• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Has Brickset communicated what specifically LEGO said to them?

On the forum they just said Lego weren't happy with what they reported and asked them to remove their coverage. Seems like a massive waste of time even going to Toyfair if you can't cover anything.

teeny

Its absolutely horse shit considering some of the glowing previews they gave stuff. Pictures will be out soon and people will be able to make their own impressions anyway. Also, the articles were out there - the "damage" is done. If Lego want to avoid criticism, they shouldn't make crappy sets.

I'm aware they have done stuff like this before and it's a very bad mark on an otherwise great company, IMO.

Hagi

I was going to buy a sand baseplate for my cantina but at £6.99 I don't think so lol going to buy The Ghost microfighter instead so I can make Hera the bar maid.

ghostmind

If anyone has the original Brickset Toy Fair reports and can PM them to me, it would be appreciated. I have a plane to catch, but will be back later to see what I can recover from their hard work.

In the meantime:

Hlv4inp.jpg

zzDa9WM.jpg

3g4z3dq.jpg

wONx8O6.jpg

If anyone has the original Brickset Toy Fair reports and can PM them to me, it would be appreciated. I have a plane to catch, but will be back later to see what I can recover from their hard work.

In the meantime:

Volcano stuff = meh (censor _this_, Lego!)
Excavator = holy shit! Could that possibly be the biggest Technic set ever?
Capitol = all that sexy sand green
Friends = most pointless "rollercoaster" ever? I guess the Futuron monorail was a rollercoaster too?

Tom_Cody

I recently picked up '8088 ARC-170 Starfighter' as a reward to myself for closing a big sale at work. I, like many other in this thread, have recently had my interest in Lego rekindled by Star Wars. That said, I was personally disappointed by the limited number of new vehicles featured in The Force Awakens, so I have been feeding my hunger by acquiring favorite ships from other parts of the saga.

I am a longtime fan of the ARC-170, and 8088 is a fantastic set.

Volcano stuff = meh (censor _this_, Lego!)
Excavator = holy shit! Could that possibly be the biggest Technic set ever?
Capitol = all that sexy sand green
Friends = most pointless "rollercoaster" ever? I guess the Futuron monorail was a rollercoaster too?

I agree with all these opinions.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
The volcano sets are aweful. Without the painted volcano on the boxes it could be anything. That volcano build is just strange. And two of those sets seem to be just Arctic sets from the last two years in a different color.

I am not feeling the excavator. From the reports I had high hopes but this just looks like a bulky build with little resemblance of the real deal.

Love 31052. Great successor to the camper van (60057).

RV is insta buy for me. Spiderman set looks good. That's not the Spider Gril I was hoping for. Scorpions tail looks interesting, just like I was thinking earlier.

Spiderman set looks like combining 2 sets would do wonders by adding more height and width. Kind of similar to Avengers Tower in that respect.

teeny

Spider set is preeeetty cool but was hoping for Spider Gwen if I'm honest. Would make a cool display set, nonetheless and it looks fun to play with too. Doubt I'll be able to get two, but it looks designed for expansion.

Holy crap at the Capitol Building. 56 studs wide! That is crazy cool looking.

Dat excavator! It looks so powerful and dangerous.

And the Spidey set looks awesome. Not just a cool build, but amazing figures.

Spidey bridge is ok. I know we are getting a weird angle shot, but it doesn't live up to the hype for me

It isn't quite as epic as the initial description, but it is still leagues better than most super hero play sets around that price. And oh, the figures.

Now to impatiently wait for Jack-O-Lantern and Mysterio figures.

EDIT: They say its not the final pattern, but it is still a cool model:
16Erlkoenig.jpg

And just think of the extra money they could make off of you by making a K.A.R.R. alternate.

I laughed but you're right. I would gladly buy a KARR alternate just for the yellow leds in front and alternate box. Hell, I'd even buy the rebooted mustang version if they made it!

Yeah, the excavator has to be the $350 one. The fact that it supposedly comes with a dump truck too and power functions would increase the cost of the set.

Jimbro72

Just saw the YouTube video of the BWE in action (on my ipod so cant post link) and, yeah, that has to be the $350 set. It's massive and with all the power fictions and seeing it from more angles, my interest level just went up for it. That thing has just got to be a beast to put together, though. Will have to see how that is going to fit in the budget later this year, along with a lot of these other large technic sets that look nice.

Just saw the YouTube video of the BWE in action (on my ipod so cant post link) and, yeah, that has to be the $350 set. It's massive and with all the power fictions and seeing it from more angles, my interest level just went up for it. That thing has just got to be a beast to put together, though. Will have to see how that is going to fit in the budget later this year, along with a lot of these other large technic sets that look nice.

3927pcs. Biggest Technic set ever. And oh so sexy.

And I want pics of the alt build to it. Man, I need this set. I guess if I am going to dive into Technic, might as well dive in the deep end where the sharks are.

Anyone else wish technic would do something besides vehicles? I dunno, a wind mill or an oil well or maybe even a robot with a working walk cycle or something. Kinda boring that they just do vehicles.

I recently picked up '8088 ARC-170 Starfighter' as a reward to myself for closing a big sale at work. I, like many other in this thread, have recently had my interest in Lego rekindled by Star Wars. That said, I was personally disappointed by the limited number of new vehicles featured in The Force Awakens, so I have been feeding my hunger by acquiring favorite ships from other parts of the saga.

I am a longtime fan of the ARC-170, and 8088 is a fantastic set.

I rewatched episode III over the weekend with my 4 year old and that sparked my interest in picking up this set. Coincidentally someone was selling one locally on Craigslist for a good price. I grabbed 8089 Hoth Wampa Cave too.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It isn't quite as epic as the initial description, but it is still leagues better than most super hero play sets around that price. And oh, the figures.

Now to impatiently wait for Jack-O-Lantern and Mysterio figures.

EDIT: They say its not the final pattern, but it is still a cool model:
16Erlkoenig.jpg

LOL. Did they really have to use camo livery on a LEGO car? Normally it's used to hide the aerodynamics of a chassis, but I guess LEGO wanted a cute way to hide the final color.

ruxtpin

Banned
Holy crap at those Technic sets. I picked up that LE 4x4 Crawler couple of years ago, but I may have to get that car. That looks fantastic.

And I just watched the video on the excavator. Sold.

Ah jeez I'm probably gonna wind up buying two of those Friends roller coasters. I wonder if there's any way to use a train motor with it.

If anything it gives me hope that eventually Lego will make a Creator rollercoaster for the Fairground theme.

That isn't Spider-Girl at all, it looks to me like it's Spider-Woman? Just with brown hair instead of black. That new webbing piece is fantastic.

City Volcano sets look like crap. No way will these be as popular as the Arctic sets. Those at least had animals and a "treasure" that made sense.

City Volcano sets look like crap. No way will these be as popular as the Arctic sets. Those at least had animals and a "treasure" that made sense.

And all the animals, which were a huge draw.

I don't dislike the volcano sets, I just don't see a place for them in my collection/display. Very much like the Arctic theme in that regard. The big truck is kind of cool, but that's also in the largest set, so a big no from me.

ruxtpin

Banned

Yeah. I was looking forward to this theme, but its like they just switched orange for green pieces from the Arctic theme. Which reminds me, I wanna' go back and pick up the Arctic boat before it gets crazy expensive.

Yeah. I was looking forward to this theme, but its like they just switched orange for green pieces from the Arctic theme. Which reminds me, I wanna' go back and pick up the Arctic boat before it gets crazy expensive.

I would like the ship only. All the other stuff needlessly jacks the price up IMO. Also, the colors are too similar to the coast guard ship released the year before for my liking. But man, I love lego ships...

The deep sea ship will be mine for sure though. That thing is huge and has a very distinct look to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom