• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO The Hobbit confirmed for XB1, 360, PS4, PS3, PSV, Wii U, 3DS, PC, Mac (Q2 2014)

L~A

Warner Bros Interactive just confirmed that a LEGO The Hobbit video game would be released in Spring 2014 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, Xbox 360, 3DS, PC, and Mac.

Apparently, the game will be based on the first two movies, and will have a lot of playable characters : Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey, alongside all of the dwarves: Thorin, Fíli, Kíli, Óin, Glóin, Dwalin, Balin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Nori, and Ori.

Some of the locations present in the game : Bag End, Hobbiton, The Misty Mountains, Goblin-town, Mirkwood, and Rivendell.

Finally, here's some pics :

MZRJXay.jpg

ozmHjEVh.jpg

zYZzlPFh.jpg

sGnvCNFh.jpg

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
weeeell....I enjoyed a lot City Undercover, and I'm planning to pick Marvel up later on at a budget price. Don't know if interested in this one

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Haven't watched The Hobbit, so although I usually go all out on LEGO games I think I'll give this one a miss. I enjoyed LEGO LotR though.

Jb

Only the first two movies? That's pretty dumb. I understand timing wise they need to get one Lego game out every year but that's not a very appealing proposition.

L~A

Genuinely surprised there's a Wii U version.

Why? There's always been LEGO games on Nintendo consoles, don't remember the last time there wasn't one. Besides, it's probably just a straight port of the X360 version.

Added first pics to the OP, by the way.

alterno69

Banned
sick of lego movie games

lego TMNT
lego simpsons
lego looney tunes
lego Mario

come on like

They're all good games so i don't see the problem. I'm playing through Marvel Heroes with my 7 year old son and it is a good game, not great but good and the amount of character and content in general is great.

coldfoot

Banned
Will be interesting to compare the Vita version with the PS4 version running on Vita. I believe this is the first such game to have separate PS4 and Vita versions, right?

Loxley

LEGO The Hobbit 2/3

Come back for the next game to experience the full story!

All yours for full RRP!

Wouldn't be the first time.

j5ot.jpg
s7i7.jpg

qorx.jpg
6ul9.jpg

Granted LEGO LotR, Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean did include events from each film, but trying to get everything they can out of each IP is what Traveler's Tales does. I agree it sucks, but I'm not the least-bit surprised.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A THIRD PARTY GAME ON WII U

dance-of-joy-o.gif

ALLES IST VERGESSEN NINTENDO

LOL

It's nice for those with just WiiU's but even a modestly good PC will spank current gen consoles with games like this.

I sure as hell hope it's not a full 60 dollar release. And for the love of Pete, when are they going to add online co op to these games?

Ridley327

Will be interesting to compare the Vita version with the PS4 version running on Vita. I believe this is the first such game to have separate PS4 and Vita versions, right?

I think Flower beat it to the punch.

It's gonna be weird to see the Vita SKU being a 3DS up-port when you can play the full game on it via Remote Play.

Ridley327

Ironically, a Wii version could have sold more than Wii U/Vita versions.

IIRC, TT mentioned during the reveal of LEGO Marvel Superheroes that they felt that it was time to finally move on from the Wii hardware since their ambitions outstripped the hardware. I know my brothers have gotten previous titles on the Wii, and they keep mentioning to me that they kept getting glitchier and glitchier.

Lego Marvel is fantastic so I'll take a look at this.

Usually stay away from these games as they are pretty dull pretty quick, but they got it good with Lego Marvel.

Vashetti

Banned

j5ot.jpg
s7i7.jpg

I suppose I'm biased on this one because I love HP, but I think these two justify having separate games.

Fantastic amount of content in both. Four films for each game.

Two Hobbit films for one game, and then the other film to fill out another game. Doesn't sit right with me.

Not too excited for this myself, but really looking forward to playing it with the wifey n the kid. Hopefully it wont have that god awful split camera that was in lego Pirates.

Reason why it's the first two films is most likely because Lego Hobbit products initially were only planned for two films like it was originally planned. They may have been too deep into production to implimented the third in time.. Or at least have something ready while the brand is still hot.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Liked Pirates of the Caribbean and Chronicles of Narnia installments the most. I know Chronicles of Narnia technically weren't Lego games, but they were pretty much exact same game anyway.

Should've never included voice acting.

Hoodbury

Why? There's always been LEGO games on Nintendo consoles, don't remember the last time there wasn't one. Besides, it's probably just a straight port of the X360 version.

Well, Lego LOTR wasn't on Wii-U. And this is Lego Hobbit. So yeah.

I'll get it. Still wish I could get Lego LOTR too though.

Tucah

you speak so well
They really couldn't wait another year and release a version with the whole thing? I loved Lego LOTR but I'll pass on this.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

j5ot.jpg
s7i7.jpg

qorx.jpg
6ul9.jpg

Granted LEGO LotR, Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean did include events from each film, but trying to get everything they can out of each IP is what Traveler's Tales does. I agree it sucks, but I'm not the least-bit surprised.

As mentioned before the Harry Potter games cover 4 films each and the Star Wars games cover 3 films each. The Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean and LotR games cover entire trilogies (Pirates has 4 too) and complete the "story" of the game. They don't leave the main thread of the plot hanging. This is more to do with whoever it is that owns the film rights not wanting anything getting spoiled for the third film than anything else, but they still should have waited to release them all together. If there were another two films coming then it might be comparable to the Harry Potter series, but there isn't. They're stretching the one remaining film to fit an entire game, whereas every single movie license released previously has had at least three films covered.

Top Bottom