• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

kapowza

The Toys R Us Batman minifig pack appeared in UK stores but are being swooped up by scalpers, if anyone spies them in the wild I'd be happy to take an extra one off their hands (Ipswich and Teeside look to have stock)

Kind of shocked that Lego didn't try to get on the Hidden Figures hype train and include with Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan, and Mary Jackson.

Osahi

Kind of shocked that Lego didn't try to get on the Hidden Figures hype train and include with Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan, and Mary Jackson.

Katherine Johnson was included in the original idea, but apparently Lego failed to come to an agreement with her or her estate to include her. (I would assume it's because Hidden Figures even. There is probably a stipulation in the movie contract about merchandising which made her inclusion in this set impossible)

https://gizmodo.com/lego-forced-to-exclude-hidden-figures-heroine-from-cool-1819629642

the release of this set changes my purchase plans. As I assume it will be a hot seller, I want it day one. To get free shipping I'll need to order something extra, which means no waiting on possible double VIP for the Winter Village Station on black friday. I hope the price is 25 over here too, as Lego tends to add some 'Belgian' tax (probably literally) to their pricings. But as there is no asterix with 'prices can be different depending on territory' in the anouncement, I feel it's a fix price for all territories.

Brickset has posted the BrickHeadz competition results.
https://brickset.com/article/31213/brickheadz-competition-winners

Some are really great.
Really like the Queen and Mutley and AvP

I might even Bricklink the Queen for my mom for Xmas, she is a fan...

That Link is amazing! I think it's even the best Brickheadz I ever saw, including the official ones. (Granted, I'm not a fan of this line)

ghostmind

Normally I would share these via Imgur, but it's not working for me right now...

23913121988_19e7152bed_h.jpg

37095842773_43d7ed1810_h.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
The writing that has been on the wall for quite some time, the cancellation of LEGO Dimensions, is getting a lot more attention today. It's a done deal.

Be sure to keep your eyes on any LEGO Dimensions sets you haven't picked up yet for the upcoming clearance. They are great sets to pick up for the minifigures, if nothing else. Don't miss out!

More here

The writing that has been on the wall for quite some time, the cancellation of LEGO Dimensions, is getting a lot more attention today. It's a done deal.

Be sure to keep your eyes on any LEGO Dimensions sets you haven't picked up yet for the upcoming clearance. They are great sets to pick up for the minifigures, if nothing else. Don't miss out!

Ah yes the moment I've been waiting for. After having to move into a smaller, yet more expensive place I've had to all but abandon my Lego hobby since I have neither the money to buy them nor the space to display let alone even build them, but since the Dimensions sets are just the glorified Minifig packs I've just been biding my time.

Maybe I'll even play the damn game some day >_<

More here

I love the figures but didn't like the price.
Will hunt for cheap Adventure Time figures

I'm glad Dimensions existed for the Chell and Sonic minifigs.

I want them to go all out with a Sonic theme, but they won't, oh well...

It's pretty wild Sonic ended up with Lego, while Pokemon is handled by Mega and Mario gets tossed to K'Nex.

There is Mario K&#8216;nex? o_O

0213_smario11.jpg

They made a zillion minifigs for it as well. Pretty much every possible (modern) Mario character, powerup and enemy has a minifig.

I've actually considered grabbing a few of the minifigs because they actually sort of look alright to use in a Lego display if someone was to build Peach's Castle or something out of Lego
IMG_1816-600x326.jpg

I'd give all kinds of money for an official Lego Bigfig of Bowser, though

Edit: I was actually curious how a K'Nex model kit even works with how their pieces are shaped, so I grabbed a small Mario Kart kit with a Mario minifig off of Amazon.

Man I really understand why lego doesnt do knee joints in large mechs now. Tried multiple mods to the fire mech i found online, and they were flimsy and required a good amount of balancing. And its hard to just hold in your hand as a result. If you bent the knees too fast the lego parts would just pop off too.

I guess thats just one of the drawbacks of brick built systems. Youd need a large specialized skeleton piece similar to buildable figures to make things stable.

Man I really understand why lego doesnt do knee joints in large mechs now. Tried multiple mods to the fire mech i found online, and they were flimsy and required a good amount of balancing. And its hard to just hold in your hand as a result. If you bent the knees too fast the lego parts would just pop off too.

I guess thats just one of the drawbacks of brick built systems. Youd need a large specialized skeleton piece similar to buildable figures to make things stable.

Part of the reason King's Mech is so amazing. The finally gave us knees!

Part of the reason King's Mech is so amazing. The finally gave us knees!

Yeah, that seems to be the sweet spot size for lego mechs. I wish they would do more like that. Even the black knight which is slightly bigger couldnt have knees.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle voltron.

Ponn

Banned

More here

I felt really bad for those still holding out false hope. The writing on the wall couldn’t be more blatant. It was a combination of an oversaturated TTL market (that didn’t have much room to begin with) and already in its death throes and their awful pricing. The game content stagnated and the characters gameplay quickly became repetitive and generic. By not allowing a new version of the game they really painted themselves into a corner. Here’s hoping they send out one final update allowing play without disc.

For those going to jump in with the coming fire sales my suggested must own packs are

Portal
BttF (the level pack is short but the world is pretty cool and the time machine is a necessity for the game). The doc Brown set is an ok alternative.
Ghostbusters Level pack
Wicked Witch fun pack
Sonic level pack
Batman Movie story pack
TTG Raven and Beastboy team pack
Cyborg fun pack
Scooby Doo team pack
Jurassic World team pack
Harry Potter team pack
Dr. Who level pack
Jay or Sensei Wu fun pack
Cragger fun pack

Those suggestions are based on maxing out available abilities to solve puzzles, most content and unlocked worlds. If you have a PS4 you wanna try and get the Supergirl core game set as well because she had quite a few exclusive puzzles in the later games.

Unfortunately from a fig collecting perspective you are going to want to get damn near all of them. While the content in later packs was boring and rehashed the figs were exclusive iconic characters like ET, Gremlins, Mr. T, Knight Rider, hey you guysss, etc. If you have OCD it’s a black hole.

It is also super tiny.

Really, the click wheel style joints like the AT-AT and Chima Mammoth set used would be ideal for stable mech knees on larger ones.

Thats the thing, I was using those for one mod. But since they are so big and have three technic pins on each end they made the legs two modules longer they were before. Which made the fire mech look awkward and too lanky. So youd have to have massive legs for it to work, like in the AT AT, or my mecha townhouse.

Wouldn't the cheapest option for just experiencing the content be to buy just the discs off Bricklink? If you didn't about the figures?

Chell's disc is current twenty five cents on Bricklink. The entire pack goes for 5-10 dollars on BL.

Thats the thing, I was using those for one mod. But since they are so big and have three technic pins on each end they made the legs two modules longer they were before. Which made the fire mech look awkward and too lanky. So youd have to have massive legs for it to work, like in the AT AT, or my mecha townhouse.
I wonder if using some of the tiny tension gears from Technic might work. Those tiny 1x1 gears. Have a few lined up and they do have good tension.

Ponn

Banned
Wouldn't the cheapest option for just experiencing the content be to buy just the discs off Bricklink? If you didn't about the figures?

Chell's disc is current twenty five cents on Bricklink. The entire pack goes for 5-10 dollars on BL.

As a Lego collector it sounds weird to not want the figs. Yea you can do that just make sure to get some of the blank discs for the vehicle builds you will need like the time machine, Tardis and gyro thing from Jurassic world. Buying just the character discs is a good suggestion for figs you may already own but their abilities come in handy like Cyborg or Wonder Woman. Unfortunately the later waves were full of exclusive figs.

Koren

There aren't any greens those are all available in. The only "vibrant" colors showing up as available for all the parts are plain red and blue, and both look awful. Tan would be the best I could do for a lighter color.
I think blue is OK... though I went Sand blue because it's really my favorite beside the original color.

The issue with tan is it's more neutral (but still good), and there's already several tan buildings.

If you're deciding on color, you should check this (several real pictures in sand blue, white, ping, dark red and plently of renders in like three dozen variants)

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/116624-other-coloured-grocers/

As a Lego collector it sounds weird to not want the figs. Yea you can do that just make sure to get some of the blank discs for the vehicle builds you will need like the time machine, Tardis and gyro thing from Jurassic world. Buying just the character discs is a good suggestion for figs you may already own but their abilities come in handy like Cyborg or Wonder Woman. Unfortunately the later waves were full of exclusive figs.

I feel like I'm one of the few Lego collectors that doesn't give a fuck about mini figures. I skip them in reviews and have saved money on some older sets on bricklink by getting versions without any minifigs. Don't get me wrong I have some minifigs I think are cool and have fun posing them on modular buildings but the sets are way more important to me. It's always annoying reading a review where they talk about the figures for half the video and take points off since nothing is exclusive or something

DBT85

I feel like I'm one of the few Lego collectors that doesn't give a fuck about mini figures. I skip them in reviews and have saved money on some older sets on bricklink by getting versions without any minifigs. Don't get me wrong I have some minifigs I think are cool and have fun posing them on modular buildings but the sets are way more important to me. It's always annoying reading a review where they talk about the figures for half the video and take points off since nothing is exclusive or something

I don't care other than wanting the ones that come in whatever set up buy. I've no interest in just buying individual figs. It's a swizz just like other "cheap" collectibles. Soon not cheap at all.

Koren

Most of the time, I also don't care, though There's a couple characters I'm happy to have in minifig form (like Beetlejuice)

Best minifig series for me was the monsters one, to fill the haunted house ;)

Ponn

Banned

Hey no, you’re just sane. Be thankful you don’t care about them, my Lego investment would be half of what it is if I didn’t care about the figs. Especially the Batman stuff.

DonShula

I have a metric ton of Dimensions figures just hiding away in a cabinet. Had never considered displaying them.

I really wish TT would release a final patch to unlock all the content and characters without the base. A pipe dream, but I can hope. Been playing Lego City Undercover on Switch and am enjoying it despite it running worse than it probably should.

Koren

Damn, this time, I'll most probably bite... I especially love the red one in the picture...

Batman is really nice, too (btw, I forgot about the Joker one, is the OoS "final"? I see that older stuff came back in stock, so...)

wetwired

Damn, this time, I'll most probably bite... I especially love the red one in the picture...

Batman is really nice, too (btw, I forgot about the Joker one, is the OoS "final"? I see that older stuff came back in stock, so...)

Yeah joker will be back when this stuff all goes up for sale hopefully this weekend

wetwired

that's well sweet, any plans to do his robot suit (or his hilarious old man mohawk)?

Hah, no, that's for you to make :)

Hopefully...not for my bank.

How will you sell chrome specimen?

Joker will definitely be back for sale this weekend, I'll post some new pics of the spacemen soon, that above pic is a bit rubbish now looking at these new ones I just took

They'll be in packs of 2 colours (green and purple together for example) via my website (waller customs)

Koren

They'll be in packs of 2 colours (green and purple together for example) via my website (waller customs)
Well, I know well your website, i'm already a triple-returning consumer...

I guess $40 for a pack of two chrome spacemen? (that's a bit harsh, but well... spacemen are my childhood. I just hope I'll like one of the color pairs)

Edit: OK, sold on red+blue (and probably Batman + Joker)... I almost want all of them but... maybe copper/titanium later.

You're a devil (especially when I think your ghostbusters car is one of the reasons, alongside R2D2 and haunted house, that made me exit my dark ages) ;)

By the way, is it possible to ship those assembled? Not that it's that difficult, but I've gotten some tiny scratches in some previous minifigs, and I think it's because parts scrub against each other during shipping... It's definitively not a big issue (just OCD) but with chrome ones, I fear it could be more obvious...

Top Bottom