• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego |OT|: Let’s build together.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
NASA Space Shuttle Discovery 10283 | UNKNOWN | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop US

Lego Space Shuttle Discovery announced today. Comes with the Hubble telescope. Looks like a cool build.

lego-nasa-space-shuttle-discovery-product-1.jpg

Looks beautiful! I have the Apollo set and would love to get more of these space-focused ones, but sadly space is super limited at th emoment. Maybe in a few years I can really get back into Lego building!

hunchback

I'm currently building the Lamborghini Sian. I have only built two of the bags so far because it's not a very challenging build. I'm kind of bored with this set to be honest.

horkrux

I'm looking forward to the Republican Gunship UCS that is supposed to come out in August. I hope it'll be a good model.

I've bought some Rogue One sets. AT-ST have really come a long way

img_1103qgk22.jpg

Too bad their ability to walk has been declining with every new iteration lol

AJUMP23

Gold Member
H horkrux You aren’t supposed to play with it and make it walk, it is a model to display.

that is weird though that as they get more complex or advanced they reduce functionality.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I'm currently building the Lamborghini Sian. I have only built two of the bags so far because it's not a very challenging build. I'm kind of bored with this set to be honest.

I never use the bags. Just open all up even the small ones and dump them in a pile in a box or on the carpet just as I was a kid (before numbered bags). That always ups the challenge.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I love LEGOs, have since I was a kid.

My wife is a photographer and likes to take silly shots of various lego sets we have. A few of her recent shots:

bcbff469c0502089eb8e3f97efd003bf7087e415.jpg

bb9a0e42c085207c0dcd03ef5afb27872c689bf0.jpg

8b1e6782f38f774e2d52b23e43c3019fcf7e73b6.jpg

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Ninjago City Gardens arriving today!

cant wait to see how amazing this monster of a set is

Oh man this looks awesome! My kid has way too many legos already but wow! We have the big ninjago boat that was one of his christmas presents that was a fun set.

Just_one

Oh man this looks awesome! My kid has way too many legos already but wow! We have the big ninjago boat that was one of his christmas presents that was a fun set.

just got it , the box is HUGE!

Currently finishing Bookshop Modular but i cant wait to get my hands in this! Its gonna look amazing attached to Ninjago City

horkrux

those big Ninjago sets really look impressive

I love LEGOs, have since I was a kid.

My wife is a photographer and likes to take silly shots of various lego sets we have. A few of her recent shots:

bcbff469c0502089eb8e3f97efd003bf7087e415.jpg

bb9a0e42c085207c0dcd03ef5afb27872c689bf0.jpg

8b1e6782f38f774e2d52b23e43c3019fcf7e73b6.jpg

great pictures haha

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
just got it , the box is HUGE!

Currently finishing Bookshop Modular but i cant wait to get my hands in this! Its gonna look amazing attached to Ninjago City

I got it for my son :D:D

My wife kind of flipped out haha. He is only 5 I told him if he wants it he had to learn how to ride his bike all by himself no help and he did it no problem after a couple tries, so I gave it to him. He is putting it together slowly. Agreed, huge!

Soodanim

Gold Member
I have an old set that was given to me as a present as a child, but I never used it. Everything is brand new, except the box which has some damage (it’s been a while). Do you think it will be hard to sell? I’d like to get some money for it if only to help with the guilt of not using a present I was give that probably cost a fair bit at the time. In the UK, if it makes a difference to the market.

s-l400.jpg

Not my picture, borrowed from eBay. But all of the parts that would have come in bags are still in those original sealed bags, and I’m pretty sure it’s all there.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I have an old set that was given to me as a present as a child, but I never used it. Everything is brand new, except the box which has some damage (it’s been a while). Do you think it will be hard to sell? I’d like to get some money for it if only to help with the guilt of not using a present I was give that probably cost a fair bit at the time. In the UK, if it makes a difference to the market.

s-l400.jpg

Not my picture, borrowed from eBay. But all of the parts that would have come in bags are still in those original sealed bags, and I’m pretty sure it’s all there.
There are several on Ebay, I don't know what the demand is for these.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

s-l400.jpg

Whenever i want to price something I search it on ebay and then filter by "sold" items.

In this list you will see a brand new set same as yours that sold for GBP 120 back in April. I would wager you could get at least 100 for it.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Whenever i want to price something I search it on ebay and then filter by "sold" items.

In this list you will see a brand new set same as yours that sold for GBP 120 back in April. I would wager you could get at least 100 for it.

I didn’t know you could search sale history, that’s useful to know. I’ll have to give it a shot, thanks

I never knew there was a lego thread here. Legos are awesome! Why did I ever stop doing this hobby? Gotta get back into it, seeing all these amazing collections and pieces got me hooked again 🙂

rofif

Banned
Got me some of dem LEGO BONSAI like OP.
I love lego so much... I must build more of it. Next ship in the bottle.
I was always technic only guy but since techni sets are so crappy recently, I decided to give creator a try and it's cool.
For now only built regular tree. Tomorrow will finish the ULTIMATE PINK FROG version and never take it off!

4NcuD09.jpg

rofif

Banned
My bonsai is a combo of the green and pink. Yours looks great.
I will build the frogs leaf's tomorrow but and try it on alone. I am way too excited for 100 pink frogs than I should be for a 32yo man :D
Getting ship in a bottle too next month probably. What else do you have?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I have a lot. I did the ship in the bottle and it is on my bookcase now.
Left to build master builds of A wing Ywing and Mos Eisley.
blacksmith shop. And some others.
If I can recommend a build the Saturn V is a brilliant one.

horkrux

Been trying out Lego alternatives the past few weeks. Mixed feelings.
The first was the Parthenon by Xingbao

20210801_132223azkkv.jpg

The model itself looks superb, and it's all prints. You can also take off the roof and look at the inner decorations. Very affordable too for how many pieces you get (~1600). That's it for the positives.
On the negative side:
All tiles are scratched. It's like they scooped them off of the dirty floor before packaging them up lmao
If I turned over the model, quite a few roof pieces would just fall down. A brick should stick, but that's clearly not a given here.
The construction is wrong; the inner pillars are too short. I also couldn't get the roof to rest properly on the building, so it's lifted up a bit on one side. It was quite challenging to build, so I'm not sure if that's on me tho.
Also, those pillars... holy shit... the force required to stick them together.. the hole was neither centered nor large enough for the bottom studs to actually fit. What a pain

Then I bought some Cobi tanks

img_1254byjcg.jpg

No complaints basically. Affordable, nice quality. All around some great models. I mean they cheat a little, since they have lots of special pieces. You would never get them curves, slopes and details with standard pieces lol
All prints as well. They're especially nutty about this, printing stuff like camouflage across multiple bricks if need be.

And now I'm building what Bluebrixx call the "Dome Church" (well it's the Cologne Cathedral, let's be real). It has like a million pieces (i.e. just short of 4000), but the model itself is quite small

103038_1.jpg

I can already feel that it's gonna be a problem, since some pieces have started to exhibit the same flaws as those from Xingbao. The quality isn't really there.
You're building super complex advanced models with subpar bricks.

I'd still like to buy more from them, especially from their Castle line, but some of their models have been oos for months..

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I would love to build the ancient wonders of the world. I like that the Parthenon is painted, something looks off on the quality.

Quasicat

Tonight I was looking for some LEGO Dimensions sets I was missing. I’m missing a couple of level packs and the Ghostbusters 2016 story pack, these things are getting really expensive. They never really went on clearance here like the Disney Infinity stuff did. As I was looking, I stumbled on this and instantly bought it.

wJgfTmN.jpg

What I really want is the Muppet Theater. Maybe a recreation of the inside from the original show and the facade that was used in DisneyWorld.

BigBeauford

We are building a second-hand Hogwarts Castle atm that had all of the pieces separated by color. It's kind of great and also kind of a nightmare. Think I'll pick up Diagon Alley for Christmas.

BigBeauford

Struggling to decide between the Blacksmith or the 3-1 pirate ship. I have the barracuda bay waiting for my son for Xmas, but I'm torn between these two sets. The blacksmith looks like an incredible build and display piece, but I think it will lack the playability of the 3-1.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Struggling to decide between the Blacksmith or the 3-1 pirate ship. I have the barracuda bay waiting for my son for Xmas, but I'm torn between these two sets. The blacksmith looks like an incredible build and display piece, but I think it will lack the playability of the 3-1.
I think if you want to play with the set, get the Pirate ship. I have the blacksmith, but I have yet to build it. It does look spectacular though. I have the Pirate ship that Barracuda was based on, and I played with it a ton as a kid.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Speaking of 3-1 sets I got this one for my son, we ended up building all 3 and I was very impressed. This was a well put together set for sure. Great value.

s-l640.jpg

Never knew we had such a community here! I'll post some pictures of my collection later, but it's probably going to pale in comparison to some of yours...

jason10mm

Gold Member
Ordered the DB5 off of Bond hype, though I don't really think it captures the smooth curves of the car very well. All the little gadgets should be fun though.

Woooo-dog at that Titanic set though. NINE THOUSAND pieces!!! I gotta think it will be a tedious build though. Priced to sell though.

Fuck, if only they did warships, imagine the Bismarck, Yamato, or even a sailing ship of the line like the Victory.

AUJaetv.jpg

Top Bottom