• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

wetwired

Well, I know well your website, i'm already a triple-returning consumer...

I guess $40 for a pack of two chrome spacemen? (that's a bit harsh, but well... spacemen are my childhood. I just hope I'll like one of the color pairs)

Yeah it sucks, the previous electroplating company I used couldn't do any colours other than gold and silver so I had to find a new one, which was a lot more expensive :(

By the way, is it possible to ship those assembled? Not that it's that difficult, but I've gotten some tiny scratches in some previous minifigs, and I think it's because parts scrub against each other during shipping... It's definitively not a big issue (just OCD) but with chrome ones, I fear it could be more obvious...

Yeah I do that now anyway, since the mime joker, it's just easier for me to package them. Only ones I don't for now are for the X-agents which I packaged a long time ago.

DonShula

Any suggestions for efficient storage of sets? It’s time for me to disassemble and stow some things. My designated Lego display area is overrun, and frankly my daughter’s room is now a gallery of midsize Friends and princess sets. I’m thinking:

1) Get some long, flat storage bins (the kind that slide under the bed) for the boxes, flatten those, and keep them all together.

2) Get some smaller individual bins for each set and instruction booklet, and label the outside with set number.

Number 2 is where I’d like some recommendations on bins. I’m thinking transparent plastic, multiple sizes, the ability to store many in a larger container that goes into a closet.

I may need to go to the container store and browse, which is not high on my list of fun stuff, so suggestions are appreciated :)

Osahi

Managed to finish work earlier yesterday and today, so despite earlier plans to wait until after my Amsterdam-trip, slowly started Ninjago City allready. Only three bags in, but this is gearing up to be my favourite set of the year (and you all know the competition is crazy this year, with Assembly Square, Saturn V and Destiny's Bounty). The whole texturing of the water with clear blue bricks above colored ones is crazy effective. Yes, it's tedious to build (especially when you have to place 71 1x2 tiles in one step. My eyes hurt after that one :p), but the result is magnificent.

Hope to have level 1 finished before I leave for Amsterdam on saturday. Should manage this, as I don't have a lot of work to do tomorrow.

F34R

Hah, no, that's for you to make :)

Joker will definitely be back for sale this weekend, I'll post some new pics of the spacemen soon, that above pic is a bit rubbish now looking at these new ones I just took

They'll be in packs of 2 colours (green and purple together for example) via my website (waller customs)

I hope they stay out of stock, for the sake of my wallet lol.

ninge

Any suggestions for efficient storage of sets?

We collapse our boxes, have a small filing cabinet with all the instructions in and then just use zip-lock bags for the sets, numbers on the outside. You can easily do sub-sections as well for larger sets. They pack down way smaller than using solid boxes, which always end up with tons of empty space. We just have a couple of big plastic storage tubs we put the bags in :)

slowly started Ninjago City allready. Only three bags in, but this is gearing up to be my favourite set of the year

I love Ninjago City. So many cool building techniques, and while it can kinda look like a jumbled mess in pictures it looks amazing in real life. It added some much needed 'colour' to our modular city! There's one roof in particular that was uses an amazing technique ;)

Managed to finish work earlier yesterday and today, so despite earlier plans to wait until after my Amsterdam-trip, slowly started Ninjago City allready. Only three bags in, but this is gearing up to be my favourite set of the year (and you all know the competition is crazy this year, with Assembly Square, Saturn V and Destiny's Bounty). The whole texturing of the water with clear blue bricks above colored ones is crazy effective. Yes, it's tedious to build (especially when you have to place 71 1x2 tiles in one step. My eyes hurt after that one :p), but the result is magnificent.

Hope to have level 1 finished before I leave for Amsterdam on saturday. Should manage this, as I don't have a lot of work to do tomorrow.
While the water part is tedious, the results are awesome. It looks like it is flowing.

DonShula

We collapse our boxes, have a small filing cabinet with all the instructions in and then just use zip-lock bags for the sets, numbers on the outside. You can easily do sub-sections as well for larger sets. They pack down way smaller than using solid boxes, which always end up with tons of empty space. We just have a couple of big plastic storage tubs we put the bags in :)

Excellent point. Cheaper too. Thank you.

Osahi

While the water part is tedious, the results are awesome. It looks like it is flowing.

Exactly. I keep staring at it when building. It’s so simple, but so terribly efficient. I am 4 bags in now, and the first level is coming together nicely. Love all the details and posters (even if they are stickers), and the shaping and veticallity of it all with it’s crooked steps, rocky foundations, etc.

This line is killing it too. I’ll definitely grab some more when I encounter some discounted (green dragon is a given)

Taisaijin

The water is honestly the main reason I have interest in Ninjago City. Y’all aren’t making it any easier to ignore it.

I've asked this before and noone seems to know - will the city remain exclusive to Lego or can we (hope) to see it on retail shelves / zon after a period of time (i.e. GBFH.)

DonShula

I've asked this before and noone seems to know - will the city remain exclusive to Lego or can we (hope) to see it on retail shelves / zon after a period of time (i.e. GBFH.)

I think we had a group disagreement before. In theory it should hit retail later, but no one knows when. In the meantime, Lego is still actively claiming it as an exclusive. But eventually it should appear at retail .coms - I doubt anywhere outside of boutique shops is going to physically stock it considering the price.

Koren

I think we had a group disagreement before. In theory it should hit retail later, but no one knows when. In the meantime, Lego is still actively claiming it as an exclusive.
I still don't understand what is "exclusive", I don't remember *not* seeing a set in normal shops...

I doubt anywhere outside of boutique shops is going to physically stock it considering the price.
I've seen tiny toy stores here stocking Death Star / GBHQ, so YMMV (and of course Toys'R Us around here are stocking virtually of them)

DonShula

I still don't understand what is "exclusive", I don't remember *not* seeing a set in normal shops...

I've seen tiny toy stores here stocking Death Star / GBHQ, so YMMV (and of course Toys'R Us around here are stocking virtually of them)

Which country are you in? The only shop that has “exclusives” around me is the Lego Store. I have never seen a Death Star or GB HQ at regular chain retail, let alone in Toys R Us. I’ve seen a Slave I at TRU, but nothing else. Come to think of it, I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a Lego set above $199.99 USD on a retail store shelf (aside of course from the Lego Store).

mrkgoo

Saw some older creator sets on special clearance (maybe 40-50% off retail).

I picked up the lighthouse (the one that is modular, has a light brick and an orca whale) - was that a good choice?

There's also the camper van with all the moving parts inside, but the rest of that doesn't seem that interesting, though I hear it's a really popular one by the same designer as some of my favourite sets.

I picked up the lighthouse (the one that is modular, has a light brick and an orca whale) - was that a good choice?

There's also the camper van with all the moving parts inside, but the rest of that doesn't seem that interesting, though I hear it's a really popular one by the same designer as some of my favourite sets.
If the camper van is Vacation Getaways, snag it immediately. So, so good.

I picked up the large Classic set as a birthday present for my friend's kid. I am having to work extra hard to not open it and start building. I might have to get one for myself.

1EsmeLk.png

mrkgoo

If the camper van is Vacation Getaways, snag it immediately. So, so good.

It's what I hear from you guys.... and Iike vehicles too, but it mostly seemed like a bunch of cool gimmicks... I can;t really afford to pick it up after i got the lighthouse (which was cheaper, and I had to make a snap decision).

I guess I CAN still get it if I really had to, but I want to save up for a switch...argh, decisions, decisions.

Jimrpg

It's what I hear from you guys.... and Iike vehicles too, but it mostly seemed like a bunch of cool gimmicks... I can;t really afford to pick it up after i got the lighthouse (which was cheaper, and I had to make a snap decision).

I guess I CAN still get it if I really had to, but I want to save up for a switch...argh, decisions, decisions.

I had to make the same decision and they both looked good to me, but I got vacation getaways (camper van) instead. The three builds are all awesome, you get a van, a house (with a Jeep) and a speed boat.

Osahi

Finished the first level of Ninjago City (The Old World). This set is combining everything I love about the modular series (cool, unexpected techniques, tons of detail, fun microbuilds, ...) with an amazing Asian style and a big scale. I love how there are lots of tiny appartments as subbuilds stacking up to become the city. Amazing details too. Can't wait for what's next to come...

ninge

Finished the first level of Ninjago City (The Old World). This set is combining everything I love about the modular series (cool, unexpected techniques, tons of detail, fun microbuilds, ...) with an amazing Asian style and a big scale. I love how there are lots of tiny appartments as subbuilds stacking up to become the city. Amazing details too. Can't wait for what's next to come...

Those crowbars...! :D

Osahi

Those crowbars...! :D

Yes! Sadly allready saw this technique in a review, so wasn't as amazed by it as I would've been if I encountered it without knowing. But such a great effect!

I also love the simple things like the sliding doors and all the texturing with the 'gold bar' bricks and stuff like that.

I don't even know how you lift the fucking thing without breaking pieces off at this point to mount it like that. I'm afraid to even glance at mine.

Yes! Sadly allready saw this technique in a review, so wasn't as amazed by it as I would've been if I encountered it without knowing. But such a great effect!

I also love the simple things like the sliding doors and all the texturing with the 'gold bar' bricks and stuff like that.
I like the roofs on the later stages. The staggering of them to get that texture is awesome.

F34R

I have so many builds to do, and ya'll are making me wanna grab my NinjaCity and go!! It is sitting there just looking at me as I walk past, puppy dog eyes and all lol.

Can anyone who has the assembly square set or Ninjago City set measure the boxes they came in? Going to London next month and going to get one of these sets and I want to make sure that they would fit in the case I am taking with me.

Osahi

Can anyone who has the assembly square set or Ninjago City set measure the boxes they came in? Going to London next month and going to get one of these sets and I want to make sure that they would fit in the case I am taking with me.
Ninjago City is more or less 58 cm x 19 cm x 48 cm

Ponn

Banned
Hey Ghostmind or whoever might be more in the know. What are you hearing on that possible HP D2C set? I’m seeing it come up more and more and that’s been a pretty good sign in the past something is real just the details aren’t solid yet. Like is it Hogwarts or something else, piece count, price and date? While Jokers Manor is neat and I want those Disco figs I have to severely cut back on my large Lego purchases going forward. I have built up VIP points and if this is indeed Hogwarts Castle I’d want to use my points and get that over Jokers Manor.

Hey Ghostmind or whoever might be more in the know. What are you hearing on that possible HP D2C set? I’m seeing it come up more and more and that’s been a pretty good sign in the past something is real just the details aren’t solid yet. Like is it Hogwarts or something else, piece count, price and date? While Jokers Manor is neat and I want those Disco figs I have to severely cut back on my large Lego purchases going forward. I have built up VIP points and if this is indeed Hogwarts Castle I’d want to use my points and get that over Jokers Manor.

The only thing I got to know that its release date is September, tied to the minifig series.

Top Bottom