• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leigh Alexander's Actually Good Youtube Videos

Yeah the "gamers are over. Gamers don't have to be your audience."

Anyways turns out she was once sane and actually has good taste in interactive fiction.

I actually owned Crimson Crown for the C64. I used to love this game. It really had an air of mystery around it.

Here is Ms. Alexander playing the video game adaption of Labyrinth. This game was amazing. Another beloved C64 game.

I actually wish Leigh Alexander played Dallas Quest in full. That was a strange game because it was based off the TV show but led into a more Indiana Jones style of adventure with jungles and cannibals.

Another old graphic adventure game I owned. I couldn't get very far in it.

There is more on her channel I'd recommend checking out.

It's a shame she was or became a relatively nasty individual. Here, she seems have grace, a soothing voice and most of all an excellent amd nostalgic assortment of wonderful interactive fiction games.

I grew up on those games.

Last edited:

Naibel

Leigh actually gained some good reputation among many gamers before GG happened, thanks to well-written, insightful and witty articles about the gaming industry. Those videos clearly show she's no hack when it comes to geekiness (compared to... *cough*... Anita). That's why her "gamers are over" article was all the more disheartening to read at the time.

But yeah, great videos. I'm not a old-school adventure game fan by any means but she really displays her passion for those titles and her voice makes those videos peak comfy. To think she was the one that started that whole clusterfuck...

But hey, there's more to someone's character than meets the eye. You may be the nastiest asshole online but in private (or in very niche videos like here), you display your softer, kinder side. Human beings are certainly strange creatures.

Kuranghi

Yeah, she was legit. Before the dark times...

This is the music I hear in my head when I think about how many people have no concept of critical thinking nowadays:

Not to be too depressing but its probably going to get much worse just before it gets better.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
is this the twilight zone? she was literally part of the first wave of SJWs that hit videogames.

she didnt even hide the fact that she had an agenda.

also remember the time she was hardcore thirsting for brad shoemaker

jhmDBEs.png

she had a bunch of semi-nude pics but i lost them. she did look good if you're into em being a bit thicc which i am. would bang 100% but she was trash. She was actually kicked off videogames by zoe quinn and gang after she complained on twitter about black guys cat-calling her all the time in her shitty neighbourhood.

Last edited:
is this the twilight zone? she was literally part of the first wave of SJWs that hit videogames.

jhmDBEs.png

she had a bunch of semi-nude pics but i lost them. she did look good if you're into em being a bit thicc which i am. would bang 100% but she was trash. She was actually kicked off videogames by zoe quinn and gang after she complained on twitter about black guys cat-calling her all the time in her shitty neighbourhood.

Yeah she's one of the anti-GG Squad - one ofvthe OG SJWs.

I'll still give her the credit of actually knowing of, playing and liking more obscure adventure games that really bring back memories for me.

I used to know a woman on Twitter who I shared a passion with game preservation. Got along with her very well and one day she blocked me because I was "in" Gamergate. She was already aware of it and was a "neutral" herself but then became against it and sided with the more awful anti-GG personalities.

It's amazing (ok maybe not) how people can just drop you like it's nothing. My IRL best friend (formerly?) decided to that to me in October but not for political reasons.

Last edited:

Naibel

Totally agree with you said TeamGhobad TeamGhobad . She has shown many times over the years how much of an asshole, an ideologue and a shameless drunkard she can be. Clearly not someone I would like hanging out with.

BUT it is nice to see when someone you usually "despise" is not completely irredeemable, when the person you always knew as an asshole displays his or her nicer side. It's... refreshing dare I say, and it helps seeing these people as deeply-flawed humans instead of walking caricatures.

Shame about the nude pics :messenger_weary: /jk

Kuranghi

jhmDBEs.png

She retroactively disagreed with what her publisher was publishing so she leaked her book online, what a shitebag she is.

That whole stream is hilarious, she gets so drunk that the others there are visibly cringing on the stream for minutes at a time.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Makes me wonder. If gamers are not the audience, who is? :pie_thinking:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Cultured people with beards who like to read long form essays on esoteric topics and smell their own farts while listening to avant-garde prog rock.
Doesn´t sounds that your average gamer... They'll be selling jack shit then.

I miss the old times man. ;~;

Umbral

I remember liking some stuff she wrote about Metal Gear Solid many years ago. I may hate it now, but I thought it was great.

She is off the deep end now, it seems. It’s a shame.

Irobot82

I remember liking some stuff she wrote about Metal Gear Solid many years ago. I may hate it now, but I thought it was great.

She is off the deep end now, it seems. It’s a shame.
I just glanced at her twitter...yeah.

Weird she is obsessed with Mariah Carrey and I think even deep faked herself into a bunch of gifs of her.

Naibel

I think she missed the child-bearing window and that’s what happened. I don’t think all women should have children, though that’s an extreme minority, but I think the ones who should have and didn’t suffer as a result.

I think we're onto something here... 🤔

Last edited:

Nester99

I think she missed the child-bearing window and that’s what happened. I don’t think all women should have children, though that’s an extreme minority, but I think the ones who should have and didn’t suffer as a result.

She was 35 back when she was relevant so doubtful.

Top Bottom