• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
HhyuSU8.jpg

I can't quite make out what that says about Batman. It looks like Cat Meow Batman

Gazunta

I think they're running dry on buildings that will sell to a large audience based on the Simpsons. The school is the only other one I can think of. It won't bother me too much if we don't get any more with the exception of the lack of a radiation man minifig to go with Fallout boy

kind of bummed out about this since the Simpsons was one of the main reasons I got back into LEGO recently.

I think sets based around the Nuclear Power Plant with goop leaking from the roof, Homer's work control panel, Mr Burns' office, glowing raccons etc would be great and allow for a lot of gags. Springfield Elementary would be huge but repetitive to build if it included everything, but damn I would want it. The comic geek in me would love a LEGO Android's Dungeon, if we couldn't have a Moe's Tavern.

Since when did Scarecrow have a mullet?

latest

"PARTY'S IN THE BACK, BABY"

I can't quite make out what that says about Batman. It looks like Cat Meow Batman

Well, seeing as Scarecrow is driving a big poison gas machine and Batman has a gas mask on I'd say...

I think it's "Gas Ready Batman"... accessory is a big plate of baked beans.

...is a pretty good guess. Really... strange way to word it though IMO? Why not Gas Mask Batman or something.

kind of bummed out about this since the Simpsons was one of the main reasons I got back into LEGO recently.

I think sets based around the Nuclear Power Plant with goop leaking from the roof, Homer's work control panel, Mr Burns' office, glowing raccons etc would be great and allow for a lot of gags. Springfield Elementary would be huge but repetitive to build if it included everything, but damn I would want it. The comic geek in me would love a LEGO Android's Dungeon, if we couldn't have a Moe's Tavern.

They never gave any kind of reason why, but they've gone on record saying that they'd never make any sets based on/around/in the power plant. I think it was an interview and someone asked about Moe's or potential other sets and they just straight up crossed the bar and the power plant off the list. Maybe they don't want to promote nuclear energy? It makes no sense to me.

But otherwise I agree with you. They could have done so many low-to-mid priced sets. I honestly think it's because Simpsons is right on the fence of being for everyone and being for adults so they didn't want to make it as easily accessible to children with cheaper sets.

Fishlake

Looks like I'll pick up most of the villain sets from Nexo also the dragon from Ninja-go and maybe some Elves and Bionicles if I have the spare cash. So much looks good to me right now that I'm a but worried at how much I might spend in the summer. Jestro's lair looks amazing to me and I can't believe how much they packed into it. I also need to get the Nija-go Air temple.

So much to get so little time to save up.

There's better pics of the set but yeah kind airy.

Ido love his design though, I just wish it was another character and not Umarak himself

I really hope we get pictures of his back soon, so we can know whats going on there. Some are speculating theres a gear box which would mean there would be three functions on him (and also an instant buy from me). Also there's some weird technic beam contraption near his head in the better pictures of him and i have no idea why its there. Maybe his head can pop forward like a bohrok?

willp2003

Does anyone know when we're likely to hear about the next Ideas set to be announced (assuming they pick one this time)? Really want that Caterham.

I'm legit sad that it isn't Ted Kord :(

Me too, but that is a very nice minifig of the current Blue Beetle incarnation. Also, can't have Ted Kord Blue Beetle without Booster Gold. I actually bought custom minifigs of those two. Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

Killer Moth is an awesome villain for comic book nerds like me. I never would have expected LEGO to do that villain. What's next, Calendar Man and the Calculator?

Seriously disappointed they have a farm scene and didn't use it to put in a cow for playability and fun. Boo! Moo!

Not too keen on the Doc Ock robot. The tentacles and especially the pincers at the end are great though.

3N16MA

Banned
Looking at the Silver Centurion minifig shows just what TLG should be doing with their prints. It's about time that more minifgs come with that level of printing in retail sets. At the very least include that level of detail on minifigs included in big exclusive sets.

wetwired

The custom Vigo the Carpathian I ordered showed up today, pics aren't great but the cloth parts are actually printed leather, he even comes with two faces

vigo.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
xwUFQC7.jpg

AND... SW Advent Calendar info?

Check the spoiler tag

According to PromoBricks, there will be 10 minifigures in the set including a chrome C-3PO, a white Chewbacca, and a Stormtrooper snowman. For the mini-builds, you see some of the usual vehicles like Boba Fett’s Slave I, a TIE Advanced, an A-Wing, the Blockade Runner, and a Republic Attack Cruiser. We’ve already seen some of these builds in previous advent calendars so we’ll see how LEGO has updated them for this year.

wetwired

surprised that the new x-wing is grey and not white. Looks like that A-wing/Tie set has the new dr who/peter venkman hair piece in dark grey, I was just looking for that in bulk the other day for a custom but it didn't exist :(

also lol at the no photos sign

Rootbeer

Banned
I wish we could get some better pics of that set in the upper-right hand box, but beggars can't be choosers!

I know a lot of people are going to be very excited for many of these sets, as am I! Really nice wave overall.

I'm still not fully sure if that's Dengar (bottom near no photography sign) but I hope that it is. I need a Dengar!

Rootbeer

Banned
I had to check, looks like there's already been two

sw149.jpg

sw350.jpg

Oh, I know. But the most recent one was only in a very expensive set and it's not cheap on the aftermarket. I'd happily just wait to get a newer one if it were coming in a set this year. As for the first release one, I tend to prefer the newer printings on minifigs.

Hagi

They could have knocked it down to a lighter color but they did try to approximate it by adding in some darker dirt/sand bricks to simulate the dirtiness.

whats-in-a-name.jpg

Oh yeah they have the right idea I just think it's a shade too bright. Maybe there will be some weathered stickers or something. Buying it anyway though lol

Osahi

Okay. I NEED that Lugabeast.

Not sure about the Tie (allready have an a-wing) and I fear the awesome rex at-i don't remember the rest will be to expensive (but so cool!)

valkyre

They could have knocked it down to a lighter color but they did try to approximate it by adding in some darker dirt/sand bricks to simulate the dirtiness.

whats-in-a-name.jpg

I believe i will try mixing some of those blue tiles with dark bluish ones. Its way too bright blue.

But I will definitely get the set. It will actually be part of the MOC I am thinking of making on Jakku.

Looking at the Silver Centurion minifig shows just what TLG should be doing with their prints. It's about time that more minifgs come with that level of printing in retail sets. At the very least include that level of detail on minifigs included in big exclusive sets.

I couldn't agree more on the recent prints. Last year's polybagged C3P0 is (in my opinion) the best printing they've ever done. The new CMF series is similarly really, really well done. I can't wait to see the prints on the next playset-style UCS SW set. I'll bet we're in for some very solid figs.

On the Silver Centurion front, what's my best bet for getting one? Was it pre-order only or are some retailers giving it away with the game? I think we're both in Canada - I'll Bricklilnk at a last resort if necessary.

What is that little black ship?

ghostmind

When is this wave due to hit? June-ish?

Probably June. Sometimes the Super Heroes sets, and other themes, get pushed to August, but for Star Wars I am thinking June, since rumour has it we will be getting five Rogue One sets on Force Friday in September.

Rootbeer

Banned
Our first look at the Disney CMF series which solidifies the reports that it has 18 figures

QDBJyFO.png

And here is Series 16, which I presume comes after the Disney ones?

coSCZXg.jpg

ghostmind

Our first look at the Disney CMF series which solidifies the reports that it has 18 figures

QDBJyFO.png

And here is Series 16, which I presume comes after the Disney ones?

coSCZXg.jpg

Little Mickey heads floating around with the question marks...

Here's the new rumored list so far:

Captain Hook
Genie
Mr. Incredible
Syndrome
Peter Pan
Ursula
Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse
Mulan

Series 16 is September/October - and the rumored list for that one:

Snow Queen
Devil/Imp (Costume?)
Spooky Boy
Babysitter
Secret Agent
Banana Suit Guy
Mariachi Guitarist (black outfit)

boltz

I believe i will try mixing some of those blue tiles with dark bluish ones. Its way too bright blue.

But I will definitely get the set. It will actually be part of the MOC I am thinking of making on Jakku.

I forgot how bright of a blue the actual in-movie creature is. I think the blue Lego is using could actually work with a real dusting of dirt :p

And what a brave photographer - putting it on the line so we can enjoy the best photo yet of the new SW sets :)

valkyre

I forgot how bright of a blue the actual in-movie creature is. I think the blue Lego is using could actually work with a real dusting of dirt :p

And what a brave photographer - putting it on the line so we can enjoy the best photo yet of the new SW sets :)

Tbh that doesnt sound like a bad idea... :D

Wow, i didn't notice that the luggabeast was blue in the movie and I saw it twice. I guess I just thought of it as gray because it was walker armor.

ghostmind

Interesting that the Star Wars Advent calendar has
a Bespin Guard. UCS Cloud City set coming in 2017? The rumour starts here! ;)

Rex's tank looks awesome. There's so many little intricate details on that thing and I believe Lego can capture all of it. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the standout star wars set for this wave, if not just for its playability.

The luggabeast seems interesting but I'm not a fan of the bright blue.

willp2003

Will pick up that advent calendar when it comes along. Not sure the new advanced TIE is much of an upgrade over the older one, but will wait for better pics to see if I buy that set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom