• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Holy hell at your back log. Glad the move is going well!

Yea. I have been buying and not building for about 4-5 months now. No room to build or display anything. That will all change SOON. I need to break out the monster fighter sets. Probably next week if all goes well.

SpeedNut

For those that have broken down their boxes: do you store the manuals / instructions elsewhere or somehow keep them together? I'm getting to the point that I need to flatten boxes (and throw away the plastic bags, not sure why I've been keeping those) and am looking for pointers. Thanks!

ghostmind

For those that have broken down their boxes: do you store the manuals / instructions elsewhere or somehow keep them together? I'm getting to the point that I need to flatten boxes (and throw away the plastic bags, not sure why I've been keeping those) and am looking for pointers. Thanks!

I have a large standing filing cabinet where I store the instructions.

ghostmind

tRENImP.jpg

The scooter, the lounger...the knife rack. Just...wow. This is such a huge step up from Palace Cinema and Town Hall.

And the piece count! Thanks for the pics Ghostmind. Made my weekend.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

This looks great. Could be day 1 for me!

The scooter, the lounger...the knife rack. Just...wow. This is such a huge step up from Palace Cinema and Town Hall.

The detail makes me think it is a Jamie set. Has that been confirmed?

ghostmind

This looks great. Could be day 1 for me!

The detail makes me think it is a Jamie set. Has that been confirmed?

Nothing has been confirmed yet, other than what you can see via these pictures. It does feel like a Jamie set though... or maybe another talented designer (Marcos Bessa) took a turn at this theme.

We will find out soon...

Calm Killer

Nothing has been confirmed yet, other than what you can see via these pictures. It does feel like a Jamie set though... or maybe another talented designer (Marcos Bessa) took a turn at this theme.

We will find out soon...

No matter who it is they did an amazing job from the look of it. Much better than palace cinema.

Chuckie

Goddamn..that's gorgeous!

The back of the building is also great...too bad that part will never been shown in my current set up :(

pizza dog

Banned
Man, those modulars are pretty cool but fuck if they aren't huge an unwieldy. Does anyone have any idea if they're be another Mini Modulars set. There have been five modulars since the first Mini roundup by now, haven't there?

shadow29

Neo Member
Could I suggest a dedicated PAB-trading thread for that? I think it'd be easier to follow.

Please do. There are some awesome parts in the wild, but none of them at my local LEGO store hunting ground.

Why not make it a LEGO marketplace thread? You could have PAB trades as well as having a place for GAFers looking to trade sets. I would still put it in Community OT though.

I'm not quite sure how to set up a long lasting thread on this site. I admittedly only hang around this thread. I've cut back on posting online in recent years. But if someone starts it, I'd be happy to make a quick post as #2 to keep track of peoples PAB orders. As such people could just PM me changes in what they are looking for so they are all lined up nice an neat for anyone on the go to fill a cup for someone. Then the rest of the thread can be for other marketplace type deals like selling and trades.

EDIT: Also the sooner the better, since I'll be at a store tomorrow. I'm hoping for some good unique parts since its the grand opening in Utah.

Cool. Looks like Zane's robot bros. Glad they didn't make Zane the bad guy...at least not for the whole series. I don't think kids would like Zane being bad.

Is that the dragon climbing the building? Looks like a Japanese mecha godzilla type creature. Awesome.

That's awesome.

Is the little Vespa entirely new or has it shown up elsewhere? I love it.

I didn't even notice the scooter. I'm used to see 3rd party LEGO compatible scooters so it didn't register. That's awesome.

EDIT: What part is that grey piece of the roller?

Man, those modulars are pretty cool but fuck if they aren't huge an unwieldy. Does anyone have any idea if they're be another Mini Modulars set. There have been five modulars since the first Mini roundup by now, haven't there?

Huge and unwieldly (and expensive) is why they aren't sold in retail outlets. These cater to the hardcore and mostly adult fans with money. New mini modular set would be nice.

Whoah! That's a beautiful set! I'm loving the details... the proposal setup, the kitchenware, the fireplace, the painter's attic, the stairs outside... reminds me of Ratatouille with the kind of idealized Paris themes.

Also somewhat cures the hunger for Cafe Corner or Market Street.

Only thing I don't like is that it's kind of small. There shouldn't be a four stud gap towards the back.Then again it's already one of the largest piece counts so another few hundred probably wasn't in their budget.

Edit: Wow, some CRAZY snot work in the curtains and in the decorations on the top front wall.

WOW. The interior details on the restaurant. It really does not seem like an Astrid set from all the pics. She has done a good job with the last two modulars, but I feel her work on the Winter Village and Friends line was better.

Anyways, I shall have OT 3 up shortly. If everyone could please wait until I get the first three posts up in it for the giant OP.

LEGO OT 3: Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy

R-User!

I agree!

Dat fold out bed!!! OMG!!!

I can't wait to have this one!

Edit: Bye OT2... You demolished my wallet!!

I've been doing some measurements and I've come to the horrifying discovery that the mini-modular LEGO set buildings are actually NOT perfectly to scale with their full sized counterparts! D:

For the most part they seem to be taller than the full sized scale. I was confused because I made several mini-modular versions of newer modular sets and made them roughly to scale with the other modulars (the tops of the buildings match up compared to the full sized ones lined up). But when I measured the ration of width:height I found that the Town Hall I designed was too tall! But that couldn't be right since it was the correct height compared to the other mini-modulars.

I was mainly worried because I spent many hours building my "supposed" to-scale version of the mini-modular and I was afraid I had been wrong all along. But since the other mini-modulars seem taller as well it's not going to keep me up at night. I'm sure LEGO did it that way in order to cram as much detail as they could into those mini sets.

Wow, that Parisian Restaurant is really neat. I am going to be at BrickCon this weekend, so do they actually bring the model prototype for announcement?

Top Bottom