• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFuzz

LMAO, you all remind m of a three stooges skit with these edited posts. Lego has Ninjago knocking on peoples doors with threats apparently.

Most look nice, Mr. Incredible looks more like Dash to me though. I think they should have assumed multiple series and stuck with more complete characters per series then breaking them up like this.

Nice knowing you, Ponn. You 'bout to get got, too!

Nice knowing you, Ponn. You 'bout to get got, too!

tumblr_njixhd1uKx1suekw5o1_500.gif

I am going to run this GIF into the ground tonight...

mf.luder

That new minifig series looks good but doesn't interest me. I'm waiting for S3 of The Simpsons.

Nice that they bumped it up to 18 figs from 16. I wonder if that will be the norm.

iosefe

friendly reminder.

if you want a $20 Sky Pirate Plane, go buy a Ninjago Sky Shark this tuesday. it's a good build i think

Hey, guys? I've been taking a peek at that General Grievous figure-model-thing and I'm considering getting one. (If I can find one in stores...)
How is it? Pretty decent?

That new minifig series looks good but doesn't interest me. I'm waiting for S3 of The Simpsons.

Nice that they bumped it up to 18 figs from 16. I wonder if that will be the norm.
Didn't they show Series 16 at Toy Fair or something and it was back down to 16? I was thinking 18 would be the new norm too but that put a damper on things.

ghostmind

First, I just finally put together my UCS Tie Fighter, wow what a great looking model and it's way bigger then I thought it was going to be.

As for the main topic: Do you think the Super Star Destroyer is worth $1000.00, I mean it's probably my favorite SW Vehicle / Ship, but wow the price tag seems a bit high and my guess is that it's just going to climb higher unless Lego does another run which seems highly unlikely.

Anyone out there have it and would you pay that much for it?

It depends on how much you want it.

I pulled the trigger on the UCS Falcon for twice that amount, but I never went for the UCS ISD when it was around $800.

If it was me, I wouldn't pay $1,000 for the SSD, but you do what's best for you.

Kyari

First, I just finally put together my UCS Tie Fighter, wow what a great looking model and it's way bigger then I thought it was going to be.

As for the main topic: Do you think the Super Star Destroyer is worth $1000.00, I mean it's probably my favorite SW Vehicle / Ship, but wow the price tag seems a bit high and my guess is that it's just going to climb higher unless Lego does another run which seems highly unlikely.

I got this set for free and I have still yet to take it out of the box. Its so huge I have no space for it :/

wetwired

Anyone here in San Francisco? I'm gonna be there next month and was gonna go find the best LEGO store there to visit, any recommendations?

I feel like having Toy Story in the mix is a bit of a cop out since they already did those minifigs. Great for those that missed them though. At least they did a standard LEGO head for Buzz so it's a variant. Wonder if the Toy Story alien has some variations.

Seeing how well they did those non-standard head moulds makes me want other cartoon IP's like Looney Toons, classic cartoons (Popeye, Felix the Cat, Tom & Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, etc), and Hannah-Barbera even more.

What's Link doing in there?

Yep, the next "regular" CMF series will be back to 16 minifigs.

Which is good, else my display proportions would be screwed up for CMFs!

Also: Can't believe how no one picked up on Donald and Daisy's weird facial expressions ugh. Which they would have gone more with a Barks/Rosa style Donald face but i guess that's hard to translate to a fig from Comics :(

Also don't really like the Genie headcap thing... On a positive note, Ursula, Stitch and Syndrome looking great but i care about those a lot less than the classic Disney characters. Mickey and Minnie look decent i guess, though i would have preferred a more basic dress/shirt for Minnie.

I feel like having Toy Story in the mix is a bit of a cop out since they already did those minifigs. Great for those that missed them though. At least they did a standard LEGO head for Buzz so it's a variant. Wonder if the Toy Story alien has some variations.

Seeing how well they did those non-standard head moulds makes me want other cartoon IP's like Looney Toons, classic cartoons (Popeye, Felix the Cat, Tom & Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, etc), and Hannah-Barbera even more.

What's Link doing in there?

Like, you mean Shaggy?

Fowler

I... actually like the Disney CMFs? I thought I'd hate them from everything I'd heard and seen before, but seeing them now, I really like them.

Damnit.

Like, you mean Shaggy?

Like, it isn't pixie dust that gets Peter Pan flying high.

I... wonder if maybe they based the Mickey/Donald/etc characters on their park costumes? Aren't their mouths open?

Seems like the theme part ones mouths are open. I wonder if they plan future variants or if it was a technical issue to make the mice moulds mouths open.
Now, the question is are those cartoon characters or people in a costume i.e. CMF mascots? ;)

I'm thinking a Five Nights of Freddy and Disney Theme Park mashup with those new minifigs.

neonglow

Nice! I have this set, which is about the smallest RC car they made, but uses a special base:

51zNPNiKySL.jpg

bb396c01.jpg

Wish they'd make a power solution for something minifig-sized like the Speed Champions sets.

If I had been around when this was released, I'd probably have owned this set. I hope LEGO reconsiders doing RC cars again with better motors.

Rootbeer

Banned
I keep thinking about the disney CMF. Going to be really good.

I'm disappointed in the pizza place alien though... Woody really should be in his place. I understand, they have to plan for Series 2, but it's not like there's a lack of great Disney characters or anything.

Like, it isn't pixie dust that gets Peter Pan flying high.

Seems like the theme part ones mouths are open. I wonder if they plan future variants or if it was a technical issue to make the mice moulds mouths open.
Now, the question is are those cartoon characters or people in a costume i.e. CMF mascots? ;)

I'm thinking a Five Nights of Freddy and Disney Theme Park mashup with those new minifigs.

OMG, those costumes DO look so much like the CMFs...

Can't imagine they will officially comment on it but yeah, it really does seem like these are Donald Suit guy, Mickey suit guy etc. and not actual characters LOL

OMG, those costumes DO look so much like the CMFs...

Can't imagine they will officially comment on it but yeah, it really does seem like these are Donald Suit guy, Mickey suit guy etc. and not actual characters LOL

Nah that's not Mickey or Minnie's theme park attire, I do hope we get theme park versions or sorcerer Mickey down the line

ghostmind

After some reflection, I think I'm going to pass on Disney CMF. Just not as excited about them as I thought I would be - perhaps it's the lack of interesting accessories.

The Disney minifigs mostly seem off to me. My kids will want them all though.

This too - I don't know what it is, but I'm not feeling them like I was for the Simpsons CMF series. Except for Stitch - he looks amazing.

So my wife is pretty indifferent to LEGO as a whole...she has some fond childhood memories of them like many of us and thinks that some of the new sets look cool, but she can take it or leave it.
Doesn't mind me buying/displaying a few, of course.

This morning I showed her the Disney minifig leak and she lit up and immediately demanded that we need all of them.

I guess this'll be my first go at feeling bags. Any tips? haha

Rootbeer

Banned
The lack of accessories is hugely disappointing.

Guess this is LEGO's way of keeping the costs in check after paying for the Disney license on these.

Or they could just raise the prices to 4.99 to mitigate this with future lineups. You know they want to.

Afterall that recent C-3PO polybag at TRU was 4.99, whereas normally a poly like that would go for 3.99

I dread the day, but it's gonna happen.

At missed out on the 1.99 days. At 2.99 they were still a good deal. 3.99, they are clearly still moving, but 4.99 is really quite outrageous for what you'd be getting.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's a fair enough criticism, but the Simpsons series had some blowback as well, and personally I loved them.

This is kinda different though because they are mixing custom heads with traditional lego heads, it looks a little unbalanced

It's a fair enough criticism, but the Simpsons series had some blowback as well, and personally I loved them.

This is kinda different though because they are mixing custom heads with traditional lego heads, it looks a little unbalanced

At least the Simpsons custom heads looked pretty good and had decent expressions... Still can't believe open mouth stoner Donald & Daisy there...

Hey, guys? I've been taking a peek at that General Grievous figure-model-thing and I'm considering getting one. (If I can find one in stores...)
How is it? Pretty decent?

It's easily the best figure from both waves released so far. Also, he is huge.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177650243&postcount=15449

I'd like to echo the sentiments of many here that the Disney CMFs feel "off".

Ariel in particular is really strange looking, especially in light of how well done the mini-doll version is.

I'm in the minority loving the Disney mini figures.

Is there a reasonable way to buy a box in the uk? I used to collect something called vinylmations and Disney wound sell them by the crate if you wanted

ghostmind

Is there a reasonable way to buy a box in the uk? I used to collect something called vinylmations and Disney wound sell them by the crate if you wanted

Last time I bought a full box of CMFs (Series 10 - curse you Mr. Gold), it was through Amazon France.

Just go into any shop stocking them and pick up a box.

Or this. Some stores might have set a limit on how many you can purchase, but you'll probably find some willing to sell you a case.

Rootbeer

Banned
You can buy a full box from target. Just gotta stalk the store via brickseek and calling and be the first one to get your paws on it. Should work the same at TRU too

You can buy a full box from target. Just gotta stalk the store via brickseek and calling and be the first one to get your paws on it. Should work the same at TRU too

We don't have Target in the UK. The best bet would be supermarkets tbh, they usually get shippers with five or six full boxes in, and I doubt they'd give a shit if someone tried to buy a whole one.

Ryuuroden

So did it get revealed here first then get squashed somehow and was posted again when eurobricks posted it cause I notice different periods of posting times and tnb mentioned neogaf as a source.

The Doop

Personally I can't see spending that much on it, but there is an alternative which is what I just finished doing. I was slapping myself for not buying the SSD before it retired and decided to go the Bricklink route. After widdling down what I needed to purchase by digging through all my spare parts laying around I still had around 2/3 of the 3000+ pieces left to go. BrickLink and about 20 orders later I had all the parts for the SSD while only spending around $275. Granted I was very picky about part prices to keep cost down, but it can be done at far below the $1000 current price by resellers.

I even have a handy dandy spreadsheet with all the necessary parts (minus minifigs). If you want it, just PM me and I'll send it your way. Oh and I didn't mess with the stickers either. Those sheets are $30+ alone and don't really add anything to the ship since they're mostly inside.

wetwired

I love them. There's actually a ton of new moulds. Heads and hair etc compared to a regular minifig series. I don't think the Simpsons would ever have worked with regular heads (the look odd in that lego Simpsons episode) but the regular heads look good to me here. Mr incredible is then only one who looks off to me because of the torso shape.

I've seen a few people mention buying a box of the minifigures on here. What type of success rate has that had for someone who's done it?

Also, how many figures are in a box and what's the cost? (US)

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Anyone here in San Francisco? I'm gonna be there next month and was gonna go find the best LEGO store there to visit, any recommendations?

I always go to the San Mateo one when in/near SF. It's a trek out to it from the city though.

No idea what the other is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom