• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Posted a bit here over the years, and I would like to follow the community to the new place. Would appreciate it if anyone could send me a discord invite.

iuuk

If it's possible to invite people to discord via PM I would like an invite as well. Probably won't say much more on discord than I did in here, but I did really like reading and sporadically responding here, so it would be a shame to miss all that.
I don't have twitter/facebook, so this is pretty much the only way for me.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Did they ever restock the Falcon? Signed up for the VIP restock email notice thing but still nothing.

Same here. I've heard there will be "plenty" by x-mas but we'll see.

I don't really understand it though. It seems like 99.9% of the heavy lifting is creating the manual. Just bagging pieces should be pretty simple. I'm not sure why any lego set goes OOP, seems like they could have a on-demand service.

Same here. I've heard there will be "plenty" by x-mas but we'll see.

I don't really understand it though. It seems like 99.9% of the heavy lifting is creating the manual. Just bagging pieces should be pretty simple. I'm not sure why any lego set goes OOP, seems like they could have a on-demand service.

After them being stuck with tons of stock and not selling out of the recent UCS sets, think they went and made the Falcon a much more limited production run and the demand is finally there, especially after all the hype this got for being so large.

jason10mm

Gold Member
After them being stuck with tons of stock and not selling out of the recent UCS sets, think they went and made the Falcon a much more limited production run and the demand is finally there, especially after all the hype this got for being so large.

But can't they just buy back and repurpose sets? There are usually only a few unique pieces even in a USC set. Guess they don't want millions of grey, dark grey, and black Lego pieces from Star Wars sets, but then, the next set will use those same colors and pieces:p

papluh

Based on the news on reddit, for US they are already restocking the Stores and peoples on waiting lists are getting calls. The dates on boxes (there is one on transport box and then on outside and inside seals) show it was made about 2 weeks ago.

As for the new production runs it is not so straight forward.
If you are LEPIN and want to catch marked by cherry picking and stealing certain sets, you could prioritize that one.
On the other hand, LEGO at this time is making other sets, sets that go to retail for the kids for Xmas and slowly would start with 2018 sets. Those are already bought by the retailers based on the wholesale agreements. Going full on MF production (like LEPIN can) would endanger all these contracts. And I'd say, with the complexity of the production run, per hour on production line (stop, clean, set up, run) multiplied per numbers, you sell hundreds times more of the smaller set, the MF is not so profitable.
So there had to be some tough decisions on how to sneak in such big production into existing plans ...

simplyred

Neo Member
Based on the news on reddit, for US they are already restocking the Stores and peoples on waiting lists are getting calls. The dates on boxes (there is one on transport box and then on outside and inside seals) show it was made about 2 weeks ago.

As for the new production runs it is not so straight forward.
If you are LEPIN and want to catch marked by cherry picking and stealing certain sets, you could prioritize that one.
On the other hand, LEGO at this time is making other sets, sets that go to retail for the kids for Xmas and slowly would start with 2018 sets. Those are already bought by the retailers based on the wholesale agreements. Going full on MF production (like LEPIN can) would endanger all these contracts. And I'd say, with the complexity of the production run, per hour on production line (stop, clean, set up, run) multiplied per numbers, you sell hundreds times more of the smaller set, the MF is not so profitable.
So there had to be some tough decisions on how to sneak in such big production into existing plans ...

Looks like our tribesmen have migrated far beyond these lands. Are we all headed there?

Top Bottom