• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

I'm thinking of playing a dangerous game - ordering via S@H at midnight ET, and then heading to my local LEGO store early in the morning to try and get one in person. If I'm successful, then I can cancel the order from S@H, provided they haven't shipped it by then.

I have to think about this some more...

From someone who's had really weird issues with S@H, please don't do that, haha.

Not weird in a bad way, but once I ordered 2 sets (I forget which one already, but was around $200) accidentally because the site was lagging, and by the time I saw the order was placed email and called LEGO, they said it was already too late to cancel the second one.

Luckily they let me return one (and gave me a shipping label) but the lady was giving me a hard time (politely) about them not really liking to do that.

From someone who's had really weird issues with S@H, please don't do that, haha.

Not weird in a bad way, but once I ordered 2 sets (I forget which one already, but was around $200) accidentally because the site was lagging, and by the time I saw the order was placed email and called LEGO, they said it was already too late to cancel the second one.

Luckily they let me return one (and gave me a shipping label) but the lady was giving me a hard time (politely) about them not really liking to do that.

But I don't think he would have trouble selling a spare MF. Only his card must have funds for that.

Meh, the MF hasn't gotten destroyed in canon so I don't get the point. Fly it around and knock the OT radar dish off and that's good enough for me.

DonShula

I'm thinking of playing a dangerous game - ordering via S@H at midnight ET, and then heading to my local LEGO store early in the morning to try and get one in person. If I'm successful, then I can cancel the order from S@H, provided they haven't shipped it by then.

I have to think about this some more...

This is a good idea and you should do it.

Haines

Banned
How do i figure out if this walle is old bad one or new good one?

I hope I can by looking at front of box but also wonder if that's why it's 30 bucks under the going value.

You guys have me convinced to grab It. It's no wonder they haven't done a Pixar line.

I hope I can by looking at front of box but also wonder if that's why it's 30 bucks under the going value.

You guys have me convinced to grab It. It's no wonder they haven't done a Pixar line.

Just grab it either way. The neck fix is stupid simple to do on your own. I have a launch one and just modified the neck with a custom job first day.

If you get it and it doesn't have the sheet in it, let me know, and I'll send you pictures of my fixed directions.

Ryuuroden

Turns out I have to get mine online. I had to move one of my jobs to Thursday. On good news, I just sold one of my two unopened town halls on Let Go for 450 dollars.

ghostmind

Then when he ends up with two he should dump out both boxes on the floor and do a timelapse video of the build.

82tpg4P.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Yeah, even if I'm too late to cancel the order it shouldn't be difficult selling the second set.

Hmmm

Just to warn you in the past ive tried to call and cancel an order the very next day after ordering a couple times and was never able to. If the order switches to in warehouse they always say theres nothing they can do. I mean if you have the spare cash im sure you could flip one over the holidays.

Several years ago I had a dismembered hiker and disemboweled bodies on pikes on my halloween display. I toned it down a bit in 2015 with just zombies and an evil tree.

I figured I should up the twisted quotient this year, so I am adding a cult performing a ritual sacrifice of a virgin on a blood altar.

And they said LEGO was just for children...

Now to just finish the grounds for the altar and all the cult members to be bowing in worship.

willp2003

So apart from being able to shop in my underpants, do you get anything cool for ordering the mf from S@H?

Yes Parrot!

Just the black vip card as far as I know. I was kind of hoping we'd get all 3 of the posters as well, but we'll find out in 16 hours time!

leng jai

Turns out that after my hiatus I'm having a bit of trouble getting motivated to bold again. Opened up the OFS built the figs and then couldn't be bothered doing any more last night.

papluh

While on Amazon UK deals, there is lot of big Technic Sets on sale
Porsche for 38% less - for Prime ,but it pays back the monthly fee while still being good deal
around 30% is also - MB AROCS, Class, Volvo EW160, Bucket Wheel Excavator and Mindstorms EV3

Oh and the The Powerpuff Girls Team Pack is 50% off for preorders... ;)

papluh

From Brickset page on launch even in London

By rob0915 in United Kingdom, 13 Sep 2017 09:29
Its 0830 and people are already forming a que. Currently about 10 deep. Its going to be a long day for some of us!!

Apple trained fans ? Or ebay sellers trying to ensure they get those sold signed sets ?
:D

DBT85

From Brickset page on launch even in London

Apple trained fans ? Or ebay sellers trying to ensure they get those sold signed sets ?
:D

ayyy. Wont be long and the queue will be long enough to not bother as they won;t have enough.

Glad I saw this comment tho, for some reason I thought it went on sale of Friday. Need to be checking S@H tonight!

My Snowspeeder has gone from backorder to "In Warehouse" so it looks like I might be about a day short of getting my extra £25 of points forward the MF. Curses.

mrkgoo

So I've been at single set MOC-making again, this time with the Space Shuttle Explorer set. I think the set is ok, nothing amazing, except the really great parts you get! I was impressed enough that I've been wanting to try some single-set MOC with it.

Here's my first attempt:

Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

teeny

Most likely not, you would need several just to cover all sides. A half-width modular still uses 3/4 the amount of parts of a full one.

Hmm. I may have enough random other bricks to make up the difference. I've burnt myself out on modular MOC attempts before due to not having the necessary pieces. I may pick up two extra sets now, see how far I get and I reckon I'll be able to fill in the blanks.

Or maybe I'll save my money and get the Palace Cinema.

mrkgoo, that is fantastic. Sort of looks like Vikavolt from Pokemon.

NqWhsvd.png

Several years ago I had a dismembered hiker and disemboweled bodies on pikes on my halloween display. I toned it down a bit in 2015 with just zombies and an evil tree.

I figured I should up the twisted quotient this year, so I am adding a cult performing a ritual sacrifice of a virgin on a blood altar.

And they said LEGO was just for children...

Now to just finish the grounds for the altar and all the cult members to be bowing in worship.
*Patiently waiting for your Temple of Doom MOC now.

ChryZ

So I've been at single set MOC-making again, this time with the Space Shuttle Explorer set. I think the set is ok, nothing amazing, except the really great parts you get! I was impressed enough that I've been wanting to try some single-set MOC with it.
I can do that with my Space Shuttle Explorer set?! Good job, looks great.

But what if it's like too big and an exception.

I don't think that is a size/weight limit for free shipping. Like, I can order 3 Ninjago City sets for almost the same price and even bigger size and still get free shipping. It is bad business to restrict free shipping for your most expensive item.

He shared the parts list on bricklink, I have posted the link a few posts before:

https://studio.bricklink.com/v2/build/model.page?idModel=14892

If you need to buy everything, it will vost you around $300 by bricklink.

Thanks very much for the link! I've placed the orders (6 in total) for these parts ---- my first MOC order.

I'll use this as a trial run before diving in and trying to acquire all the parts for Mortesv's Nebulon -B Frigate or that killer MOC Imperial Star Destroyer.

Is the plaque/sticker able to be ordered or do you need to make that yourself?

DBT85

But what if it's like too big and an exception.

Naa. Death Star was 10kg and still gets free shipping. No way they'll make an excpetion for the headline set.

More for me is how much faster delivery will be. Standard free delivery comes via Yodel and they couldn't find their way out of a paper bag most of the time.

Top Bottom