying if it didn't fit. Height, width and depth, please.

wetwired

Still working on it obviously but here's my first WIP of Ecto-1, obviously it's missing all the doo-dads on top and the logo on the side but you get the idea. The curves and the fins are an absolute bitch to pull off, still not happy with it yet.

The grey bumpers will be chrome when the parts turn up too

ecto1-A.jpg

iuuk

I got this Falling Water baby arriving today :)

LEGO_Fallingwater.jpg

I was looking through Architecture shelves at my local store and thinking "why the hell aren't there any Frank Lloyd Wright sets? Hit up S@H and went OH FUCK YES LET'S DO THIS.
There are obviously going to be Frank Lloyd Wright sets in the architecture line, how can you even think of doing one without Fallingwater.
I recently bought this set as well, and don't know what to think of the build. It's very interesting to see the puzzle come together, but also kind of flimsy (it slides right out).

Actually, I recently bought most of the Architecture line, seeing how a lot of sets were very cheap on Amazon.es and Amazon.it. Not that many interesting builds, the Sydney Opera House and Fallingwater were nice exceptions. They do look great though, especially Brandenburger Tor, that's a must have.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Posted yet? Not a big fan myself, looks incredibly juniorised with all the big wall panels. Think i'll stick with the LOTR/Hobbit sets for my castle interests!

qTTGbFa.jpg

Top Bottom