• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Something I did about 4 years ago:

PLEASE turn this into a proper MOC set on rebrickable with instructions. You'll make some serious cash and make a lot of LEGO fans very, very happy!!!

That's crazy. Now I feel like I should save selling promos items for at least 1 year before selling.

Anyone that is feeling entrepreneurial can Bricklink all the matching parts and make a nice profit selling the set as used without original box and instructions.

EDIT:

With crazy prices like that in the aftermarket, it's no wonder LEGO can command high retail prices.

Can buy TWO of these and some CMFs for the same price:

20687425431_98cf368dfa.jpg

LEGO Creator Expert 10249 - Winter Toy Shop by THE BRICK TIME Team, on Flickr

EDIT 2:

I wonder if some of those insanely high prices are setup. A person that the buyer knows buys it for the high price, does a refund thingy or something behind the scenes to avoid fees. Now there is "legit" interest in something for high price. If I were a seller and I saw prices going for that high, I'd raise my price. Viola, artificial insanely high price.

Oh no....................you've introduced me to the LEGO Holiday / Winter Village series...............now I must acquire every single one of them...........................what have you done..............................................my wallet....................................................not even recovered from the Star Wars UCS line yet.................................hrrrrggggh...................

DBT85

BB8 is done!

Fun internal build, exterior is obviously repetitive but that's to be expected. Looks great next to R2D2.

fCllKSE.jpg

YE1XiDB.jpg

Hmm... is that an effort to do a worldwide simultaneous on-sale time?
No idea, can't see what time the US one goes live.

I'll be up with the baby so I'm good! Bet the site fails tho.

Side note, the imgur app is shit.

Woorloog

Banned
I'd buy that, the Soyuz stack is a beautiful thing

https://i.stack.imgur.com/4G4fd.jpg[IMG]

*spoooge*[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It is weird looking, and hence quite pretty.
And i figure the boosters would be interesting to build.
Also very important for the ISS as it is the only way to get there at the moment. (IIRC, SpaceX's Dragon would actually allow getting up there, being human-rated, but it isn't used for that for whatever reason.)

DBT85

Exactly. It is weird looking, and hence quite pretty.
And i figure the boosters would be interesting to build.
Also very important for the ISS as it is the only way to get there at the moment. (IIRC, SpaceX's Dragon would actually allow getting up there, being human-rated, but it isn't used for that for whatever reason.)
SpaceX don't have human rating yet IIRC.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
7:30 I'll be arriving at Waterloo :(

Not that I can realistically buy this now. I'm a little disappointed in my sensible side being logical and hesitant to spunk £1500 on a toy spaceship and a phone

Looking around at C-3PO minifigs, it stuck out to me that there are no PT style C-3POs. No wires/skeleton only and no dirty silver one from the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, respectively.

For such a well known and popular character and minifig, kind of weird he doesn't have all his various appearances. Just all gold, silver leg and red arm variants.

Rootbeer

Banned
Looking around at C-3PO minifigs, it stuck out to me that there are no PT style C-3POs. No wires/skeleton only and no dirty silver one from the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, respectively.

For such a well known and popular character and minifig, kind of weird he doesn't have all his various appearances. Just all gold, silver leg and red arm variants.
Solid point, I actually hadn't noticed that. Just goes to show how many LEGO SW minifigures are yet to be made. I can totally see them doing a Phantom Menace 3PO at some point, maybe they could include him with a future Podracer rehash.

Osahi

Local toy store has Ninjago's Master Waterfalls and Ninjago CIty Chase for the price of just the Waterfalls (35 euro). So I ordered immidiatly. Will be a nice warm-up for Ninjago City, which I plan to get next month at double VIP.

Koren

Not weird in a bad way, but once I ordered 2 sets (I forget which one already, but was around $200) accidentally because the site was lagging, and by the time I saw the order was placed email and called LEGO, they said it was already too late to cancel the second one.

Luckily they let me return one (and gave me a shipping label) but the lady was giving me a hard time (politely) about them not really liking to do that.
I don't know for others countries, but here in France, they HAVE (legally) to accept any return for any (or no) reason in the first two weeks following the parcel arrival, for any online/phone order (I would say it's safer if it's not opened, but I'm not even sure it's required). They have to refund the item in full (and in actual money), *including* the shipping costs.

Pretty sure it's basically the same in UK at the very least.

Called my store. They don't know how many Falcons they are getting, and they can't do holds on release day. He said there were tons of people asking about waiting in line.
Mall doors open at 830 apparently, so who knows what kind of bum rush it will have.
They expect more to come in next week and after that they can hold it.

Looking more likely I am going to scope out online. Now to just find out exactly when USA goes on sale. Ugh.

If it is same time as UK, that will be like 1am or so.

I am dying for the build videos. I won't be able to purchase one for a very long time, if ever. Very upsetting. Artifex creation should do a magnificent video on this one.

Ryuuroden

I have to leave in the morning at 5 am, lol. I will try to order it tonight. I will probably just make it a lego build night in the basement while waiting. I am getting too old to pull all nighters but this may be that one time I do so. I have to start working on a bunch of steampunk stuff for my LUGs next show anyways.
At least I won't be driving, will also be 6 hours drive time. Plenty of time to sleep!

Man, I'm starting to get cold feet about dropping $800 on the Falcon now that it's almost here....

I kind of am, mainly because of the tenseness I feel about waking up on time to drive there or waiting up all night to order. However, once it gets here, I won't care anymore. I will be building!

I kind of am, mainly because of the tenseness I feel about waking up on time to drive there or waiting up all night to order. However, once it gets here, I won't care anymore. I will be building!

A part of me is rationalizing that I don't need it right now this instant. Why don't I just wait until it's readily available rather than try to scramble to get it at launch? It will be easily available at some point...

A part of me is rationalizing that I don't need it right now this instant. Why don't I just wait until it's readily available rather than try to scramble to get it at launch? It will be easily available at some point...

Logic dictates that. They won't make this that crazy limited. It will be around.

But I have waited 10 years for this set. That is what throws all rational thought out the window.

What's with all the dark grey on the left front mandible? I might replace that detail whenever I hopefully acquire the Falcon some day.

The designer did a FANTASTIC job getting all of the markings right on this thing. Those reds look spot on.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I've been able to lock myself into waiting, at least.

I own the first one, and this is pretty much just an update like they did with the Death Star.

Logic dictates that. They won't make this that crazy limited. It will be around.

But I have waited 10 years for this set. That is what throws all rational thought out the window.

That's the part that keeps me still on the fence. I always regretted not getting it the first time and now I feel justified since they improved it in ways that I want and would have no regrets missing the first one now. Decisions, decisions.....

I've been able to lock myself into waiting, at least.

I own the first one, and this is pretty much just an update like they did with the Death Star.

I dunno, I feel the improvements here are much more substantial than the Death Star. The Death Star was a joke. I have no regrets owning the original Death Star, but I think I'd have some if I had the first Falcon.

Which is?

From the UK MF page on S@H

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Millennium-Falcon-75192

"Early Access for VIPs starts from 7:30 am on 14th September"

730am. So 130am CST where I am. Who the hell knows.

PLEASE turn this into a proper MOC set on rebrickable with instructions. You'll make some serious cash and make a lot of LEGO fans very, very happy!!!

I tore that down years ago, but know I could do much, much better now. Perhaps after I finish off this new addition to the Halloween display I will look at making another Gingerbread house this year, but not making promises.

My grandhalloween moc plans didn't happen so I just ordered a bunch of misc seasonal decorations for my modulars instead of the full silent Hill design of my dreams.

Next year for sure

Hmmm. Now wondering how to make a pyramid head mini fig...

EDIT: Google fu shows this one, which is solid.

1302356964m_SPLASH.jpg

Looks like a similar approach for how I did the cult leader.

Koren

Hey, I didn't know that buyers of the Falcon would get a special VIP card (a black one with the Falcon on it)

Nice touch :D

Haines

Banned
Hey, I didn't know that buyers of the Falcon would get a special VIP card (a black one with the Falcon on it)

Nice touch :D

I read til this xmas, and that buyers will also get in some special starwars and Lego deals next year.

Could just be rumour.

DonShula

This thread is going some dark places. I haven't contemplated pyramid heads in a long time.

UCS Falcon fever is causing hallucinations.

My next $800 purchase is going to be a phone.

I might pick up the Falcon in a couple years once I've moved houses and need another coffee table for my prospective man den.

Only in stores though. That is the only thing tempting me to go get it in a store. But ugh. Having to wake up super early, then drive an hour (minimum) through rush hour traffic to Nashville to MAYBE get one of the sets?

Ugh only in stores? There's no way I can manage that. My friend told me I'd have to be there hours before they open based off previous experiences. Okay, back on the fence again....

Top Bottom