• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't like Panther's ears.

Edit.

On a side note, my son lost the legs off of his Rocket Raccoon that he got in the polybag with bag Groot. (I think I bought it off someone here). Does anyone know if you can get the same legs regularly? I think they have printed shoes unfortunately.

willp2003

I'll add to the Hoth disappointment. They've got the price horribly wrong. I much prefer vehicle type UCS sets, so this was never really gonna be on my shopping list (don't have ewok village), but if they lowered the price then I'm sure it would be more appealing.

neonglow

Would you guys be happier if the Hoth set were a large micro-scale set like the Avengers Helicarrirer? The Hoth Base could be a real structure that opened up to reveal the interior. Outside it would be a battlefield with several small AT-ATs and Snowspeeders battling it out.

wetwired

Civil War:

wSS123J.jpg

Out of the interest of my Ikea frame full of avengers, which of all these new ones is technically in the avengers? There's a new Captain Marvel too isn't there? Currently my lineup is

Hulk, Iron Man, Spiderman, Vision, Captain America, Black Widow, Quicksilver, Scarlett Witch, Nick Fury and Hawkeye

Out of the interest of my Ikea frame full of avengers, which of all these new ones is technically in the avengers? There's a new Captain Marvel too isn't there? Currently my lineup is

Hulk, Iron Man, Spiderman, Vision, Captain America, Black Widow, Quicksilver, Scarlett Witch, Nick Fury and Hawkeye

Cap and Panther were/are members... not sure about Winter Soldier though. Or are you referring to ALL the new announced Marvel sets releasing?

BP looks better in detail. Still a bit messy but I guess it follows the movie design. Either way, that's three great figures in a set, it's just too bad that I already have versions of two of them.

As for Hoth, lol. I guess taking part in building a huge 1x1 m display model of the battle makes this even more underwhelming, but from the box art it looks like something that would be a $100-150 set at around 1300 pieces. Maybe an exclusive or a larger retail set like Medieval Market Village or City Square. But a $200+ "UCS" set? No way.

Koren

Cap and Panther were/are members... not sure about Winter Soldier though. Or are you referring to ALL the new announced Marvel sets releasing?
Depends about who you're refering to as "Winter soldier"...

Later, Bucky joined the (New) Avengers, but as Captain America, not as Winter Soldier...

Pretty much all of them, anyone who has been a member for a reasonable amount of time.
Again, depends a lot of what you're calling "Avengers"...

If I'm not mistaken (it's such a mess!), nearly all of them are to some extend. Among characters in the 2016 wave I'm aware:
- Ant Man / Giant Man is (technically both Hank Pym as a founder of the Avengers, and later Scott Lang)
- Black Panther has been an (quite early) Avenger
- Falcon was also quite early an avenger (before becoming another Captain America later)
- Agent 13 will become one later (when Bucky will assume the lead)
- Spider-man and Spider-woman have been recruited
- Captain Marvel hasn't been truly one, but became an honorary member after his death
I don't remember The Wasp being in a set, but I guess she'll be, and she's in too...

so I guess the Poe's X-Wing shortages are continuing?

Every time it goes in stock on amazon it shoots way up the charts and sells out.

I also haven't seen one at any local TRU or Targets in a while.

I think that will be the first one to be discontinued from the new line, since more x wings are coming, buy it now before it goes for $300 ;)

Hoth set is meh , the problem with those that i have is i need a base half the time since it would look better tbh , it'll probably be $150-$200 too 0_o
edit: ah $250 , lol get outta here , will buy if it has a huge price drop

ghostmind

Assault on Hoth:

LIU4PzN.jpg

75098 Assault on Hoth™
Ages 12+. 2,144 pieces.
US $249.99 – CA $299.99 – DE 249.99€ – UK £219.99 – DK 2199.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Play out action-packed Hoth battles like never before!

This fantastic LEGO® recreation of the Rebel force’s Echo Base from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back has all the details you need to create your own epic ice-planet battles. Set out on scouting missions with the Snowspeeder armed with twin spring-loaded shooters, and when you spot the enemy speeder bike, get back to base and help Luke, Han and the other Rebel heroes lock down the blast doors, ready the laser cannons, man the gun turrets with dual spring-loaded shooters and power up the devastating ion cannon, also with 2 spring-loaded shooters! This amazing model has so many more features, including a service area with crane, control room area, power generator with explode function, rotating communication dish, scout post with dual stud shooters and a Tauntaun with its own stable. There’s even a Wampa cave (with Wampa) for Luke to escape from! This amazingly detailed set’s modular design also means that you can create your very own Rebel base configuration. Prepare for ultimate LEGO Star Wars action!

• Includes 14 minifigures with assorted weapons: Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Toryn Farr, Rebel Officer, Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles, K-3PO, 5 Rebel troopers and 2 Snowtroopers, plus an R3-A2, Tauntaun and a Wampa.
• Features Rebel base with modular wall and trench sections, a Snowspeeder and a speeder bike.
• Wall section features slidable blast doors, service area with crane, control room area, power generator with explode function, ion cannon with dual spring-loaded shooters, laser turret with spring-loaded shooters and space for a minifigure, scout post with dual stud shooters and space for a minifigure, Tauntaun stable and a Wampa cave.
• Trench section features heavy blasters, laser turret with double spring-loaded shooters and space for a minifigure, and a laser cannon with rapid stud shooter.
• Snowspeeder features an opening cockpit, extending speed flaps and 2 spring-loaded shooters.
• Weapons include Luke’s Lightsaber, 7 blaster pistols, 2 blaster rifles and 2 blasters.
• Accessories include 7 Hoth Rebel helmets, 2 Snowtrooper helmets, and Wes and Wedge’s flight helmets.
• Man the weapons and prepare to fire!
• Jump in the Snowspeeder and track the enemy.
• Keep a lookout for Imperial forces from the scout post.
• Close the blast doors and prepare for battle!
• Tend to the Tauntaun.
• Hoist up the Snowspeeder ready for servicing.
• Bring down orbiting starships with the devastating ion cannon!
• Can Luke escape the ferocious Wampa?
• Snowspeeder measures over 1” (5cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 6” (17cm) wide.
• Speeder bike measures over 1” (3cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
• Power generator measures over 3” (8cm) high, 6” (16cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep.
• Wall section including ion cannon measures over 5” (15cm) high, 20” (51cm) wide and 11” (30cm) deep.
• Trench section measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (35cm) wide and 4” (11cm) deep.

Super excited to see what the DC Girls line will bring, and the Disney CMF.

More pics of the Hoth set cement my resolve that it's a bad set. If I could find it on a significant discount I still would probably get it for the figures.

IHaveIce

Banned
The HOth set still feels like a toys R'us combined pack, super disappointing.

So the new show has new jedi and sith??.. in the time between Episode V and VI ?

TheFuzz

That Bat-Tank actually looks pretty badass IMO. I was getting it regardless but it's actually a good looking design.

Koren

Completely unrelated, I had promised I would share what I was working on... I'm still missing a couple of plates (mostly on the edges, but also one in the middle, thus the lower red tile) and it cost me an arm (70$ and counting, more than 20$ just for the dark pink tiles) but I'm still happy with the result:

GeHkCKt.png

Completely unrelated, I had promised I would share what I was working on... I'm still missing a couple of plates (mostly on the edges, but also one in the middle, thus the lower red tile) and it cost me an arm (70$ and counting, more than 20$ just for the dark pink tiles) but I'm still happy with the result:

I approve, you did a great job with this.

Tom_Cody

GeHkCKt.png
Very cool.

ghostmind

Taking a break for now.

Some observations:

-Very few surprises so far (I guess the Nuremberg show revealed most everything)

-Disney CMF is May and the box on display has 16 minifigs, rather than the different box at Nuremberg that had 18 minifigs.

-No 4th Civil War set on display - but it is rumored to be a retailer-exclusive.

-Ideas Maze is supposed to be revealed at the show sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom