• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Movie 2: The Second Part

Kagey K

Banned

Anyone going to the sneak preview this weekend?

I’m interested to see what happens after Duplo invaded the realm. How will Emmett and Wildstyle deal with this new menace.

Should be a fun time.

Craggle me if old.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The three blockbuster (lol) LEGO movies are way better than they have any right to be. I love them all.

Seems like Unikitty and Wyldstyle are getting more of the spotlight this time around, which is cool because Emmett is funny but otherwise a completely boring one-note hero (which is kind of the point).

Kagey K

Banned
I really like the Garfunkel and Oats cover of Everything is Awesome they use in the trailers.

Can’t wait until tomorrow.

Catphish

I'm really looking forward to it, but it has a tough act to follow. The first one was more or less perfect, and is one of my favorite movies. I hope the second kicks ass, but we'll see. Fingers crossed.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Like others here, I loved the first, it really shouldn't have been that good but it was so much fun. Fingers crossed on this one.

Fox Mulder

These are fun and look great. Glad they went with this animation style over the shit they used like 10 years ago.

Using all the licenses like in Lego Batman is unique too.

Kagey K

Banned
Well I have to say overall this movie is a really fun time.

It might be a bit weaker then the 1st one in parts, but as a package is a worthy follow up to it. There were some great laughs and a few unexpected surprises.

I’m not going to post any spoilers (tagged or otherwise) until some more people have had a chance to see it, but if you enjoyed the 1st you are very likely to have a good time with this one as well.

There are a few small things I could nitpick, but I’ll go into that once more people have seen it and posted impressions here.

I will say that it starts right where the 1st one ends, so if you want to see it as some sort of 1 piece epic, you can rewatch the first and then run straight to the theatre for part 2.

Can’t wait to rewatch it and pick up on some stuff I may have missed the 1st time.

Kagey K

Banned
So my kids just talked me into going back for a rewatch tonight. It’s the first movie they’ve been interested in watching more than once in the theatres.

Going to watch in 3D this time.

jadedm17

I'm really looking forward to it, but it has a tough act to follow. The first one was more or less perfect, and is one of my favorite movies. I hope the second kicks ass, but we'll see. Fingers crossed.

Wreckit Ralph i felt the same and was let down by the sequel so im the with you. Catiously optimistic.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Taking my daughter to see it tomorrow.

I loved the first one. Am hype!

Sorry, street!
Yay I’ll have at least one other person to talk about it with,

I’m not going to say anything until you post that you are back, as I don’t want to influence your opinion one way or the other.

Catphish

Yay I’ll have at least one other person to talk about it with,

I’m not going to say anything until you post that you are back, as I don’t want to influence your opinion one way or the other.
I liked it.

It wasn't as good as the first, but it held its own. I just feel like some of the humor was forced, kind of how it was in the Lego Batman movie. But I really liked the last 20 minutes, and I'm looking forward to the Blu-ray release. I hope they can come up with a good idea for a 3rd movie, and close it out as a trilogy.

I'd give it a B.

7/10

judhudson

I loved it. I think its right up there with the first one. Okay, so maybe right below it. But it is worthy of watching for sure. Love certain cameo appearances. And that song did unfortunately get stuck inside my head...

mrkgoo

Caught this yesterday. I thought it was awesome, and a fitting sequel. Retained the feel and format, but also managed to add to it.

I never really understood the exact relationship regarding whether the lego figures were "real" or all just a story in the kid's imagination from the first movie (they sort of swing it both ways). It bugged me before, but now I realise that it's meant to be slightly ambiguous.

It was actually juggling a LOT of themes and was surprisingly thoughtful.

We saw it yesterday. Loved it. I’ll admit I got a little teary at the end because the main end plot point reminds me of my kids.

Overall funny ass movie with a good point behind it.

jadedm17

This movie was incredible... Relentlessly funny with some awesome music. Even the credits music was incredible. Love it. Day one bluray.

Top Bottom