• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Mine only has the shuttle launch, fire station, and a shitload of Minecraft nether stuff on clearance.
Tempted to find a store that has Airjitzu and pay over the phone for it. Half price is tempting to get a second one.

Markus

Tempted to find a store that has Airjitzu and pay over the phone for it. Half price is tempting to get a second one.

FYI, you may be able to get free shipping if you have a B&N membership. From a user on Brickpicker:

"...They do ship forfree if you have a membership, although you can't use your member discount. I have done this a few times w different stores."

FYI, you may be able to get free shipping if you have a B&N membership. From a user on Brickpicker:

"...They do ship forfree if you have a membership, although you can't use your member discount. I have done this a few times w different stores."

Only if you order online. From the stores it isn't an issue, just pay a bit extra but still get the 10% off.

I'm hoping we might finally get some info on the Saturn V soon!

I think the teaser pics LEGO has been releasing were all on Fridays, so maybe this Friday will finally be the one!

DonShula

So here's the alleged list of 40% off sets during the May 4th sales. It's not in English but you get the idea:

29. April LEGO Star Wars Resistance X-Wing (75149) statt 89,99 Euro dann nur 53,99 Euro
30. April LEGO Star Wars Buildable Figure Scarif Trooper (75523) statt 24,99 Euro dann nur 14,99 EUR
01. Mai LEGO Star Wars AT-ST (75153) statt 49,99 Euro dann nur 29,99 Euro
02. Mai LEGO Star Wars Rebel Trooper Battle Pack (75164) statt 14,99 Euro dann nur 8,99 Euro
03. Mai LEGO Star Wars Luke’s Landspeeder (75173) statt 29,99 Euro dann nur 17,99 Euro
04. Mai LEGO Star Wars Millenium Falke (75105) statt 149,99 Euro dann nur 89,99 Euro
05. Mai LEGO Star Wars Buildable Figure K-2SO (75120) statt 24,99 Euro dann nur 14,99 Euro
06. Mai LEGO Star Wars Battle on Scarif (75171) statt 59,99 Euro dann nur 35,99 Euro

Was hoping for Attack on Hoth, but eh. I might get the Battle on Scarif for the kids. Maybe K2SO. Otherwise I have the rest basically.

Also find it interesting that the Falcon is included. Must be a new one incoming :)

Osahi

Belgium is getting the short end of the stick again. 40% like the rest of Europe? Why, if you can have 30%? Never mind that we allready have 5 to 10 euro added to the usual prices.

Was hoping to grab something in this promo, like Scarif or even the X-Wing to have it next to Poe's black one. But I'm going to pass, even though it'll sting not getting the R2 polybag. I can get these sets on Amazon.de way cheaper, even without the promo's. -_-

DonShula

Toys R Us has some stuff for 30% off today with code 30OFFLEGO. Not sure if there are any deals here as I'm not familiar with most of the sets. Some Nexo stuff involved.

Edit: someone tell me not to buy the Sith Inflitrator just for the minifigs.

DonShula

Belgium is getting the short end of the stick again. 40% like the rest of Europe? Why, if you can have 30%? Never mind that we allready have 5 to 10 euro added to the usual prices.

Was hoping to grab something in this promo, like Scarif or even the X-Wing to have it next to Poe's black one. But I'm going to pass, even though it'll sting not getting the R2 polybag. I can get these sets on Amazon.de way cheaper, even without the promo's. -_-

It's sad that a lot of this stuff has been cheaper on Amazon for long periods of time. Lego's store sticking to MSRP means their sales are pretty disappointing I suppose.

Toys R Us has some stuff for 30% off today with code 30OFFLEGO. Not sure if there are any deals here as I'm not familiar with most of the sets. Some Nexo stuff involved.

Edit: someone tell me not to buy the Sith Inflitrator just for the minifigs.

Don't buy for the minifigs. Buy for the minifigs and the awesome build! I have a love hate relationship with the PT but love Maul, Qui-Gon, and this ship.

Osahi

It's sad that a lot of this stuff has been cheaper on Amazon for long periods of time. Lego's store sticking to MSRP means their sales are pretty disappointing I suppose.

It's cheaper day one on Amazon, as MSRP in Germany is lower and they usually ship for free. I've been buying way less from S@H since lately prices got bumped so hard compared to Germany. If it isn't exclusive, there is no reason any more to get it from them. And that sucks, because I like the little gifts from time to time...

But now I'm just bumbed out because the promised 40% of is 30% over here, and I see no reason why at all. (seems like it's the same in France. Looked it up as the Lego Store in Lille is as far as the one in Antwerp form me)

Also, we barely get any discounts anyway. The 10% of retiring sets that is going on right now? Nada in Belgium. There must be a reason, but I don't see it.

4ucOGom.jpg

Another nice eBay find. When bunny suit guy arrives I will only need about 10 series 1 CMF and Mr. Gold to complete the line. If anyone has S1 duplicates for trade let me know. And in case anyone was wondering, the $77 EV3 arrived--it works and is only missing a few of the technic parts.

Does anyone know if there will be a double/triple VIP for May 4th? Or if I should jump on a Death Star now? I would have to stop by to get something else for the R2, but it would be much cheaper.

Markus

Only if you order online. From the stores it isn't an issue, just pay a bit extra but still get the 10% off.

That guy who I quoted was actually referring to ordering over the phone from the stores themselves; Here's the whole post:

"As stated earlier, they generally will not hold clearance, but I have purchased clearance over the phone from B&N stores. They do ship for free if you have a membership, although you can't use your member discount. I have done this a few times w different stores."

I haven't done this myself, so I can't confirm, but I thought I'd mention it just in case

Osahi

Does anyone know if there will be a double/triple VIP for May 4th? Or if I should jump on a Death Star now? I would have to stop by to get something else for the R2, but it would be much cheaper.

No double or triple VIP according to Brickset, but 10% off on all Star Wars...

Local BN searched to find a store that still had Temple of Airjitzu in, and only two stores still had them. One in NC, and another in Honolulu. Called up the NC store and it was still boxed up in their back room, so I paid over the phone and they are sending it to me in KY.

$100 and change after tax and shipping for a Temple of Airjitzu. Oh, happy day.

I didn't need a second one, but there are too many amazing parts in it to use for MOCs, and that price was killer.

Local BN searched to find a store that still had Temple of Airjitzu in, and only two stores still had them. One in NC, and another in Honolulu. Called up the NC store and it was still boxed up in their back room, so I paid over the phone and they are sending it to me in KY.

$100 and change after tax and shipping for a Temple of Airjitzu. Oh, happy day.

I didn't need a second one, but there are too many amazing parts in it to use for MOCs, and that price was killer.

did the NC store have 2 lol

Ponn

Banned
Do we have a list of Star Wars sets on sale for may 4th if any? I want the R2 freebie but I'm cutting way back so I'm trying to figure out what to get. I want the Phantom for Thrawn and blind Kanan so thinking that and the Landspeeder unless something is on sale.

ghostmind

Oh wow...

LCw4LgB.jpg

LGXGJJz.jpg

Help Obi-Wan keep one step ahead of Jango Fett in his Jedi Starfighter! Dock with the hyperdrive, grab the handle and warp to distant planets in no time. Add some firepower with the stud shooters and spring-loaded shooters, then pull the trigger to release the ship. Will Jango be able to track you down? That’s for you to decide…

Play at warp speed with Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter With Hyperdrive!

Warp into action with Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter With Hyperdrive, featuring stud blasters, spring-loaded shooters, quick-release grab handle, 3 minifigures and a droid figure.

Speed across the galaxy with Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter With Hyperdrive. This detailed LEGO® brick recreation of the ship featured in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones includes an opening minifigure cockpit, space for the R4-P17 Astromech droid top section and 2 stud shooters, while the large hyperdrive features 2 spring-loaded shooters, big engines, and a grab handle for enhanced play and quick release of the docked model. This impressive set also includes 3 minifigures and an Astromech droid figure.

• Includes 3 minifigures: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jango Fett and young Boba Fett with mini legs, plus an R4-P17 Astromech droid figure. • Features Obi-Wan’s Jedi Starfighter and a buildable hyperdrive. • Jedi Starfighter features an opening minifigure cockpit, space for the R4-P17 Astromech droid top section (with storage space for the torso inside the ship) and 2 stud shooters. • Hyperdrive features 2 spring-loaded shooters, big engines and a quick-release grab handle for enhanced play. • Dock the Starfighter with the hyperdrive and pull the trigger to release it again. • Grab the handle and zoom the model around the room. • Hyperdrive stands on any flat surface. • Relive exciting scenes in space from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. • Jedi Starfighter measures over 3” (8cm) high, 11” (28cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide. • Hyperdrive with docked Jedi Starfighter measures over 10” (27cm) high, 11” (28cm) long and 12” (32cm) wide.

$89.99 apparently??

TRU exclusive.

Ponn

Banned
Are these minifig dome stands going to be a thing for every set going forward? It's not a complain, I hope it is just wondering why they aren't going with the standard CMF fig plates instead.

And i'm guessing Jango is going to be the major selling point of that set.

ghostmind

Are these minifig dome stands going to be a thing for every set going forward? It's not a complain, I hope it is just wondering why they aren't going with the standard CMF fig plates instead.

And i'm guessing Jango is going to be the major selling point of that set.

As far as I know, they aren't included, but are used to pose the minifigs so they can be photoshopped out for the official set images.

For some reason LEGO has gotten lazy at photoshopping them out however.

Oh wow...

LCw4LgB.jpg

LGXGJJz.jpg

$89.99 apparently??

TRU exclusive.

SNAP! That looks really nice.

20% off on the new Milano. The other two GotG v2 sets have been hovering around 20% off for several days now, first i've seen the Milano drop.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTL5BR4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That new Jedi Starfighter w/ Hyperdrive is tops :) This will be the first Episode II set I've bought in a while
Jump on the Milano, people. The original is superior, but the new one has its merits.

20% off on the new Milano. The other two GotG v2 sets have been hovering around 20% off for several days now, first i've seen the Milano drop.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTL5BR4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Dang, that's not bad.
I was going to wait for the mini-Milano giveaway in May so I could get both of them then, but this isn't a bad deal.

Urgh, I may need to rethink my May LEGO buying choices if the Saturn V Ideas set ends up being in June after all (and will probably be +$100). I wanted both the mini-R2 and the mini-Milano, but there aren't any Star Wars sets I really wanted.

Might end up just waiting until May, spending the extra $10 on the Milano from the LEGO store so I can get the mini-Milano, and passing on the R2...
Or maybe I'll wait on the Milano for longer so can get the R2 (the Y-wing was tempting since you get extra VIP points) since it seems like it will be rarer (and I can probably just Bricklink or PAB the pieces for the mini-Milano).

29th of april for VIPs.

That jedi starfighter looks amazing. Just when I was planning to cut back on SW playsets and focus more on UCS, and promising myself not to buy PT sets.
Huh? First I've heard of early VIP for it. Will we get double VIP and the R2 set that day too?

For the first time I've torn down one of my custom modulars. I ended up stashing it out of sight, so it wasn't a big loss. Now, what to do with tons of reddish brown...

Top Bottom