• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego |OT|: Let’s build together.

LEGO-76956-Jurassic-Park-T.Rex-Breakout-featured-800x445.png

this was a cool looking set that was just announced.
Saw it earlier. Too bad the car would probably look weird with the T-rex Rampage set... Might take it though.

Also, I heard TT Games didn't have the rights to the Jurassic Park franchise, which is too bad, because between this new set, the last movie coming out in June, and the Skywalker Saga being almost there, I'd kill for a Lego Jurassic Park: The Complete Saga including all 6 movies. :messenger_crying:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Optimus Prime arrives in June. 1500 pieces and can transform without removing any pieces. Also all the accessories, apparently Gen1.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Starry Night Van Gogh set finally announced. Coming May 25 for insiders, June 1 for everyone else.

41qnrku2h0091.png

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Dunno if i managed to upload the picture right but I found all of my old lego from the 80s/90s and found all the necessary parts for my beloved castle (6090). Lego is so awesome, and its just as fun building it as a 34-year old as it was when I was 10, haha.

UYi4grC.jpg
Looks amazing. I love doing my old sets.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Been a big week for LEGO as they had some major announcements.

Here are the two I think are interesting.

LEGO-Icons-90th-Anniversary-10305-Lion-Knights-Castle-1-JF6RF-640x641.jpg

LEGO-Icons-90th-Anniversary-10497-Galaxy-Explorer-1-JF6RF-640x425.jpg

I am ordering the Castle, to go along with all my original sets.

Those are really awesome! I grew up personally with thr Adventurers sets and would love to seek them do a glow up on one or two of them!

RoboFu

One of the green rats
So about a year ago I got a couple of lego sets for my kids and they loved them and I loved helping them! a few months after and I satrted buying some for myself and as collectors items. These are not everything as we also have a few big disney sets and the kids have a bunch of ninjago, mine craft, and block heads, but these are some personal ones I started buying just for myself this year. I am also thinking about getting into custom builds if i can make the space in my house lol.

a3kerxy.jpg
XXVqot4.jpg
FLEX0Yt.jpg
ErAaiaV.jpg

Last edited:

Quasicat

It needs about 6,000 more votes to make it happen. That would looks awesome with some of the other mini model sets that LEGO has produced.
I have been waiting for the Wright One Flyer to get produced for a couple of years now. This one looks so much better than the older retired one they produced.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/7fc9e88c-b60e-4c8a-849a-08c527c25fb4
AKYMZLK.jpg

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Just gifted this set to my son this morning. Was mine when I was a kid and I managed to hold onto it for all this time.

41uq98QJZtL._AC_SX355_.jpg

No box unfortunately but manual and all pieces. Its the third Model Team set I kept from when I was a kid that I gave him. I have one more in storage and saving it for a rainy day.

Last edited:
I went to the Lego Store in Paris today; the goal was mostly to get the anniversary red brick (which I did), but I almost came back with the Titanic as well... They had it in stock and I really, really want to build it, but I couldn't see myself lugging that box all the way home. :messenger_fearful:

I ended up "only" getting Optimus Prime... but part of me is really regretting missing out on such a great build. I hope they'll still have it next time I go there (which could be as soon as next week, who knows).

jason10mm

Gold Member
Anyone got the big Star Destroyer? Is it as flimsy as reviews say? I'm struging to resist having it next to my SSD.

No pictures because my phone is being an asshole, but I finally got the Titanic!

Got an email from Lego yesterday saying it was back in stock online, but because I was at work and couldn't check immediately, all I got was a "whoops too late, better luck next time!" message. Still gave the nearest store a call, in case they had it back too, they had one but couldn't put it aside for today, for obvious reasons. Called them again this morning (I don't work on Thursdays), not only they still had it but they had even received a couple more since yesterday. Fortunately since I live near Paris it's only 45 minutes away by subway, still got there as soon as I could; got no idea where I'll put the beast after building it though lol.

Titanic complete
Hey, since you've apparently built yours recently, maybe you can help me with something...

Did you have any issues with the side propellers? When trying to put the two "cones" behind them, they just won't stay on the little gray rods; the other end of the rods fit into the blue axles like they should, but the cones just fall off. I've tried using other cones I had lying around, and those fit on the rods better, but the golden ones? No luck.

For now I've decided to use longer rods (without the middle ring) of the same colour (no idea which kit they came from, but I'm glad I had two of them). They stick out from the end of the cones, but the end result isn't that bad.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Hey, since you've apparently built yours recently, maybe you can help me with something...

Did you have any issues with the side propellers? When trying to put the two "cones" behind them, they just won't stay on the little gray rods; the other end of the rods fit into the blue axles like they should, but the cones just fall off. I've tried using other cones I had lying around, and those fit on the rods better, but the golden ones? No luck.

For now I've decided to use longer rods (without the middle ring) of the same colour (no idea which kit they came from, but I'm glad I had two of them). They stick out from the end of the cones, but the end result isn't that bad.
I didn't have an issue getting anything on the propellers to work. I do remember there were lots of rods to use. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Top Bottom