• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recycled joke is kind of worrying but hopefully that kind of thing doesn't leak into the actual film. Will be there day-one regardless though, tbh, you just try and stop me.

LEGO Batman Movie teaser:

Not as much content as I had expected, but considering it is just a teaser, I'm feeling good about it.

Best Batman returns. Now to impatiently wait for some footage of Michael Cera's Robin.

Hmm...

Detective's Office vs. Ferrari

They are both sitting unopened in my secret closet of shame so I can't recommend one over the other!

I have heard that the Ferrari isn't as good as the Camper van or the Mini.....and folks seem to love the Detective's Office.....

Two very, very different builds. Of the two, Detective's Office is superior, but both are fantastic.
And yes, the Ferrari is not as good as the VW Camper or the Mini Cooper. But those are two very tough acts to follow.

Now that's what I'm talking about, get to work and the trailer is up. I wonder why they delayed it?

Looks great so far except that I vastly prefer the Batwing from the Lego Movie to the one in the trailer. I know someone here tried to MOC it and said the wings were too flimsy, so of course they probably changed it so they could actually make a set of it, but... it looks so weird and bulky and.. not sleek?

Can't wait to see what sets they make for this since they'll be based on this version of Batman, hopefully they'll be fun and humorous instead of the standard and kinda boring Lego DC Heroes sets. Really want smoking jacket Batman. And did a Batman Beyond fig ever actually get made? Ugh they could have so many variants for the inevitable video game preorder bonus and BluRay release @__@

Now that's what I'm talking about, get to work and the trailer is up. I wonder why they delayed it?

Looks great so far except that I vastly prefer the Batwing from the Lego Movie to the one in the trailer. I know someone here tried to MOC it and said the wings were too flimsy, so of course they probably changed it so they could actually make a set of it, but... it looks so weird and bulky and.. not sleek?

Can't wait to see what sets they make for this since they'll be based on this version of Batman, hopefully they'll be fun and humorous instead of the standard and kinda boring Lego DC Heroes sets. Really want smoking jacket Batman. And did a Batman Beyond fig ever actually get made? Ugh they could have so many variants for the inevitable video game preorder bonus and BluRay release @__@
They should make a set of the hall of costumes.

I got my Black Panther and Ant-Man sets. Both were pretty nice builds, but the jet and the jeep will inevitably become spare parts. Anthony... it depends on whether I can make him be tangled up with the Shelob that's permanently hanging from my livingroom ceiling.

It's nice to have an Ant-Man and Black Panther though, and it's nice with a non-hooded Cap and a Winter Soldier I don't need to open that polybag for. And Anthony is surprisingly big, although the wings seem very flimsy and prone to being bent out of shape.

R-User!

*in Will Arnett's Batman voice dressed in LEGO retailer sales apron suit*

"Get your Bat Credit Card out of your Bat Wallet ready LEGO Bat Fans! You're gonna need it!

*beat boxes off screen*

ghostmind

Got my first Chinese knock-offs today:

WUrVZS5.jpg

Yeah, the plastic feels much cheaper than an official LEGO product, but I'm satisfied.

Got my first Chinese knock-offs today:

WUrVZS5.jpg

Yeah, the plastic feels much cheaper than an official LEGO product, but I'm satisfied.

This Groot figure is so much better then the official Lego one. Only a brickbuilt Groot, what where they thinking! It is the best Groot figure on the market, even better then the Disney Infinity figure.

Nitemare1

This Groot figure is so much better then the official Lego one. Only a brickbuilt Groot, what where they thinking! It is the best Groot figure on the market, even better then the Disney Infinity figure.

Oh come on .I think the infinity Groot is beautiful!

wetwired

as far as I can tell none of my work is shown in the trailer, I want that Bat Murcielago though. How about a collectible minifig series of just batmen?

as far as I can tell none of my work is shown in the trailer, I want that Bat Murcielago though. How about a collectible minifig series of just batmen?

Did you work on modeling, animation or a combination?

Will you be able to highlight your stuff once the movie is released? Either way, congrats to you and your team for some solid buzz!

wetwired

Did you work on modeling, animation or a combination?

Will you be able to highlight your stuff once the movie is released? Either way, congrats to you and your team for some solid buzz!

my role was "concept design" so may stuff may change or even not even show up in the final film

Fyi, those are older knock offs. The newer ones are much better.

What? Newer ones of the same characters/moulds or newer ones of different characters?
Those are Decool ones if I am not mistaken. It seems Decool has slowed down a bit in their output of new minifigs.

A LEGO Batman Movie CMF series is definitely a possibility for 2017.

Would be nice, but I'm not sure LEGO would put blow their #1 DC super hero minifig in a CMF series with several variations. LEGO could sprinkle Batman variations throughout sets over the years asa they currently are doing. I could see them maybe doing a few sets and/or a polybag promo.

What? Newer ones of the same characters/moulds or newer ones of different characters?
Those are Decool ones if I am not mistaken. It seems Decool has slowed down a bit in their output of new minifigs.

Different figs. And yes, all the Chinese knock off manufacturers seem to have slowed waaaaay down.

Wanderer5

Cool, the lego movie style is back with Lego Batman. Looking forward to it, and possible sets that could come from it!:p

Till then, I just continue enjoying the small BvS set.

Ponn

Banned
If you have none of the Hoth sets (except a snowspeeder and AT-AT) and love the Hoth setting is the UCS Hoth set actually a bad buy for you?

Oh come on .I think the infinity Groot is beautiful!

Looks sooo sad.

A LEGO Batman Movie CMF series is definitely a possibility for 2017.
That would be awesome!

If you have none of the Hoth sets (except a snowspeeder and AT-AT) and love the Hoth setting is the UCS Hoth set actually a bad buy for you?

If you want a bunch of vignettes maybe not. Don't think it will be a great display piece, it is more a playset.

Wellll...wait, weren't you gonna slow down considerably on Lego Purchases that are not absolutely ESSENTIAL if i remember correctly? :pPP

Ponn

Banned
If you want a bunch of vignettes maybe not. Don't think it will be a great display piece, it is more a playset.

Wellll...wait, weren't you gonna slow down considerably on Lego Purchases that are not absolutely ESSENTIAL if i remember correctly? :pPP

You are right. I actually finally decided to throw some sets up for sale and what i'm basically doing is thinking of a final display piece for my shelves to stay at. I was going to make my last Star Wars purchase be the UCS TIE I needed but for some reason i'm still hung up on having a Hoth scene. Yeah it is more of a playset though and would need alot of work to make it into a display piece. This is really painful stopping, it really does feel like breaking an addiction. It's so incredibly hard not buying meh sets like that and GB HQ.

SALE at LEGO Stores

Best deal if you need another brick separator. I think I only have 30+.
Brick Separator 20% off $2.49 = $1.98

Seriously though, YMMV, but there are some LEGO store exclusives that are discounted if you can find them anywhere. Interesting they are discounting those again (even if it's after availability is practically nil).

Midway Arcade™ Level Pack for $20 is a good deal. It just came out too. Lots of LEGO Dimensions stuff on sale.

List of items on sale can be found here.

SALE at LEGO Stores

Best deal if you need another brick separator. I think I only have 30+.
Brick Separator 20% off $2.49 = $1.98

Seriously though, YMMV, but there are some LEGO store exclusives that are discounted if you can find them anywhere. Interesting they are discounting those again (even if it's after availability is practically nil).

Midway Arcade™ Level Pack for $20 is a good deal. It just came out too. Lots of LEGO Dimensions stuff on sale.

Those last five things on the list. Damn.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member

I just have the snowspeeder, AT-AT, and that new Hoth set with the Imp probe droid.

I'm getting the UCS Hoth set, because I don't have a lot of the other pieces in my collections so for me it's actually a good buy.

Also Hoth is my favorite SW locale, I'm sure you could have guessed that. :)

This is really painful stopping, it really does feel like breaking an addiction. It's so incredibly hard not buying meh sets like that and GB HQ.

I know how you feel. Trying yo limit to must haves and big sets, but when I see deep discounts for sets I like (but do not need) it is still very hard to pass up. For me it helps to look really closely at the models in video / pictures and see if there are things I really hate about it. For instance the Shuttle Tyridium's wings when they are folded up are very bad looking. Price per piece ratios can also really turn me off (but not always enough, for instance Jabba's Palace). With models going out of print and money readily available it is sometimes hard to say no, but it is needed to not get too big of a backlog and to not get too big of a footprint in the house.

SALE at LEGO Stores

There quite a few on that list which are not even available anywhere for retail price...

ghostmind

As someone who has all the previous Hoth sets, I think it is a great buy if you don't currently have any of those. Especially if you are looking to set up a Hoth vignette.

I doubt my Lego store is going to have those last 5 items, but I'm slightly tempted to go.

Ponn, I considered the Echo Base to be a decent buy for me when most were shitting on it, cuz at the time I had no Hoth and I love Hoth. The base itself sucked but i just MOCd a bunker out of it.

vipermk2

Neo Member
Hi all

Just thought I post my current Lego collection and some other random Lego stuff:

Heres my upper shelf:
j5QUbIol.jpg

A more dynamic shot of the x-wing and delorean:
QmTyOHJl.jpg

Ecto 1:
OgP08inl.jpg

Minifigs including Larry from the Lego Movie:
7YkH8mEl.jpg

And the beast itself, Darth Vaders ship the Super Star Destroyer, and yes it occupies an entire desk:

I brought the Tumbler towards the end of last year just before Lego stopped making them:
y539Sjpl.jpg

This is at my local Lego store. Funny story, I took a picture of the Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ at the front of the store. Went inside and got the normal awesome greetings from the lovely staff members at the front. Then I was browsing around the store and I stopped near they stocked up Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ sets. And guess what music they decide to play? The Ghostbusters theme song. I was laughing inside in my brain. And you know what? It worked, I brought Ecto 1 in the end. My wallet hates me forever:
EERg7Zvl.jpg

When I went to pick up the Lego technic mk2 crane, Harrods was the only place to buy it towards the end of last year because they stopped making that set. So I saw this inside. Its basically a Lego version of Harrods London. Looks really cool:

I got Poes X-wing for a good deal but its gonna posted late according to Amazon. It was £50 for a brief moment before it went back to retail price. In total, I got three builds to make. I really should start on the MK2 crane...

ghostmind

Rogue One:

Sets:
75152 (385 pcs; $29.99)
75153 (449 pcs; $39.99)
75154 (543 pcs; $69.99)
75155 (659 pcs; $79.99)
75156 (863 pcs; $89.99)

Buildable figures:
75119 (104 pcs; $24.99)
75120 (169 pcs; $24.99)
75121 (106 pcs; $24.99)

Rogue One:

Sets:
75152 (385 pcs; $29.99)
75153 (449 pcs; $39.99)
75154 (543 pcs; $69.99)
75155 (659 pcs; $79.99)
75156 (863 pcs; $89.99)

Buildable figures:
75119 (104 pcs; $24.99)
75120 (169 pcs; $24.99)
75121 (106 pcs; $24.99)

Eh so no major set after all for that one...

Also: Wow at that promo and of course, who would have guessed it? It's in the US and Canada only! >:mad:(

PS: After starting to watch the original Teen Titans cartoon yesterday (SUPER LTTP on this one i know!) i feel the sudden urge to get JokerLand for Beast Boy and Starfire alone, although i am somewhat meh on the set itself. Wasn't there someone here who kinda praised it? Coulda sworn it was you, Ponn?

Ponn

Banned
Eh so no major set after all for that one...

Also: Wow at that promo and of course, who would have guessed it? It's in the US and Canada only! >:mad:(

PS: After starting to watch the original Teen Titans cartoon yesterday (SUPER LTTP on this one i know!) i feel the sudden urge to get JokerLand for Beast Boy and Starfire alone, although i am somewhat meh on the set itself. Wasn't there someone here who kinda praised it? Coulda sworn it was you, Ponn?

Probably me, Everything is Batman!

I really liked that set, the highlights were definitely the figs with alot of unique figs and essential to completing a Teen Titans lineup (alas poor Raven not to be seen). The batmobile was also really great. I'm not going to push that set as much because of its price and it does have some issues. Its a very disjointed set and even though it screams playset it is so incredibly fragile to handle. It does fit in nicely if you are collecting the now yearly Creator carnival sets. So yea, if a couple of those highlights appeal to you I would get it. Anyone that has kids it would also be a blast to build together and play with it as you build.

Rogue One:

Sets:
75152 (385 pcs; $29.99)
75153 (449 pcs; $39.99)
75154 (543 pcs; $69.99)
75155 (659 pcs; $79.99)
75156 (863 pcs; $89.99)

Buildable figures:
75119 (104 pcs; $24.99)
75120 (169 pcs; $24.99)
75121 (106 pcs; $24.99)

No small set this time, surprising (like the Rey set). Those price per piece ratios are all over the place by the way, the best value is in the 2 cheaper sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom