• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick MOC that I made today, based on the Speed Champions Ford Mustang. Some people should immediately recognize what it's based on...

lego_electramotive_01.jpg

lego_electramotive_02.jpg

Looking really good. I love how they made fun of all the movies and the old 60's TV show.
Seems like they aren't doing the same as The LEGO Movie where 100% of movie is done entirely out of LEGO elements. The water looked strangely liquid. Seems like 98%.

I'd like to see LEGO Batman movie do better than Batman v Superman so they lighten up the mood a tad bit in the live action movies.

Moved into a house in December and finally putting my office together. I need a bookcase or something to put my lego and some other things on. Anyone have any suggestions? I should specify I want nothing that is glass shelves or anything.

Thanks!

Moved into a house in December and finally putting my office together. I need a bookcase or something to put my lego and some other things on. Anyone have any suggestions? I should specify I want nothing that is glass shelves or anything.
My go-to bookcases are IKEA Billy. Depending on your sets it may not be deep enough, but my Helicarrier rests fine on top of a shorter one, and Benny's Spaceship only sticks out a little bit.

ghostmind

Modulars fit on top of Billy (they're about 25 cm deep and Billy is 30 cm). It doesn't leave much space in front though. Try the Kallax shelves, they are deeper.

Yes, Kallax (and before that Expedit) make for great LEGO shelves. Some people don't like them however, due to the thickness of the shelves.

Sorry for the crap late night pic, but damn. Just huge and magnificent once completed.
I will post more complete thoughts tomorrow, but that was epic.

I'm glad you (seem to have) enjoyed it. I know I was raving about it for weeks but I'd feel legit bad if someone bought it and hated it!
The only thing I felt was an intense fear of screwing up some gear work or tubing. The threading the tubing was harder with the tight spaces.
But I also learned other uses for certain bricks when they were used for the tubing connections.

Ryuuroden

I'm glad you (seem to have) enjoyed it. I know I was raving about it for weeks but I'd feel legit bad if someone bought it and hated it!

Not the set you have been pushing (which is awesome) but I have been finding the crawler Crane absolutely stunning. It is sort of weak at lifting very heavy objects but the amount I have learned about building Lego gear boxes is huge. It has been the best teaching technic set I have ever built and I feel it is a very builder friendly set yet at the same time teaches so many different types of gearing and how that stuff works. I see everything I learned from it being insanely useful in anything mechanical I add to my mocs.

If you are hesitant on getting arocs but want to try a technic set at a cheaper price that really is educational and sizable I definitely recommend the Crawler Crane. The only downside to it really is it's uncommon color as it can limit the uses of the parts. At the same time though that can be considered an upside and a blue crane does look cool.

TheFuzz

A pretty cool, if unsurprising experience with Lego Customer Service. I emailed them about getting a replacement sticker sheet for the GB Firehouse set since a couple were applied crooked. It was a $350 set so I figured the cost $2 or so for the sheet wasn't a big deal. I called to complete the order and they said that it was ridiculous to charge shipping and $2 for a sticker sheet for a set that expensive, the agent said stickers are always a pain.

At any rate, they shipped the extra sheet free of charge. They also asked if I needed any other replacement pieces included, which I didn't. Normal awesome experience with them.

I want all of those apart from the incredibles ones

Ursula, Buzz, Alice and Stitch the standouts for us

You have to think further series will follow given some of the choices and omissions

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
Those Disney figs are great! I want them all. Does Lego have any plans for sets based on Disneyland? rides or the castle would sell like crazy.

Osahi

Usually I get only one or two of a series. But as a Disney.and Pixar fan I will be tempted to grab most of them, if not all. Only one I really don't like is Genie. Such a shame that the price of getting them all (even without doubles) is about the price of an average set... When I do the math it just stings in the wallet.

ruxtpin

Banned
I'm a bitter old man. The Disney figs do nothing for me! I donno what it is, but I feel like the unique head molds make it feel less Lego; I'm one to talk though, after snagging all the Simpson's line. I'm weird.

It just all feels a bit incoherent. I'm sure in three series' time when the line is fleshed out a bit I'll wish I got in on the ground floor, but at the moment it's like there's no rhyme or reason behind who's included and who isn't.

Not the set you have been pushing (which is awesome) but I have been finding the crawler Crane absolutely stunning. It is sort of weak at lifting very heavy objects but the amount I have learned about building Lego gear boxes is huge. It has been the best teaching technic set I have ever built and I feel it is a very builder friendly set yet at the same time teaches so many different types of gearing and how that stuff works. I see everything I learned from it being insanely useful in anything mechanical I add to my mocs.

If you are hesitant on getting arocs but want to try a technic set at a cheaper price that really is educational and sizable I definitely recommend the Crawler Crane. The only downside to it really is it's uncommon color as it can limit the uses of the parts. At the same time though that can be considered an upside and a blue crane does look cool.

I might have to get this. Surely THAT will stop me wanting the BWE, right? Right?

willp2003

FYI - The brick fan has got images of the individual Disney figs. Thankfully I can pass on these, but I can see why they'd be popular.

Ponn

Banned
These just make me want Kingdom Hearts Lego sets in a bad way. They already have the hair pieces for the SE characters.

Ponn

Banned
I know a few people in here buy the knock-off minifigs.

Anybody have an recommendations on getting minifigs for Punisher and Daredevil?

I had to laugh because I literally just pulled my two I ordered from the mailbox not 2 hours ago. First impressions were they looked pretty darn good. The printing was good, the clutch on mine were pretty good too. Daredevil looks great. I like the trenchcoat on the Punisher fig. They will fit in well into my superhero display. For like, I think it was less than $3 for both figs its not an investment just something to fill your display. I would normally say you will never see a Punisher fig from Lego but we have gotten Deadpool and Deadshot figs. On the other hand they don't seem interested in making sets based on the live action TV shows so they both seem longshots to get in the future. Boy I would love a Longshot fig.

So I will admit I laughed when the Angry Birds sets got announced but I gotta say this Piggy Pirate Ship set is really tempting to me.

Brick Show Piggy Ship review

Looks solid overall, though some of them do look off...

I mean, Genie head cap, really?

Also still pissed that this is the expression they picked for Donald. He looks really really stupid and/or stoned, which is NOT what the character is even remotely about. So unless they really did want to represent Donald Suit guy in Disneyland, they missed the mark here for me personally.

I know a few people in here buy the knock-off minifigs.

Anybody have an recommendations on getting minifigs for Punisher and Daredevil?

There's a great DD and a few not so great Punishers. I think my Punisher is a combination of 3 different knock offs.

I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks. Msg me your address and I'll send you a free DD when I get back. I think I have 6 of them.

Edit: if you live in the us, that is.

This is the DD I have. Based on the Netflix show.

jZMUPIk.jpg

Bald cap on Genie sucks but how else could they have done his ears?

Also I wonder why they decided to make this run 18 instead of 16? Everyone is in pairs except for Stitch and Malificent. Was there really that much desire from somewhere to include two more they they pushed it to 18? And for an unpaired set, too.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Those figs don't look like Donald etc. they look like those Donald/Mickey/... impersonators from Disneyland. And why change Buzz' head from the Toy Story sets to this? Makes little sense.

I'm still not into the blue and orange color of the good guy Nexo Knights but damn the King's Mech and horses are fun anyway.

The AB sets look ok, kinda standard colors and overall look.

TheFuzz

There's a great DD and a few not so great Punishers. I think my Punisher is a combination of 3 different knock offs.

I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks. Msg me your address and I'll send you a free DD when I get back. I think I have 6 of them.

Edit: if you live in the us, that is.

This is the DD I have. Based on the Netflix show.

jZMUPIk.jpg

Oh that one is nice! Mind if I ask where that one is from??
and if you're giving another one away, I'd gladly PayPal you the shipping cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom