• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

Actually that should be pretty different.

Haven't seen this (or any) Rebels episode (they only broadcast it here dubbed, and no dvd's available), but if theyndo justice to that design it will be hard to resist (like any walker is hard to resist anyway)

teeny

Okay, I have adjusted my LEGO Marketplace Thread post to reflect my desperation for a 75053-1: The Ghost. I am hoping to trade a 70816-1: Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! - Complete, Sealed In Box for it, but I understand it is quite hard to find and therefore it may not be reasonable.

Help me LEGO Gaf, you're my only hope!

Okay, I have adjusted my LEGO Marketplace Thread post to reflect my desperation for a 75053-1: The Ghost. I am hoping to trade a 70816-1: Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! - Complete, Sealed In Box for it, but I understand it is quite hard to find and therefore it may not be reasonable.

Apparently the Target here in town has one in stock according to the website.

Do you have to trade or do you just want to pay for one?

teeny

Apparently the Target here in town has one in stock according to the website.

Do you have to trade or do you just want to pay for one?

I would infinitely rather pay for one, but I am located in the UK, so no Target for me :( Everywhere here is completely sold out, even click and collect and online - my own fault, I left it too late.

It's available pretty much everywhere where I live.. Are you in Europe by chance?

Went to Walmart to get Kings Mech. Finally found it, and what else do I see? Some more Raptor Escape. Thought about getting some to trade but stopped.

Osahi

I would infinitely rather pay for one, but I am located in the UK, so no Target for me :( Everywhere here is completely sold out, even click and collect and online - my own fault, I left it too late.

Not sure how you feel about paying a tad more, but on Amazon.de there are lots of sellers with pretty reasonable prices (Around 120 to 130 euro's. Not sure wat the RRP was?)

(It is actually I ship I wanted too, but passed on because I thought the price was to high. Never got discounted sadly)

Not sure how you feel about paying a tad more, but on Amazon.de there are lots of sellers with pretty reasonable prices (Around 120 to 130 euro's. Not sure wat the RRP was?)

(It is actually I ship I wanted too, but passed on because I thought the price was to high. Never got discounted sadly)

There are issues with the kit. Lack of an interior a-la Falcon is a deal breaker for me, it should have had an opening top of some kind. Even the Resistance Troop Transport has that, and this is a freighter. Also, breaking the kit up into two sets (Ghost/Phantom) was terribly rotten of Lego. I got soured on the set faster than I was hyped for it.

Osahi

There are issues with the kit. Lack of an interior a-la Falcon is a deal breaker for me, it should have had an opening top of some kind. Even the Resistance Troop Transport has that, and this is a freighter. Also, breaking the kit up into two sets (Ghost/Phantom) was terribly rotten of Lego. I got soured on the set faster than I was hyped for it.

That was the reason I thought the price was to high. Especially that the Phantom was sold seperately. I do hope they do a new version one day with the Phantom included. I really like the colors and the look of it, though I never seen Rebels.

Thought about getting some to trade but stopped.

I plan on picking up more Target character packs next time I'm there for the same reason. They had plenty last time I was there and it's been bugging me that I passed them by. Surely there are fellow Lego gaffers that want one and do not have access to a Target, right?

teeny

Sent you a PM.

Thanks, have responded :)

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind!

EDIT: So, I have found a reasonable listing on Amazon.de and have gone that route. Thanks to you both for your responses :)

teeny

Woah just found a local toystore that still has all modulars for retail price here (150€)

All modulars, including the pre-Pet Shop ones? If so, jump on that!

Read a rumour on Eurobricks that the 75150 Darth Vader's TIE Advanced second build is going to be an A-Wing. I'm very much looking forward to seeing that!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
So no news on a UCS falcon, and I can only assume the Death Star will get pushed into 2017 as we've seen in the last few years.
Was really hoping for a blockade runner (rebels or OT) but there's still hope with those unknown sets.

I expect the Death Star in 2016, just in time for the December release of Star Wars: Rogue One. Which is about how the Death Star plans were stolen from the Empire.

ghostmind

Went to Walmart to get Kings Mech. Finally found it, and what else do I see? Some more Raptor Escape. Thought about getting some to trade but stopped.

Wow, it's hard enough to find Jurassic World sets, but to find the most limited one? I don't think those will stay on store shelves for long.

IHaveIce

Banned
All modulars, including the pre-Pet Shop ones? If so, jump on that!

Read a rumour on Eurobricks that the 75150 Darth Vader's TIE Advanced second build is going to be an A-Wing. I'm very much looking forward to seeing that!

Yes even the ones before. :D

Pixels

I don't agree. There are some great designs in the PT imo. I thought about skipping PT sets when I came out of the Dark Ages and started collecting SW stuff, but I caved anyway because some stuff is so cool. Especially the Walkers are great, but also the Naboo Starfighter (I want this one, but it is way overpriced here), the Arc-fighter (they need a new version of this), the Republican destroyers (can't remember the official name), ...

I honestly found TFA a bit lacking in ship designs. Kylo's shuttle is very cool, but the snow speeder and troop transports aren't very good looking imo. I had hoped on some Y- and A-wing variations, and a Walker, but nope (yeah, there is a walker in the background somewhere). I really hope VIII and IX do better, and put my hopes on Rogue One for some cool classic ships in maybe a little different design.

I am curious about the Hoth UCS btw. I'm not going for too expensive sets anymore (going somewhat back to the dark ages, with less purchases and a focus on cheaper stuff because we bought an appartment), but if it is really good I might cave as it was the 2014 AT-AT that convinced me of starting with Star Wars sets. (And I have a little Hoth diorama at the moment)

I love some of the PT designs but I can't stand the movies so I have no desire to get any of them. :(

ghostmind

Friends 2016 2H info:

Main theme is fairgrounds!

41123 Colt Laundry? $10
41124 Heartlake Puppy Daycare $35
41125 Horse Doctor Trailer $40
41126 Heartlake Riding Club $70
41127 Amusement Park Arcade $18
41128 Amusement Park Spaceflight $20
41129 Amusement Park Hot Dog Wagon $30
41130 Amusement Park Roller Coaster $100

ghostmind

Nexo Knights 2016 2H info:

70318 Glob Pitcher $10
70319 Macy´s Thunder Club $20
70320 Aaron's Air Hunter $35
70321 General Magmar's Siege Machine $55
70322 Axl´s Tower Transport $90
70323 Jestro´s Volcano Base $130

70336 Ultimate Axl $10
70337 Ultimate Lance $10
70338 Ultimate General Magmar $10
70339 Ultimate Flama $10

Prices are estimates, and names are translated.

ghostmind

Ninjago 2016 2H info:

70588 Titanium Ninja Tumbler $35
70589 Cole's Earth Roader $45
70591 Kryptarium Escape $20
70592 Ronin Mech $45
70593 Lloyd's Green NRG Dragon $55

ghostmind

Updated Star Wars 2H 2016 info:

75150 Darth Vader's TIE Advanced & A-Wing $110
75151 Clone Trubo Tank $140
75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE $140

IHaveIce

Banned
Can you buy all of them for LEGO GAF?

I will pay whatever it costs in shipping for you to send the first three to the UK for me. You would be a literal hero.

Sadly I have not even the money to get them all for myself, just bought Palace Cinema today and more I can't afford :(

Christmas and my Daughter's birthday made me broke :D

Rootbeer

Banned
LEGO keeping up the pace... it's definitely a double-edged sword. I only have so much space (and money!)

Will 2016 top 2015?

Brickset's database of LEGO sets released per year. (2016 obviously a WIP)

ruke3ju.png

ghostmind

CITY 2016 2H info:

60120 Volcano Starter Set $10
60121 Volcano Research Truck $20
60122 Volcano Crawler $30
60123 Volcano Supply Helicopter $55
60124 Volcano Research Base $110
60132 Gas Station $80
60134 Fun in the Park $45

Osahi

Updated Star Wars 2H 2016 info:

75150 Darth Vader's TIE Advanced & A-Wing $110
75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE $140

Both will be hard to resist, but will probably be way to overpriced here too. Which will make it easier to pass on them.

When would they release by the way? June?

ghostmind

More to come in the days leading up to the Toy Fairs, but right now I am excited the most about the CITY sets. Finally some "regular" locations - a park and a gas station!

The laundromat in the latest modular has a neon sign (printed). That would place the building around the 1950's, right? The clerk upstairs is using a typewriter too.

Rootbeer

Banned
Toy Fair should be very interesting. So many hotly anticipated properties this year. Of course, LEGO likes to keep a lot of stuff behind the scenes... hoping for some leaks in those instances.

Odd question but with Nexo pretty much replacing Chima is there any chance of a monthly magazine? My son loves the ninjago and Chima ones and they often come with decent mini figures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom