• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

kaiju

They forgot to rip his arms and legs off!

Yeah but at least they are greyed out. To be honest, I'm surprised LEGO is even releasing a post-Mustafar Anakin minifig.

Close up of figure in question:

IMG_0299.jpg

Oh, dat two piece Vader helmet! Can make a good recreation of his death with that.

I...still need to see it. Just haven't had a chance to
. I have vacation this weekend. Might hit a matinee while my wife is working.

Wait...what?

Get on that ASAP, best movie of the year so far. I am only half joking too ;)

Seriously tough, i didn't expect much but it ended up being better than the Lego Movie for me which was already great! Somehow it was very divisive though and lots of

people i know didn't like it...

wetwired

I started converting the Joker Low Rider for the Batcave display, what started a direct recolour with some fins went a bit further...

FoQxrTt.jpg

DonShula

$24.99

Looks like it has a similar mechanic to the Carbon Freezing Chamber set. Anakin on one side, Vader on the other.

Bricktoynews pics:

Given that the Death Star is $500, I'm glad Lego makes these small sets as a way to collect the popular minifigs without breaking the bank. My kids love the movies but will never buy a Death Star and weren't around for the original sets. They get really excited when they can buy these characters and they don't have to save their allowance for months to do it. I know the new land speeder set is the umpteenth release of it and those figures, but my son loves his and plays with it constantly. Same with the small Yoda ship.

rokkerkory

I just ordered the U-Wing fighter on amazon. It's almost $20 off msrp and there was an option to delay the shipping a few days to get an additional $20 credit on amazon home services.

I caved lol

Ponn

Banned
I started converting the Joker Low Rider for the Batcave display, what started a direct recolour with some fins went a bit further...

FoQxrTt.jpg

Almost looks like a hearse. Did you make a Bat-Hearse yet? Batman is always planning ahead, even for his own funeral.

edit: Your LEGO® order has shipped* *dances around the room* Yipppeeee! Wednesday delivery. Setting aside wednesday to build Silent Mary. If I had a camera setup I would actually livestream it.

Almost looks like a hearse. Did you make a Bat-Hearse yet? Batman is always planning ahead, even for his own funeral.

edit: Your LEGO® order has shipped* *dances around the room* Yipppeeee! Wednesday delivery. Setting aside wednesday to build Silent Mary. If I had a camera setup I would actually livestream it.
You have a few days to build a tripod out of LEGO to use. I did that for my old time lapse stuff.

Taisaijin

I was in deep with the Collectible Minifigs and needed to stop. I think I have a full set of the first 13 or 14 lines barring the Olympic ones. After being "clean" for a while the Batman line pulled me right back in.

God damn I was out of the CMF racket.. then, as always, swiping right on Craigs late at night and this lot shows up. Now I'm straight reddit swapping for garbage figs just to fill out a series. Completionists nightmare.

If yer not sucked in, stay far far away.

O51Jwmy.jpg

Silent Mary shipped. FedEx saying it will deliver tomorrow, but it still is in MS, so expecting it Wednesday afternoon. Should be a nice way to start my staycation.

But for now, I continue the Sandcrawler. Finally building it after buying it months ago off Amazon when it was cheap.

Ponn

Banned
Silent Mary shipped. FedEx saying it will deliver tomorrow, but it still is in MS, so expecting it Wednesday afternoon. Should be a nice way to start my staycation.

But for now, I continue the Sandcrawler. Finally building it after buying it months ago off Amazon when it was cheap.

*high five*

Who has 4 thumbs and is going to be having fun on Wednesday? These guys!!

I need some booze.

Damn, that tower puts the one i've built a while back to shame :(

for reference:

fdVx5Rr.jpg

The surroundings especially (like that tree) are awesome, the roof is great as well, and the whole slender build is nice as well. As far as scale goes though, i don't believe for a second a minifig is able to live in that thing :p. Also, i bet it's really stable unlike mine which collapses when put a little pressure on it from the side lol...

DonShula

My latest LEGO purchase is set number 215. I had to do it just for the novelty value. Spoiler tagged cos it's probably racist.

215-1.png

Man, times have changed. To Lego's credit, there's only one glaring thing about that set that's actually racist, and the rest could slide as historical.

Man, times have changed. To Lego's credit, there's only one glaring thing about that set that's actually racist, and the rest could slide as historical.

I think I had parts of that set in my initial used batch of Lego. At least I had a few heads, and some oars and feathers. All those tended to break quickly though.

As for the Ideas projects, I don't think they stand a chance. The parts count on those buildings is insane. It's fine for an AFOL to pack 3000 parts into a tiny structure just for detailing (and using up the stock of parts that overflow the bins!), but it could never be profitable.

I really liked the Hong Kong Food Street and The Flintstones sets. I also believe those have real chances.

No way about the Wizard Tower and the Medieval Mill. Not only the piece count would be too high but also they will be instruction nightmares. For MOC they are cool but for official sets, no way.

judhudson

I have The Simpsons House that I put together then put back in the box. I don't really need it in my collection anymore. Before I toss it on Ebay, anyone at GAF interested? I dunno if $150 + shipping would be a good price, or too high (Shipping will more than likely be $20).
Located in Alabama, can post pics of it later when I get home from work.

Weevilone

I got the Slave 1 package in.

So.. I'm not putting these together now. Our kids are at a young age where they are taking up waaaay too much space. Plus my son is in a between stage where he thinks Legos are for kids and he's too old (11). He still likes minifigs for whatever reason, but he's done with sets.

That being said he's a HUGE Star Wars nut and I know he'll come back to it, so I wanna grab the cool sets (Red 5 X-Wing, Tie, Slave 1 for now) so he and I can do them later. Naturally the wife thinks it's a dumb plan and daaaamn I forgot how big these boxes are. Would love to stash it away and postpone the dirty looks for later but I don't see it happening.

Between the kids' stuff (twins), the family video game fetish, my craft beer fetish, Lego Dimensions, and stuff like this.. I need to add a wing to the house.

So, it seems the LEGO Fairy delivered with a quickness this time...

I still need to finish the Sandcrawler, but man, did they get this here quickly.

I really liked the Hong Kong Food Street and The Flintstones sets. I also believe those have real chances.

No way about the Wizard Tower and the Medieval Mill. Not only the piece count would be too high but also they will be instruction nightmares. For MOC they are cool but for official sets, no way.

Ordinarily I would agree with you on the piece count, but Old Fishing Store proves they are willing to stretch the limits of IDEAS. Also, I think Wizard Tower is a perfect fit for the AFOL demographic. Medieval Mill, otoh, is a very tight demographic, so it has no chance.

Ponn

Banned
So, it seems the LEGO Fairy delivered with a quickness this time...

I still need to finish the Sandcrawler, but man, did they get this here quickly.

I'm jealous, mine said delivery for tomorrow but it sat all day yesterday on label created and they finally picked it up today and changed the date to thursday. They weren't in a rush to come to Florida I guess, can't blame them.

I'm jealous, mine said delivery for tomorrow but it sat all day yesterday on label created and they finally picked it up today and changed the date to thursday. They weren't in a rush to come to Florida I guess, can't blame them.

Might sideline the Sandcrawler until Silent Mary is done. I mean, I have put off Sandcrawler this long, what's a few days more?

Top Bottom