• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

if anyone is going to see the movie anytime soon and is willing to sit through the credits and take a photo of my name (Brent Waller) it would be much appreciated. I have been told I'll be there but I just want to make sure, and it's another 2 months til it's out here

Idk if you'll find an opinion like mine, but here goes:

I am a HUGE Ghostbusters fan. Wetwireds Ecto-1 brought me out of the dark ages. I bought the Firehouse and have it in my Top 5 from last year. It was worth every penny.

I sold it recently.

While it's a fantastic build filled with tons of nostalgia and neat "ah-ha" moments, it's a huge, relatively boring piece to look at. It takes up a lot of room and the neat interior builds help break up the super-repetitive exterior but once built, it's kind of just "there."

If you have the space to display it opened, or want it for parts, go for it. If not, spend $350 elsewhere IMO.
So it will be retired soon?

Glad things are looking up - are you not at the LEGO store in CA any more?

Nah, I stopped working there almost exactly a year ago. I got promoted at Frederator and was working on a couple pitches too so I was working 7 days a week through the holidays and beginning of the year and just I burnt out ):
Then in June of last year a bunch of us got laid off, I wanted to go back to Lego and they wanted me to come back but they weren't hiring (not enough hours to go around I guess, they were fully staffed already) so they couldn't. So the last Lego sets I bought for myself was Ninjago Temple and 60s Batcave in Feb of last year on my last day until coming across the two CMF bags last night.
But now I'm back at Frederator and I pay my car off this month so I'm gonna just horde money like a dragon and after I make a couple home-related purchases I'll be able to start buying some stuff here and there. I'd still love to go back to Lego but I don't know if they'd let me do 1 day a week, and I help my brother's business out with customer service emails on the weekend sometimes so that would be 3 jobs... while I wanna have that filthy money pile I also want to be alive to use it @__@

Rootbeer

Banned
if anyone is going to see the movie anytime soon and is willing to sit through the credits and take a photo of my name (Brent Waller) it would be much appreciated. I have been told I'll be there but I just want to make sure, and it's another 2 months til it's out here

I plan on going opening day. I'll try unless someone beats me to it!

I was a Playmobil kid (Lego was not available here until I was an adult). Later in my life I found myself still liking Playmobil, and bought all 2006 Egyptian sets, making a nice diorama display. The problem with Playmobil is that they are much larger in size, so any city will take a least 3 times more space than Lego. I had to give up my Playmobil addiction due to lavk of space and cannot fall into that Rabbit Hole again.

Never had Playmobil but I was enjoyed looking through the catalogs as a kid. Though seeing the prices, I always chalked it up to another expensive European toy and I already had Lego darnit.

Still, I did try at one time to duplicate some Playmobil sets I liked into Lego...wish I had finished one of those.

Never had Playmobil but I was enjoyed looking through the catalogs as a kid. Though seeing the prices, I always chalked it up to another expensive European toy and I already had Lego darnit.

Still, I did try at one time to duplicate some Playmobil sets I liked into Lego...wish I had finished one of those.

It would be nice to try to replicate the Egypt sets in Lego. It would be a serious MOCing to build the Sphinx and Pyramid, though.

When I was a kid in early 80s the hottest toys here Playmobil here, and I and my brothers had some nice sets. My favorite were the Western ones. Aside from Fort Apache, we had some nice old western town sets, like the bank and the old store. My brother had some nice space sets too (like the round space ship and the shuttle). I also had a thing for the circus sets with lions and tigers. That is why I cannot even think to look on current City Life zoo ones.

From Brickset's review of the Belle BrickHeadz figure.

32305593640_c9a8546675_b.jpg

If all of them go together this way, these will be a great way to stock up on a lot of those SNOT bricks that debuted with Brick Bank last year.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Lego Batman Movie was great! Def prefer The Lego Movie but this was still awesome. Lots of fan service for both Lego and Batman but honestly cant wait to see what or if the third wave of sets would be.

Definitely a few omissions/things missing.

From Brickset's review of the Belle BrickHeadz figure.

32305593640_c9a8546675_b.jpg

If all of them go together this way, these will be a great way to stock up on a lot of those SNOT bricks that debuted with Brick Bank last year.

That image can be disturbing for some little kids.

wXxDb3P.jpg

Ehhhhhh... and they are all in high school now?

Oh my. Looks like they upped the stereotype dial quite a bit on the character designs. Looking forward to the new minifig elements at least. Image isn't helping improve my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom