• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, so two new dragons in sets with little other stuff to use up parts, and seemingly a new character each? Sold.

They really need to lay off the fluorescent green though.

$20 Lego Creator Shuttle completely shuts down the entire City subtheme based on shuttles.

When are Lego gonna let City get some good builds again

MattJon

Help me I have a problem. I left the Lego store with no money left.

rOoSMFA.jpg

Think it was the tenth. Right now its the free Krypto with DC Superhero Girl promo. And a free Batman Movie poster that changes every week. This week is Harley Quinn.

I think there will be an overlapping of both promos at 10th and for a few days (when free Krypto ends?). I am planning to get both Krypto and Batman minifigs.

Ponn

Banned
I think there will be an overlapping of both promos at 10th and for a few days (when free Krypto ends?). I am planning to get both Krypto and Batman minifigs.

I was originally going to do that but you have to buy a DC SuperHero Girl set to get the krypto. Since the free shipping threshold is now $35 I got the Batgirl Batwing set for $25 and threw in a mighty micro set and a keychain. Didn't want to take a chance on the Krypto running out and I also get this weeks free Batman movie poster. Its worth it to take a look at what you are planning on getting and seeing which works out best for you to maximize free stuff.

Those damn Marvel sets not coming up this month threw a bit of a wrench in my plans. I'm going to have to pick up the Killer Croc tail gator set and the exclusive Knight Rider Dimensions set now when the free Batman figs go up to get that promo.

I didn't think I was going to buy anything in March and now with Brickheadz and those Marvel sets looks like i'm going to be making an order. Isn't even any good freebies that month, double VIP may be good if that PoTC set turns out to be a must buy.

I was originally going to do that but you have to buy a DC SuperHero Girl set to get the krypto. Since the free shipping threshold is now $35 I got the Batgirl Batwing set for $25 and threw in a mighty micro set and a keychain. Didn't want to take a chance on the Krypto running out and I also get this weeks free Batman movie poster. Its worth it to take a look at what you are planning on getting and seeing which works out best for you to maximize free stuff.

Those damn Marvel sets not coming up this month threw a bit of a wrench in my plans. I'm going to have to pick up the Killer Croc tail gator set and the exclusive Knight Rider Dimensions set now when the free Batman figs go up to get that promo.

I didn't think I was going to buy anything in March and now with Brickheadz and those Marvel sets looks like i'm going to be making an order. Isn't even any good freebies that month, double VIP may be good if that PoTC set turns out to be a must buy.

It is really hard for me, because my Lego money this month was already spent on Grand Emporium and the preorder for the Batman Movie story pack for Lego Dimensions.

I know I will be all over the PotC set in March (unless it is a major letdown, chances are slim).

I would like the free Batmen polybag, but there is not much I want right now. I want the Valantine's Day Seasonal and maybe the new Pizza Van. I was planning to get the Batgirl Batwing ad another $20 set (maybe another Pizza Van) just to get Krypto and resell everything here (keeping tbe Seasonal and Batmen) so I can get some money back. Not sure if that is a plan...

In other news I foolish let the Scooby Doo sets pass at the end of the year and now there are 30% more expensive here...

Edited: By the way, isn't the Excalibur Batman set exclusive to Target until March 20th? That will screw up your plans...

Ponn

Banned
It is really hard for me, because my Lego money this month was already spent on Grand Emporium and the preorder for the Batman Movie story pack for Lego Dimensions.

I know I will be all over the PotC set in March (unless it is a major letdown, chances are slim).

I would like the free Batmen polybag, but there is not much I want right now. I want the Valantine's Day Seasonal and maybe the new Pizza Van. I was planning to get the Batgirl Batwing ad another $20 set (maybe another Pizza Van) just to get Krypto and resell everything here (keeping tbe Seasonal and Batmen) so I can get some money back. Not sure if that is a plan...

In other news I foolish let the Scooby Doo sets pass at the end of the year and now there are 30% more expensive here...

Edited: By the way, isn't the Excalibur Batman set exclusive to Target until March 20th? That will screw up your plans...

Actually I have a target red card so i already have that Excalibur Batman set preordered with free shipping. I got the Batman Storypack at Amazon preordered when it was dropped to $30 (woohoo, the price they should be). So its the Knight Rider one I only need now and I refuse to shop at Gamestop. The Marceline set was available on S@H without any wait period so I assumed it was the same for the rest. That sucks if true if S@H isn't getting it day one. I'll have to get the last Mighty Micro set I need instead.

Ponn

Banned
I must be blind cause I never found Marceline on S@H and even cannot find her now (only the other new sets). Can you give me a link?

I don't see a link right now so I dunno, I remember copy and pasting the set number from the listing when filling out the tag replacement form. They don't have any of the new sets up for coming soon so its going to suck if they don't go up. I wonder if they work different deals because its part of a game and not a direct Lego product where they sell store exclusives on their site?

Guys I have a six-week old baby and I've been justifying the purchase of Lego sets so that he'll have a nice collection of them when he gets older. What's wrong with me. My wife is onto me.

I've also been buying non-lego SW toys

Guys I have a six-week old baby and I've been justifying the purchase of Lego sets so that he'll have a nice collection of them when he gets older. What's wrong with me. My wife is onto me.

You aren't being sneaky enough. Do you have any good hiding places in the house? :)
You also need to find the balance between feeding the addiction and not getting the wife too angry. There are a few here (myself included) that have pushed the limits. Also, it's like clutter. If it accumulates slowly enough, people don't notice it as much and it slowly becomes the norm.

P.S. Don't have the relationship fall apart because of LEGO. It's not worth it. She'll try to take 1/2 of it in a divorce which is why it's not worth it. ;)

Taisaijin

Haha, good advice. So far I've only bought small things, and I'm gonna quit for a while. Aside from those next microfighters... dammit

Wait until you start shipping your 'other' NiB Tumbler to the office. ~_~

Also, you obviously realize you're in the lions den of enablers here.. I blame all these fine folks for half my (amazing) purchases.

Maengun1

Dang I was planning to pick up Assembly Square during the March double points but I'm gonna be dropping probably north of $500 on a Switch, games, and accessories a couple days before that.

Assembly Square gonna have to simmer on the backburner 'til next double points

Man, gonna have to buy up those Brickheadz.

Posted this in the Pick-Ups thread but I got these for $1 each at 99 Cents Store.
Nice!
Is this exclusive to the "99 Cent Store" in California (I think that's were they are), or are LEGO Dimensions sets findable at random dollar store places?

I live in Washington and they don't have those exact 99 Cent Stores sadly.

Local TRU was sold out on the TIE so I don't have to worry about that. They did have the Imperial Shuttle though, so I finally grabbed that.

otapnam

I bought several duplo sets by the time my daughter turned 1.

The around the world set has a ton of animals and Minifigures and vehicles.

The big farm set has a ton of farm animals and a tractor too.

I also supplemented with a few small sets to round out the animal kingdom.

Now that she's almost 2 I've opened a few big kid Lego sets I picked up for her to play with and I've been picking up whatever I want when it's in sale and storing for when the kids are older lol

Bii

:]

My son is really into LEGO Jurassic Park/World, so I got three of those sets. I think I'm going to have to pick up more. I get a few looks while I was checking out but I would have bought more had I used a cart.

namtab37

Neo Member
:]

My son is really into LEGO Jurassic Park/World, so I got three of those sets. I think I'm going to have to pick up more. I get a few looks while I was checking out but I would have bought more had I used a cart.
Don't have any near me :-( need a few of those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom