• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to anyone getting hyped up about that new Creator shuttle but whenever i hear Shuttle i can't help but think of this:

tfYvzef.jpg

After building this beast, there's just no going back to lesser shuttles and shuttle wannabes...

ghostmind

Sorry to anyone getting hyped up about that new Creator shuttle but whenever i hear Shuttle i can't help but think of this:

tfYvzef.jpg

After building this beast, there's just no going back to lesser shuttles and shuttle wannabes...

Agreed on the Shuttle, but the alt-builds for that CREATOR set, especially the habitat, are what I am after.

That said, I can't wait for the Ideas Apollo 11/Saturn V to add to the display.

Speaking of shuttles, I completed the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium. Now, I never figured out if Tydirium was the type of the shuttle or the specific name of this one, but either way it's part of Return of the Jedi so it's always interesting. It also doubles as the Emperor's transport if I want to (although I don't think I own him yet).

Anyway - this thing is HUGE! At just over 900 parts it dwarfs the Falcon, but admittedly it's mostly wings. The same thing happened with the B-Wing, it has a rather small parts count but it spreads out. The build was cool and above else it's amazing how solid it is. There is nothing you can break off even with effort, except possibly the guns. And I'm almost happy that I don't have the UCS one - that would take up all my space ever.

The figures are nice too, especially Leia. I had the Endor Battle one with a new face, but this is much nicer with the cloth piece. One of my very first Kenner figures was Endor Leia and I distinctly remember liking her until I lost the cloth and her hat in our garden, and then the figure was severely plain. There could have been more figures, maybe an Ewok or two, or R2, 3PO or Luke, but you only fit five in the shuttle anyway.

I built stands for both these recent ships. Now I think I'll wait for the A-Wing and Y-Wing to get at least 25% off. After that, I don't think there's a Star Wars ship I find iconic enough to bother with.

Speaking of shuttles, I completed the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium. Now, I never figured out if Tydirium was the type of the shuttle or the specific name of this one, but either way it's part of Return of the Jedi so it's always interesting. It also doubles as the Emperor's transport if I want to (although I don't think I own him yet).
Specific name; the general type is Lambda-class shuttle.

BahamutPT

Bought the TIE Striker Microfighter (it was the only one I was missing from S4, since they apparently evaporated from shelves) and they randomly gave me a Minifigures Series 4 blind bag.
This wasn't advertised so it was a nice surprise.

TIE ho!

Agreed on the Shuttle, but the alt-builds for that CREATOR set, especially the habitat, are what I am after.

That said, I can't wait for the Ideas Apollo 11/Saturn V to add to the display.

I am hella excited so see the Saturn V. So much potential for coolness with all of the different stages and how they're all going to fit together.

TheFuzz

I'm trying to justify a $75 purchase for the Batmen poly. But im about to drop $400 for the switch in a few weeks.🤔

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm trying to justify a $75 purchase for the Batmen poly. But im about to drop $400 for the switch in a few weeks.��
I love LEGO but Switch has to take priority :) I feel ya, I'll be dropping about $500 on the launch.

Get the LEGO Undercover game on Switch when it comes out too, so good!

AMAZING deal on the lego dimensions stuff guys. jealous. I got good prices on mine but not THAT low. geeze.

here's a good deal though. If you have Gamer's Club Unlocked you can get the new batman movie story pack for 23.19

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lego-di...ovie-story-pack-multi/5715616.p?skuId=5715616

A lot of their other LEGO Dimensions stuff is discounted right now too. Look around if you need any thing.

WOW thanks. Picked up the Batman Movie, Ghost Busters & Fantastic Beasts. All more than 50% off.

:]

My son is really into LEGO Jurassic Park/World, so I got three of those sets. I think I'm going to have to pick up more. I get a few looks while I was checking out but I would have bought more had I used a cart.

Pick me up a portal 2, back to the future, dr who, Simpsons pls

I've got Legos to trade :3

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Built the Penguin Car tonight. While I love the look of it, I don't like how stiff the build makes the front wheels. They're very tight.

ZsXNOj9.jpg

I'm not sure how this is going to compare to TLM and TLBM, but I will have faith.

Trailer next week!

Keeping my expectations really low. I thought the TV series was very well done so the re-imagining of the characters starts off negative for me. I enjoyed it a lot watching it with my kids.

That first teaser trailer with Sensei Wu didn't give me much faith. Hopefully the new trailer will reverse my low expectations. On the flipside, I have high expectations for TLBM.

LEGO Bricks & Pieces is back up after being shutdown for the Xmas season.

Anyone see any good parts available? Last time around one could get a bunch of good minifig parts. I was able to get the parts for Maria Hill which is exclusive to Helicarrier set. They even had Sabine's helmet, but I missed out on it because I waited a week to put an order in.
Been looking what's available and didn't see any items that I need to jump on right away or risk missing out on them.

It's good to compare against Bricklink as sometimes LEGO B&P is a lot more expensive or vice versa.

LEGO Bricks & Pieces is back up after being shutdown for the Xmas season.

Anyone see any good parts available? Last time around one could get a bunch of good minifig parts. I was able to get the parts for Maria Hill which is exclusive to Helicarrier set. They even had Sabine's helmet, but I missed out on it because I waited a week to put an order in.
Been looking what's available and didn't see any items that I need to jump on right away or risk missing out on them.

It's good to compare against Bricklink as sometimes LEGO B&P is a lot more expensive or vice versa.

With a few exceptions, they haven't added new parts yet.

ChryZ

Checked the Lego Store and manage to pick up the Creator Robo Explorer. I wasn't aware it comes with a light brick. They also had the new City stuff and I couldn't say no to the Buggy, so badass. I do want the Creator Air Blazer, but will wait a bit.

papluh

With a few exceptions, they haven't added new parts yet.

There are quite some from new sets, but most are marked as "out of stock"

Kind of intrigued if those were ever available and quickly bought out by BL sellers or not. I guess we will see in few weeks on BL :D

For example the 1x1 tile with printed logo of Forestmen (from Nexo 70358) is out of stock, while the one with white horse from 70348 is available.

There are quite some from new sets, but most are marked as "out of stock"

Kind of intrigued if those were ever available and quickly bought out by BL sellers or not. I guess we will see in few weeks on BL :D

For example the 1x1 tile with printed logo of Forestmen (from Nexo 70358) is out of stock, while the one with white horse from 70348 is available.

I used to think that was the case, but I think Lego simply doesn't supply the service right away. They can turn up in stock in a few months.

I'm trying to justify a $75 purchase for the Batmen poly. But im about to drop $400 for the switch in a few weeks.🤔

Same here. I am not getting the Switch, but setting up a new apartment is expensive.

I judt bought Grand Emporium and the Scooby Doo Mansion, my Lego money is gone and there is not really something I need now from S@H that will justify the $75 spend. But Krypto and Batmen...

wetwired

ZsXNOj9.jpg

I'm not sure how this is going to compare to TLM and TLBM, but I will have faith.

Trailer next week!

I have zero interest in ninjago and nothing about this interests me, I can't see it doing anywhere near the box office the lego movie or the batman movie will do. Batman has widespread appeal along with lego (mostly) whereas ninjago is really unknown outside of the lego and kids circles

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
man I'd want bigger scale models for the stuff used in architecture

I mean not Sydney Opera House big, but maybe around the modular size big

Lego Batman Movie soundtrack came out today

Richard Cheese

Everything is Awesome
Omg!

Also, I can't be the only person that thought about this: the more Batman figures you get from the series, the more facial expressions you get. Handy for stop motion.

I haven't been paying attention-what Batman poly, and is it live now?

I am at Disney this week but will make a special trip to the LEGO store this week if it's a fig...

Rootbeer

Banned
Reminder: Feb 10 - 28 is the Disco Batman Promo at LEGO stores, free with $75+ purchases. If you are planning to make any LEGO purchase soon, best to wait if you want it! I think i'll pick up the Skuttler.

Lego Batman Movie soundtrack came out today

Richard Cheese

Everything is Awesome

It's two discs, damn! Got Spotify? (I do!) you can stream it here:
https://open.spotify.com/album/1nuvb3dI59xG29iCSuQ7CN

Our first look at Justice League

I'm excited about the new Aquaman and Flash figures. The others look very similar to before.

iBiYrzV.jpg

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Just found out my local cinema is showing Lego Batman TOMORROW. Thought it was ages away still.

Cant make it but hopefully ill get on sunday!

Okay, all the images for the new OT are set and ready to go. Now I just need lists of recommended sets from people as to put in the new OP.

Please refer to the OP here for how I broke it down. Also, any links to MOCs or storage that you want to be included in the next OT would be greatly appreciated.

There is still a lot of work to do. I forgot how long these things take, even when recycling most of the work from last time.

As for a preview of what is coming, let's just say the OT will end with this GIF.
5dmWJOw.gif

ZsXNOj9.jpg

Trailer next week!

NOT excited, since I have little interest on Ninjago. And the worst part is that there will be a minifig series based on it, and the completionist on me will have to buy that series...

Ponn

Banned
Ok guys, this mayo get out of hand if it goes any frankfurther.

Okay, all the images for the new OT are set and ready to go. Now I just need lists of recommended sets from people as to put in the new OP.

Please refer to the OP here for how I broke it down. Also, any links to MOCs or storage that you want to be included in the next OT would be greatly appreciated.

There is still a lot of work to do. I forgot how long these things take, even when recycling most of the work from last time.

As for a preview of what is coming, let's just say the OT will end with this GIF.
5dmWJOw.gif

Oh, current set recommendations time!

$20 or less

Blue Express
Mighty Dinos
Robo Explorer
Joker Balloon Escape
Brickheadz

Mid-range

Clayface Splat Attack
Fun in the Park and the coming fun at the beach set
Jay's elemntal Dragon