• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeny

Force Awakens Threepio figure promotion seems to have gone live on S@H (UK at least). £25 or over up until the 31st December.

New items are listed as coming on 26th December, so if that is the case, I might hold out until then and snag another one :) Definitely interested in some of the cheaper sets.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
After seeing The Force Awakens I want a (minor location spoiler)
broken ATAT on Jakku
set.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You find room for the Sea Cow, its as simple as that. If somethings gotta go to make room, furniture, statue, pet, loved ones, whatever then it goes to make room for the Sea Cow.

Okay, okay, fine. If it pops up on Amazon Warehouse again, I'll get it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Target 2016 sets at target!

BvS Batmobile: DPCI number is 204-00-1517.
Iron Skull Sub Attack: DPCI number is 204-00-1520.

enter your zip code and the DPCI # here to check for local inventory:

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker

there are about a dozen stores near me that have them right now.

TargetFind.jpeg

From my info it sold really bad outside of the first month. Which means there is either no demand at all and Prices won't skyrocket or everyone feels they still have a year to buy it. So no way to tell what's gonna happen with it. It can become the new town hall but modulars have greater overall appeal than a batmobile.
What? This thing was never in stock at my local LEGO store until several months after release.

For the record: can we please have no Star Wars spoilers in here? I'm not going to see it until at least a week, and I'd hate to have it spoiled after all this time. Almost as much as I'd hate having to stay out of this thread until then :D

teeny

For the record: can we please have no Star Wars spoilers in here? I'm not going to see it until at least a week, and I'd hate to have it spoiled after all this time. Almost as much as I'd hate having to stay out of this thread until then :D

My lips will be sealed at least :)

This is probably the most chilled out thread on GAF (in my experience), I'm sure everyone will be mindful.

ghostmind

Agreed. I'm keeping only to this thread on GAF until I've seen the movie, and I would hate to cut myself off completely.

Ponn

Banned
My lips will be sealed at least :)

This is probably the most chilled out thread on GAF (in my experience), I'm sure everyone will be mindful.

We just like to hijack people's wallets in the name of Lego here, thats all. Case in point...

Okay, okay, fine. If it pops up on Amazon Warehouse again, I'll get it.

Yea you will, and you will love every minute of it :)

teeny

We just like to hijack people's wallets in the name of Lego here, thats all. Case in point...

I suppose Lego-GAF is deceptive like that :p

Though every welcome post I have ever seen comes with a warning about the enabling powers of Lego fans!

I think I've missed the boat on the Sea Cow unless I get very lucky in the New Year. :(

ghostmind

Curious as to why you loved the Log Cabin? I mean my wife has the set and i have looked at it a bunch of times but i never truly admired it the way i do other Creator houses like Seaside house for instance which just has THAT much more going on...

Probably because it, along with the Lighthouse, was the first Creator sets I picked up after my dark ages. It's got a special place in my heart because of that - and this new Lakeside Lodge looks to be a huge improvement - especially love the brick-built moose!

Nitemare1

Probably because it, along with the Lighthouse, was the first Creator sets I picked up after my dark ages. It's got a special place in my heart because of that -

Hey same here. Looks like we came out of our dark ages right around the same time.
Between that and a few Star Wars sets and I was hooked hard. One of the first pics I posted here in Lego gaf was my Imperial Invasion of the log cabin!

DSC_0181.jpg

wetwired

Nice collage of all the 2015 Super hero minfigs. Check his feed/photostream out too. He has shots of the backs of the might micro minifigs we recently saw.

Gotta catch 'em all! Just needs lots of money.

That reminds me, I need to pick up Iron Spider Man. I think the only other one I'm on the fence about that I don't have is Nick Fury, should I get the film version? or stick with the blue shirted one from last year?

Hey same here. Looks like we came out of our dark ages right around the same time.
Me too. If I got it now it wouldn't be interesting but at the time I enjoyed the wall that swung open and enjoyed how the roof came together. Soon after that I got Medieval Market Village and the Log Cabin parts went for MOCing, but I'll always have fond memories just because it was probably the first house set I built after my dark ages.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Never Emailed LEGO about the Wall-E problem back when I bought it, but I tossed and Email off to them when I heard fix it kits were going out on Friday. Already got a response saying my kit will be sent out soon.

LEGO Customer Service really is fantastic.

Thanks for asking this. I was contemplating going dark for the next 27 hours!

Wil348

Just finished my T-65 X-Wing MOC in time for The Force Awakens. I've been working on it for a few months, constantly redesigning it and getting it to the point where I am relatively satisfied with how it looks.

http://i.imgur.com/IMnQVR2.jpg

I will probably end up reworking it even more though, even if future changes are minor tweaks. The only thing I don't like is the small 'gap' before the tip of the nose, but I'm not sure how to prevent that with the method I used to achieve the sloping effect.

I like it! The shape and color scheme reminds me of Cobra Commander.

Just finished my T-65 X-Wing MOC in time for The Force Awakens. I've been working on it for a few months, constantly redesigning it and getting it to the point where I am relatively satisfied with how it looks.

http://i.imgur.com/IMnQVR2.jpg

I will probably end up reworking it even more though, even if future changes are minor tweaks. The only thing I don't like is the small 'gap' before the tip of the nose, but I'm not sure how to prevent that with the method I used to achieve the sloping effect.
Cool. I like how you did the cockpit. Would a 1x2 or 1x3 fit behind the angled plate to at least fill the gap with the same color?

TheFuzz

Quinjet 2.0 get! $58 shipped off eBay, brand new. Pretty excited to get this one, especially after hearing the positive impressions from everyone here.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Quinjet 2.0 get! $58 shipped off eBay, brand new. Pretty excited to get this one, especially after hearing the positive impressions from everyone here.

Coincidentally, there's also one on Amazon Warehouse for $57 right now if anyone's interested.

Also if anyone's interested, there's a Tower of Orthanc for $194 on Amazon Warehouse.

Bunch of cool stuff popped up today actually!

JANG reviews 70315 Clay's Rumble Blade: https://youtu.be/22mRz8TBhNA

All that trans red. Perfect to start Space Police 4.0 and return the series to its roots.

And here we go. The characters look better than before, and there's just SO many new parts.

I'm expecting a lot of crow to be served with this theme.

Ditto. I think at least one set from the line will be one of the most highly recommended sets from GAF in 2016. Some dark horse entry that comes along and blows us all away.

And here we go. The characters look better than before, and there's just SO many new parts.

I'm expecting a lot of crow to be served with this theme.

All that trans red. Perfect to start Space Police 4.0 and return the series to its roots.

Ditto. I think at least one set from the line will be one of the most highly recommended sets from GAF in 2016. Some dark horse entry that comes along and blows us all away.

Brickset did a nice post on that set that showed its various prototypes and evolution.
http://brickset.com/article/18161

I watched the first 2 episodes with my kids. It's pretty decent and close to the quality seen in Ninjago episodes. I think it will definitely help sell the sets. My kids like the little robot dudes.

I wasn't impressed with the Rumble Blade until I saw how it split up. It has tons of play options with that feature. I think kids will eat that up. I'm still not that interested in the vehicle, but do appreciate it a lot more after seeing the blade ship and how it splits. I will probably pick it up on sale for 30+% off for the parts and minifigs.

EDIT:
New Elementary did a nice post too with some of the new parts. It shows the new mini robot torso alone which I was very interested in that Jang didn't show. I think it will be a very useful element.
http://www.newelementary.com/2015/1...15-clays-rumble-blade-part-6129994-24078.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom