• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Creator box images:

o9DQvtz.jpg

4NM9N8N.jpg

ALb0GkU.jpg

If that house turns out to be decent, I'll be buying two of this set.

Gil7NO3.jpg

i want all the creator sets and the park. Oddly a couple of the airport sets and the gas station kind of speak to me too, but I doubt i'll take my collection in that direction, too much stuff i want.

i'm not sure what i was hoping for out of the volcano sets but i don't think i got it. Time to take to my sketchpad and lego software and see if i can express my brick-dreams.

i'd love to stockpile magma balls/glowing rocks but I don't want to accumulate hundreds of bricks of green vehicle... wonder if i'm gonna be bricklinking for the rocks, opening up shop to bricklink away the vehicles, or finding something to do with the pieces.

I'm biased but I do like some of the designs for the vehicles in the Volcano line and will be buying them all.
They are cool sets I just wish that the Volcano was bigger haha. Easily fixed with bricklink but I feel like that'll be an expensive set and seems like it could be bigger.

I'm biased but I do like some of the designs for the vehicles in the Volcano line and will be buying them all.

biased how? you a volcanologist or something?

I feel like i want maybe two vehicles total to go with it. My appetite for glowing lava-rocks just dwarfs the quantity that i can get in only one or two sets.

biased how? you a volcanologist or something?

I feel like i want maybe two vehicles total to go with it. My appetite for glowing lava-rocks just dwarfs the quantity that i can get in only one or two sets.

I mentioned it on a last page but when I was younger, I studied volcanoes and geology as a whole a TON on my own because I wanted to become one (That or a meteorologist). Of course I got to college and got demolished by science courses but that's another story. Either way, these sets are just up my alley!

I mentioned it on a last page but when I was younger, I studied volcanoes and geology as a whole a TON on my own because I wanted to become one (That or a meteorologist). Of course I got to college and got demolished by science courses but that's another story. Either way, these sets are just up my alley!

Makes sense. My childhood obsession was space so I've been kind of spoiled in that regard.

Rootbeer

Banned
Dengar confirmed? In the minifigure lineup shown in one of those vids you can see him in the back row

Also teedo has a custom head and it looks really good

Fowler

Series 16 is September/October - and the rumored list for that one:

Snow Queen
Devil/Imp (Costume?)
Spooky Boy
Babysitter
Secret Agent
Banana Suit Guy
Mariachi Guitarist (black outfit)

Between the Banana Suit guy and the truck driver in the Gorilla Grodd set I REALLY need to MOC a Bluth Banana Stand...

latest

willp2003

I'm not convinced it's Dengar. It's very similar, but maybe they're making it a bit different from the SSD to keep that variant exclusive.

Just forced myself to walk away from the GBHQ at my local LEGO store.

Need to stay strong. If I'm not feeling the urge to build the backlog, then I have to stop purchasing.

I did cash in my coupon for the little parrot thing though.

3N16MA

Banned
On the Silver Centurion front, what's my best bet for getting one? Was it pre-order only or are some retailers giving it away with the game? I think we're both in Canada - I'll Bricklilnk at a last resort if necessary.

It was pre-order only at EB. You can try calling around and see if a location nearby has extras and is willing to give you one with the purchase of the game.

Prices are pretty high on Bricklink due to the limited supply right now and the CAD/USD exchange rate. Maybe it will improve if more sellers start offering them for sale. I have no clue how many were produced.

EDIT: I should point out that I only remembered it was available because Zulithe gave a reminder in this thread (thanks). I rarely ever pre-order games at full price but my plan was to pre-order the 3DS version (lowest price) and then trade it in fairly quickly so that the minifg didn't cost too much. I ended up selling the game and the minifig cost me very little.

waaaht! new lava rock pieces? they are sideways now? oddly, this is super sweet and I don't know why.

Also glad to see a new city proper large minifig get set like Lego use to do where you could buy a large box of weird mixes of figures and things.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
4200 pieces? Just forget it. It's not happening. Lego should set a cold hard limit and just start deleting those vanity/greed projects.

Oh yeah, for sure. It'll never happen. It's still a super cool MOC though.
But yeah, I agree.

wetwired

Oh yeah they have the right idea I just think it's a shade too bright. Maybe there will be some weathered stickers or something. Buying it anyway though lol

looks like normal blue, sand blue would have been perfect, mixed with some greys and browns for rust

Maengun1

Yay at Double VIP points being back on March 7!

I bought the Pet Shop and Palace Cinema last double points period, I'll probably be adding the Parisian Restaurant and Detective's Office on March 7 :)

Bii

Yay at Double VIP points being back on March 7!

I bought the Pet Shop and Palace Cinema last double points period, I'll probably be adding the Parisian Restaurant and Detective's Office on March 7 :)

Looks like I'll wait and get the Firehouse HQ at that time.

Firehouse HQ and bank for me. Still on the fence about Batcave.

If I can hold out I'm thinking the same thing. Will likely try to save the UCS Tie for the May SW event.

Unrelated:

Finished up the Spiderman/Sandman/Rhino set last night and I'm actually pretty impressed with the play features. My kids have been having a blast with the finished product; I'm glad I got it.

If I can hold out I'm thinking the same thing. Will likely try to save the UCS Tie for the May SW event.

Unrelated:

Finished up the Spiderman/Sandman/Rhino set last night and I'm actually pretty impressed with the play features. My kids have been having a blast with the finished product; I'm glad I got it.

I am still on the fence about UCS Sandcrawler. The set isn't speaking to me like many other UCS sets, but at the same time, I have gotten all Star Wars UCS sets since Imperial Shuttle and I might feel weird missing one or two along the line.

And with Firehouse HQ, I am on the fence as well. Part of me thinks it will be a cool build, but will quickly get demolished for parts. Same reason I never bought Kwik-E-Mart

ghostmind

At the Nuremberg show, the release dates for upcoming Star Wars sets was announced:

2H Classic, Force Awakens, Rebels - July
LEGO Star Wars: The Free Maker Adventures (the new LEGO SW TV show) - August
Rogue One - October

Keep in mind these are the announced dates for Germany, and may be different for other regions.

Finally got some time to put together my first set in over a decade tonight!

5SGPNsU.jpg

l9ypn1A.jpg

Had a blast and I'm already plotting where to go next. I'll probably pick up Rey's Speeder to hold me over until I can justify
(i.e. convince my wife on)
spending the money on the Ecto-1 or the Millennium Falcon!

Finally got some time to put together my first set in over a decade tonight!

5SGPNsU.jpg

l9ypn1A.jpg

Had a blast and I'm already plotting where to go next. I'll probably pick up Rey's Speeder to hold me over until I can justify
(i.e. convince my wife on)
spending the money on the Ecto-1 or the Millennium Falcon!

3s9l5w.jpg

Kiss your money goodbye.

3s9l5w.jpg

Kiss your money goodbye.

I've enjoyed having disposable income while it lasted. From here on out...

legos-legos-everywhere.jpg

On a side note...I'm a little leery about displaying the X-Wing with the wings open for two reasons...

1) The wings go lower than the feet, which puts some pressure on the wings when the set is in that position.
2) The elastics that hold the wings closed don't seem super strong and I don't want to stretch them out to the point where they don't bounce back.

Anyone have any experience with this they wouldn't mind sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom