• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Ponn

Banned
Totally slipped my mind Brickheadz was early VIP this month. Shit, freebie for March isn't good so i'm tempted to order some next week. If they take off really well they could be hard to find. I'd want to pick up at least the Beauty and Beast ones, Cap'n and some of the Batman ones.

20170209_213732.jpg

I already have one, it needs updating though as it only has the very first game I worked on 16 years ago :)

I should find them but in my old instruction books as a kid I used to write my name on them...as "Legolord" :)

Anatomy of a scene

Chris Mckay (director) narrates one of the scenes from the movie

Congrats Wetwired on credit, extra nice that its looking to be a monster of a movie.

Awesome!, Thanks

Awesome. And there is also a great book coming out next week about the making of the film, I was looking to see if your name was in it, Wetwired.

67f738f0849d419b8188fa6cc3719b49.jpg

Really, really awesome book. It goes through concept art and some early versions of models and figures. They have a breakdown of most of the sets available at the back of the book, as well as a look at some sets not announced yet, such as Egghead's Mech. The mini figure looks awesome for that.

And yes, it shows Crazy Quilt and Condiment King figures in there. :)

They had a section for all the different Bat Vehicles in there, and that is where I was looking for Wetwired's name.

One cool thing I did see in the book though is the Bane set is designed by Adam Grabowski. Means I will have to get that one.

wetwired

Awesome. And there is also a great book coming out next week about the making of the film, I was looking to see if your name was in it, Wetwired.

Really, really awesome book. It goes through concept art and some early versions of models and figures. They have a breakdown of most of the sets available at the back of the book, as well as a look at some sets not announced yet, such as Egghead's Mech. The mini figure looks awesome for that.

And yes, it shows Crazy Quilt and Condiment King figures in there. :)

They had a section for all the different Bat Vehicles in there, and that is where I was looking for Wetwired's name.

One cool thing I did see in the book though is the Bane set is designed by Adam Grabowski. Means I will have to get that one.

they probably wouldn't mention my name, but they may have pics, if they had any batvehicles from the batcave that weren't based on real sets they could be mine

they probably wouldn't mention my name, but they may have pics, if they had any batvehicles from the batcave that weren't based on real sets they could be mine

They had some that I thought were yours in there as concept art and some LEGO models, but your name wasn't on the credits under any of them. There were like ten pages of just Bat Vehicles shown in the Batcave.

The nice thing about the book is it gives credit to just about every single image in it, such as who the concept artist was and then who designed the actual set. There was an awesome Marcos Bessa designed Joker Van that apparently was thrown together in a meeting.

Some other sets shown off in the book are a Harley cannon vehicle and Two Face's bulldozer.

iosefe

my local AMC theater is giving the phantom zone polybag with tickets to The LEGO Batman movie. one of our regulars at the store dropped by while her kids were watching. might be at all AMC theaters

my local AMC theater is giving the phantom zone polybag with tickets to The LEGO Batman movie. one of our regulars at the store dropped by while her kids were watching. might be at all AMC theaters

Crap. No AMC here. Only Regal, and all they have are special IMAX tickets. LAME.

neonglow

It is at all AMC. Cinemark theatres are giving out the exclusive Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman keychain.

If anyone gets extras of the polybag and keychain, I would be greatly interested in trading sets or something for them since I don't have Cinemark or AMC here.

wetwired

They had some that I thought were yours in there as concept art and some LEGO models, but your name wasn't on the credits under any of them. There were like ten pages of just Bat Vehicles shown in the Batcave.

The nice thing about the book is it gives credit to just about every single image in it, such as who the concept artist was and then who designed the actual set. There was an awesome Marcos Bessa designed Joker Van that apparently was thrown together in a meeting.

Some other sets shown off in the book are a Harley cannon vehicle and Two Face's bulldozer.

If you get a chance. Take some pics. I'll be able to tell you if I did work on any. Some I know they did further work on after I finished (like the bat sub) so perhaps other people worked on some after me and got credited

Just got my order in to get the Disco Batman poly.

Ordered the Chess Set (hello parts pack!), Easter Egg Hunt, and a PAB order of 300 2x2 dark grey tiles.

Saving big purchases for March and double VIP.

If you get a chance. Take some pics. I'll be able to tell you if I did work on any. Some I know they did further work on after I finished (like the bat sub) so perhaps other people worked on some after me and got credited

I will tomorrow, then PM them to you after work.

Ponn

Banned

Ordered the Chess Set (hello parts pack!), Easter Egg Hunt, and a PAB order of 300 2x2 dark grey tiles.

Saving big purchases for March and double VIP..

Ahhh shit, I didn't know the easter set was up, damn it. Got the Riiddler set, that City set with the ATM (for the brick bank), Batman Movie Accessory pack and the last mighty micro I needed with Bizarro and a couple $1.65 keychains. Well i'm probably going to get some Brickheadz on the 15th so I will just hope the Easter set doesn't sell out before then.

wetwired

I will tomorrow, then PM them to you after work.

Cheers, I'll probably buy it anyway but it'd be nice to know if I made it to print

I just wish they would have double VIP going on when the early VIP access hits in March. Jerks.

Cheers, I'll probably buy it anyway but it'd be nice to know if I made it to print

One of the Batmobiles in there looked a lot like the one Joker was rubbing his butt on that you said you worked on, at least at first glance. But the model was credited to someone else. I even looked over the credits in the back about designers and artists and didn't see your name.

Either way, it is a very, very nice book with tons of detail and behind the scenes stuff. The concept pages for Clayface were particularly cool.

I'm debating biting the bullet and just buying the Scuttler full price to get the promo, but I might have to wait until my paycheck next week instead of tomorrow and by then I'm sure they'll be all sold out ):

wetwired

I just wish they would have double VIP going on when the early VIP access hits in March. Jerks.

One of the Batmobiles in there looked a lot like the one Joker was rubbing his butt on that you said you worked on, at least at first glance. But the model was credited to someone else. I even looked over the credits in the back about designers and artists and didn't see your name.

Either way, it is a very, very nice book with tons of detail and behind the scenes stuff. The concept pages for Clayface were particularly cool.

Yeah I definitely did the joker buttmobile

Yeah I definitely did the joker buttmobile

Will double check tomorrow.

Took a few pics of the pages of the Harley and Two-Face sets, along with more mini figs coming.
I know last time I did something like that and didn't directly post them, other LEGO blogs snatched it up and it blew up (hello, SPACESHIP! leak!). Playing it safer this time since it is obvious to many where I work, even if I don't explicitly say it. I do want to keep my job.

But that is what PMs are for. :)

ghostmind

Also went with the Chess Set (though mine will be for display), and a Mighty Dinosaurs set (cannot have enough of those).

I'm waiting on the 1H Star Wars sets to hit North America, and I will try to hold out until 2x VIP as well.

Also went with the Chess Set (though mine will be for display), and a Mighty Dinosaurs set (cannot have enough of those).

I'm waiting on the 1H Star Wars sets to hit North America, and I will try to hold out until 2x VIP as well.

Hmmm. More Dino wouldn't be bad. Because that was damn good.

Trying not to go overboard with stuff. I almost ordered Arkham but know that will just be a parts pack. Trying to go through all these old sets that are just laying around the apartment randomly to disassemble then the backlog of clearance sets. I think I will be cutting back on purchases for quite a bit until I catch up on disassembly.

LOL. Right...

Hmmm. More Dino wouldn't be bad. Because that was damn good.

Trying not to go overboard with stuff. I almost ordered Arkham but know that will just be a parts pack. Trying to go through all these old sets that are just laying around the apartment randomly to disassemble then the backlog of clearance sets. I think I will be cutting back on purchases for quite a bit until I catch up on disassembly.

LOL. Right...

If i had a dollar (or euro in my case) for every time someone said this in our threads then... i'd have even more money to spend on yet more sets :p

If i had a dollar (or euro in my case) for every time someone said this in our threads then... i'd have even more money to spend on yet more sets :p

As I said...LOL, right.

But, I am getting better. Having stuff organized has made disassembly pretty fast and easy. The issue now is my storage is filling up, which means I have to reorganize it yet again. Simpson's House made some bins overflow. But made do for now. Just gotta wait before taking down anything else with tan bricks.

Maengun1

Had a lego catastrophe today, a framed poster fell off my wall....which was hanging directly behind the shelf my Simpsons House and Modular Buildings are on, and the Simpsons House came down with it. I should have taken a picture of the carnage all over the room. Spent a good half hour searching out all the pieces in every nook and cranny (and probably missed a few for now). The good part is that I didn't see any actually damaged pieces (dat lego quality). Of course it's annoying because it's not simply a case of reassembling it as it's not totally disassembled...I basically have a pile of loose pieces plus a bunch of large segments of the model that I'll need to fully disassemble before I can get to work putting it back together.

In any case, I simply boxed it for now because the shelf space was completely full and I currently had nowhere to put the Assembly Square once I pick that up (probably by this summer) so...lol

Had a lego catastrophe today, a framed poster fell off my wall....which was hanging directly behind the shelf my Simpsons House and Modular Buildings are on, and the Simpsons House came down with it. I should have taken a picture of the carnage all over the room. The good part is that I didn't see any actually damaged pieces (dat lego quality). Of course it's annoying because it's not simply a case of reassembling it as it's not totally disassembled...I basically have a pile of loose pieces plus a bunch of large segments of the model that I'll need to fully disassemble before I can get to work putting it back together.

In any case, I simply boxed it for now because the shelf space was completely full and I currently had nowhere to put the Assembly Square once I pick that up (probably by this summer) so...lol

You have two choices:
Disassemble it completely and rebuild it.

or

Disassemble it and put it into your collection to do MOCs with.

Mine was in pieces from the move years ago, so it is in the collective to be MOCed with later.

Maengun1

Yeah I'll definitely do option A at some point or another, I love the model too much to break it down for parts. I'll probably take advantage of the shelf space though and leave it boxed up for a while.

Thinking about it now, I'm really happy it didn't bring down the whole display (as all my modulars are locked together with the technic side pieces). Now THAT would have been a sorting nightmare.

Thinking about it now, I'm really happy it didn't bring down the whole display (as all my modulars are locked together with the technic side pieces). Now THAT would have been a sorting nightmare.

A few years ago I did a time lapse video of building Fire Brigade and Town Hall simultaneously.

I had thought about doing one of three or four modulars at once, but realized just how insane that would be. If I could set up a room to do all the modulars I have (and organize it all), a time lapse of building them would take a LONG time. Like, stoopid amounts of time.

I am still proud of my VW Camper Van time lapse though.

Horizon Express time lapse.

Edit: at 8 modulars now and I still need Assembly Square. My brain hurts just trying to think of the logistics of trying to time lapse that many giant sets at once. Hell, even doing half makes my brain hurt.

Ponn

Banned
Had a lego catastrophe today, a framed poster fell off my wall....which was hanging directly behind the shelf my Simpsons House and Modular Buildings are on, and the Simpsons House came down with it. I should have taken a picture of the carnage all over the room. Spent a good half hour searching out all the pieces in every nook and cranny (and probably missed a few for now). The good part is that I didn't see any actually damaged pieces (dat lego quality). Of course it's annoying because it's not simply a case of reassembling it as it's not totally disassembled...I basically have a pile of loose pieces plus a bunch of large segments of the model that I'll need to fully disassemble before I can get to work putting it back together.

I totally feel you, had a similar incident months ago and knocked down one of my long shelves full of star wars ships and the 60's batcave I was trying to put up. It was enough to almost drop me from building anymore. Hang tough and box them up for now, consider it forced clear space for new sets.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I already have one, it needs updating though as it only has the very first game I worked on 16 years ago :)

Ghostheads is on there too

Didn't realise you could be on IMDb for games. Just checked and I'm there too for an old of game back in the 90s :p

Rootbeer

Banned
Skuttler and Batman Movie Accessory Set for me.

You also get a free LEGO Batman poster too, not that I actually use them :p

Now for the excruciating 10 or more day wait. LEGO is so slow to ship items out these days. I bet it won't ship till Tues or Weds.

Osahi

Does it go into the film making process too? Animation techniques and stuff, or is it focussed on concept art and models? I'm really interested in the filmmaking process and love making of books...

After seeing the movie I'm so happy I had already gotten all the LEGO Batman sets. So worth it. Can't wait for the Batwing to come out.

Osahi

I only just realized that Black and Yellow song from the trailers isn't on the soundtrack to TLBM

It's not in the movie.

In other news. Encountered my first Batman CMF's in the wild today. Damn those buggers are hard to feel for, especially with all the Batman variations. I was only certain about Harley Quin, due to her hairpiece, and grabbed 4 others I suspected of being ones I wanted.

And with great succes! I was right about Harley, got Robin with the Shark Spray, Hugh Hefner Batman with lobster (two I suspected) and then as a suprise Swimsuit Batman (really happy with this one) and Caveman Batman (didn't really wanted him, but it's cool to have him. More so than some badguys I don't know)

Still want to grab Glam Metal Batman and Pink Batgirl. Hope I can feel them out next time...

Anyone know if the pick a brick wall has 2x3 red or green plates? I accidently ordered 2x4s from Bricklink, and can't get another order here in time for Tuesday.

ruxtpin

Banned
Yes! That looks amazing.

Also - Placed an order for the Scuttler and 3 of the Batman minifig bags to get the promo dudes.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Imma buy this. At least highly likely that I will :D

Bii

It's not in the movie.

In other news. Encountered my first Batman CMF's in the wild today. Damn those buggers are hard to feel for, especially with all the Batman variations. I was only certain about Harley Quin, due to her hairpiece, and grabbed 4 others I suspected of being ones I wanted.

And with great succes! I was right about Harley, got Robin with the Shark Spray, Hugh Hefner Batman with lobster (two I suspected) and then as a suprise Swimsuit Batman (really happy with this one) and Caveman Batman (didn't really wanted him, but it's cool to have him. More so than some badguys I don't know)

Still want to grab Glam Metal Batman and Pink Batgirl. Hope I can feel them out next time...

Bro, I felt the same way, which I posted earlier in the thread trying to feel the minifigs. haha

Placed an order for Ferrari F40 so I can get Disco/Tears Batman. Pretty neat that they're still giving out the poster too.

I have a question for anyone that uses the lego store online.

I have decided to finally pull the trigger on getting the ghostbusters firehouse. I prefer to buy Legos in person but the nearest store is 3 hours away and I don't have any plans to make it up there anytime soon. I know it's crazy but I want the box to be in good condition since it's such a large purchase. What are your experiences with ordering the high end sets and the condition they come in? How often do you get a damaged box?

Osahi

I have a question for anyone that uses the lego store online.

I have decided to finally pull the trigger on getting the ghostbusters firehouse. I prefer to buy Legos in person but the nearest store is 3 hours away and I don't have any plans to make it up there anytime soon. I know it's crazy but I want the box to be in good condition since it's such a large purchase. What are your experiences with ordering the high end sets and the condition they come in? How often do you get a damaged box?

I haven't had a dented box yet from Lego. They always package with enough airbags. My boxes of the modulars and the Disney Castle were spotless.

I've only had dented boxes from Amazon really. And even there rarely.

I haven't had a dented box yet from Lego. They always package with enough airbags. My boxes of the modulars and the Disney Castle were spotless.

I've only had dented boxes from Amazon really. And even there rarely.

Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better!

Top Bottom