• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leguna's DREAM TEAM kicked to f'ing curb by GAF MASTERS

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I was just trying to list the top players in addition to the original 6... sorry for not being clear.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Who are SEMBE and Sicher? They're pretty good, unless they post under different GAF nicks. I know BuddyChrist has stated some interest as well.

If we agree to a rematch, I think we should have a 7 Man Wrecking Crew with three or four reserves, just in case something crazy happens that they're forced to drop out.

Fifty

Sicher is Lemming. My Gamertag is Che Guevara, since I'm sure many people who I've played with haven't made the connection between my tag and my name here.

Nutter

Dopeyfish
Lyte Edge
Wario 64
DaAnswer3
Nutter Butter 700
OpIvy
Mr. lemming
Wellington

IF these 8 Players were to play together in Clan Matches We would Own.

Chipopo

Banned
Fifty said:
Sicher is Lemming. My Gamertag is Che Guevara, since I'm sure many people who I've played with haven't made the connection between my tag and my name here.

Ahhh....It was pleasure assaulting with you today.

Willco

Hollywood Square
As I said, we should really assemble the top 10 or 11 players and assign THE MAGNIFICENT SE7EN to the final roster, with the other three or four being reserves.

The goal would to reach some sort of compromise with leguna regarding the rematch within 24 hours, giving the THE MAGNIFICENT SE7EN and the reserves a couple of days to practice.

We would benefit from focusing on a certain map and customized settings, as we would get to control both for one match, and exploiting it in the rematch.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
I knew who you all were, but many don't know me since I'm not as outspoken in the forums. :p

Meier

haha I had to go out tonight so I missed this while it was happening. What a trip, that first game was an absolute thrashing. Would love to see a Team Slayer match. :lol :lol

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Meier said:
haha I had to go out tonight so I missed this while it was happening. What a trip, that first game was an absolute thrashing. Would love to see a Team Slayer match. :lol :lol

To be honest, I think they (I Suck at Halo's team) would have a better shot at team slayer.

Willco

Hollywood Square
deadlifter said:
To be honest, I think they (I Suck at Halo's team) would have a better shot at team slayer.

To be honest, I think leguna's team will be destroyed within minutes if it was Team Slayer. CTF presents a challenge, as it requires teamwork by both teams and not individual effort/talent. If that were the case, this would not even be worth playing.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Nevermind i'm talking out of my ass :lol

I'll say their chances of winning are about equal in either setting, since they can't seem to be organized as a team and they had half the kills GA did in game 1.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I haven't seen the GAF crew lose in team slayer whenever we play optimatch, so I don't think they would have an advantage

Willco

Hollywood Square
Quite frankly, if there is to be a sanctioned rematch, I hope leguna and I reach a compromise within 24 hours, as he strikes me as the kind of individual that will go out and buy professional Halo players or some such shit for a rematch. He's a wildcard that our clan needs a couple of days to prepare for.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Willco said:
Quite frankly, if there is to be a sanctioned rematch, I hope leguna and I reach a compromise within 24 hours, as he strikes me as the kind of individual that will go out and buy professional Halo players or some such shit for a rematch. He's a wildcard that our clan needs a couple of days to prepare for.

Damn right, I wouldn't put it past him to cheat again.

Dilbert

OMG. I only wish Leguna -- uh, I mean "I Suck At Halo" -- played UT2k4 so I could join up with a GAF team. <SIGH>

Good job, guys!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
apparently you ladies forgot about the triforce of halo 2!

fmt
dmczaf
matrix

the only ones who can beat us are ourselves! lets roll brothers!

We even made Ramirez suck ass, we're so bad that we make the best GAF players suck! Play with us, everyone!

LukeSmith

Once you guys get everything set up for the rematch. I'll be one of your practice dummies. To test your strats on. I'll bring all of TeamJesus with me. Check the stats online :)

Willco said:
Who are SEMBE and Sicher? They're pretty good, unless they post under different GAF nicks. I know BuddyChrist has stated some interest as well.

If we agree to a rematch, I think we should have a 7 Man Wrecking Crew with three or four reserves, just in case something crazy happens that they're forced to drop out.

i fuckin own SEMBE all the time....but me and him tend to go back and forth. we just tend to run into each other all the fuckin time for some reason. he is Teh Sparring partna

Mr. Lemming said:
Well since its CTF, stats don't really matter... and we can see who killed the spectator in the postgame stats anyway. The only issue I see with there being a spectator are that it would be mistaken for a real player, so we would have to make sure both teams know about the position of the spectator before hand. On some maps getting totally out of the way will be easier than others. Like Zanzibar the player can chill out in the water on the beach... Coagulation on the other hand generally has the entire map in play, so finding a suitable hiding spot could be difficult.

actually, a better idea is just to put them on a different color team thats tottally different from the others (i dont think this is possible in CTF (unless its 4 flag CTF)..but if they do like a Team slayer thing, this would def. work and reason I bring up team slayer is cause someone else did.)

DMczaf said:
We even made Ramirez suck ass, we're so bad that we make the best GAF players suck! Play with us, everyone!

yea but you guys pwn me at DOA u =/

and yea, im with whoever else said that gaf should do some team slayer against the "dream team" also.

peace

Willco said:
An hour after I beat him, I started wondering if I would have to decline any invites from any of his cousins, just in case he drove over to their houses in an effort for redemption with that death threat uttering mod.

I think it would be nice if the added "spectator player" could do a video capture. I suppose that might interfere with the match though..

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
have the spectator sport a smiley face icon and just drive around in a ghost like a golf marshall.

levious said:
have the spectator sport a smiley face icon and just drive around in a ghost like a golf marshall.

lol.. it would show bias but I was thinking the sad face but red. Although the ghost idea is a good one, it could screw with the team balance, so I'd knick it.

Oh and the vid capture is also a good idea. I'd be happy to volunteer my time to do the honors if anyone cares, (PC and XBox are just a chair swivel away), but I would not be able to do any vid capturing.

rastex

Banned
Ya, SEMBE is another top player that I've seen. Haven't played with him too recently, but last week he was consistently at the top of the 16 player GAF games we had.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
rastex said:
Ya, SEMBE is another top player that I've seen. Haven't played with him too recently, but last week he was consistently at the top of the 16 player GAF games we had.

just played several hours with the guy, we (the team) kicked ass literally all night long :)

john tv

legOWNED.jpg

Daigoro

I Suck At Halo said:
TO ALL:
Sorry, NO video capture was taken. Everyone was too impatient for me to set that up.

anyone else get the feeling that if he won, the video would've been up faster then you can say "PWN"? :lol

manngc

Denise, you missed the show!

Willco,
I think I can speak for Leguna and say that your conditions for the second match are adequate. I'd also move the a third team play as a Spectator that will RECORD/capture the match. Do you think we could find one that could do this? It was also take a good bit of setting up (Where will the spectar stand, any flag stuff) but the resulting video would be hella fun to watch! I need some information on how we can set that up. Also, what maps should be used. I'd venture to say that we should simply use the default CTF rules (unless the motion tracker really bothers people).

Oh, and speaking of the cheating stuff...that was my fault. I had made a custom rules game to mimic Halo one's rules which had flag runners use vehicles. I literally wasn't sure if I had it turned on (you have to make a custom version as it's not a quick options if I remember correctly) until I jumped on the banshee with the flag for that one capture.

The only game of the night that was part of Leguna's ego trip was the first one on Zanzabar...and we got owned horribly. It was 5 (leguna) v 6 (GA) and flag runners could operate vehicles (which unknowingly gave GA a big advantage as all the vehicles were beside them at start). Any following games were done on my terms as I knew we needed to scale back the handicap, so I changed the map to Coag and turned on Even teams (I think, I actually don't remember this)....

Anyway, Wednesday night sound like it's going to be fun. :)

Mann

AWWWW It's on now!

Again, I'll put myself up in the 'glad to report' camp. As I said before, I don't think I'd be able to do the capturing, but I can check with a friend who might be able to hook me up there. If no one else has a readily available solution I'll look into it.

manngc

Like I said before, we need to come to a conclusion on where the Spectator is going to stand so that he can:
1. Get a decent view of most of the map for capturing reasons.
2. Not get in the way of the 2 teams playing.

For example, where is Zanzabar is there a good look out point?

Oh, I just thought of a decent way for the spectator to signal when he is in position. Throw his grenade. The match will begin when the spectator's grenade explodes. Sound good?

Mann

Willco

Hollywood Square
Huzzah! As soon as leguna or yourself give us a time to work around for Wednesday, I'll setup a separate topic so this can be locked and archived.

I have no qualms with having the spectator record and I'm sure one our resident forum members, perhaps not allied with our prestigious clan, has the camera and talent to tape and record the match.

I think if that's the case, we need to designate safe combat zones for the third party and some kind of point penalty system for those who kill him if it is not an accident.

manngc

Willco,
We should shoot for a 9pm EST game. Best 2 of 3 CTF. Preferably have only Central or EST players to minimize any lag issues...come wednesday night there are going to be a lot a people (me, leguna, and 2-3 guests) using the same DSL connection (hopefully this won't be an issue).

Mann

Hooker

Man, I'm this close to buying an Xbox and HALO2 just to participate in the asskicking... and I DESPISE (!!!) HALO/2

LukeSmith

Hooker said:
Man, I'm this close to buying an Xbox and HALO2 just to participate in the asskicking... and I DESPISE (!!!) HALO/2

It wouldn't be GAF if there wasn't a troll, would it? Ban.

Anyway, so is it confirmed GAF accounts are on the line this time? What are the stakes?

Ramirez

:lol :lol

There's that rock up above one of the bases that can only be reached by Banshee that might work for the spectator...it would be very far away though as far as seeing the other base.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
manngc said:
Willco,
We should shoot for a 9pm EST game. Best 2 of 3 CTF. Preferably have only Central or EST players to minimize any lag issues...come wednesday night there are going to be a lot a people (me, leguna, and 2-3 guests) using the same DSL connection (hopefully this won't be an issue).

Mann

I must be at your house for this.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Lyte Edge said:
I must be at your house for this.

And betray the GAF clan?

By the way, I'm going to grab a burger, but I'm almost done finalizing the terms and conditions, talking to GAF Elders and then I will post the rematch topic.

Lyte Edge

Willco said:
And betray the GAF clan?

By the way, I'm going to grab a burger, but I'm almost done finalizing the terms and conditions, talking to GAF Elders and then I will post the rematch topic.

I AM TEH DOUBEL AGENT HAR HAR

Who says I can't be over there playing on the GAF team? What are you talking about? :) I can also provide a summary of their reactions in much more detail that way,

One thing though: Leguna was telling me yesterday that he was so pissed off at his brother Mann for muting him that he will "never play on his team in Halo 2 ever again."

Ramirez

And I say we do different match types,like one CTF,one Team Slayer, one Assault, and one 1 Flag CTF.

And none of that bullshit with being able to drive a vehicle and have the flag.

Lyte Edge

Ramirez said:
And I say we do different match types,like one CTF,one Team Slayer, one Assault, and one 1 Flag CTF.

And none of that bullshit with being able to drive a vehicle and have the flag.

That sounds better to me. I don't mind being able to use a vehicle when you have the flag so long as everyone actually *knows* this option is on and also that Banshees are turned off. :p

manngc said:
For example, where is Zanzabar is there a good look out point?
Mann

On the very top of the seawall, you can overlook both the Beach and the courtyard area. The only part that would be obscured would be the inner base, and if we have a second spectator we could throw him in there on the little ledges on the back wall.

Edit: I'm willing to spectate and possibly capture the match if I'm around the day of the match. Everyone is coming home for thanksgiving so I might be merrymaking or something.

Top Bottom