• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leipzig Games Convention debut for DMC4 on 360

Blimblim

The Inside Track
PR:
CAPCOM TO PREMIERE XBOX 360 VERSION OF DEVIL MAY CRY 4 AT

LEIPZIG GAMES CONVENTION

London 14 August - Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Leipzig Games Convention will mark the global debut of Devil May Cry 4 for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Capcom will also showcase Devil May Cry 4 for Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system. Devil May Cry 4 is scheduled for release this winter; a PC version is also in development.

Showing in Capcom’s dedicated Devil May Cry 4 stand (Stand C02, Hall 2), visitors will be able to play as Nero, the new character in the highly stylized action series that has achieved global sales of close to 7 million units. Devil May Cry 4 also sees the introduction of a new and unique gameplay mechanic to master as players learn to take full advantage of Nero’s Devil Bringer arm and the immensely powerful attacks and non-stop combo techniques it delivers.

“Devil May Cry is one of Capcom’s key brands, “commented Michael Pattison, Senior Marketing Director, CE Europe, “and Leipzig Games Convention provides an excellent opportunity for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers to get hands on experience of the latest addition in the series that defines stylish action.”

As a knight in the Order of Maken, an ancient sect that worships Sparda the devil warrior who saved mankind, Nero has sworn an oath to annihilate all demons; so when Dante bursts in on an important Maken ceremony and slaughters numerous worshippers, Nero assumes Dante must be a demon and launches into a frenzied attack. But will Dante turn out to be the true enemy?

Taking full advantage of the advanced graphical and processing power of the next-gen systems, Devil May Cry 4 draws gamers into the rich and highly detailed world of Fortuna and its surrounds with more enemies than ever before and some of the most breath-taking bosses ever conceived.

Orlics

I can't wait for the inevitable comparison videos where there will be no difference whatsoever, except that one source will be captured in a shittier way.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
If MS plays its hand well and Capcom stays on the fire they have been on for the last couple years, we might get a demo out of this on the marketplace? Pretty please?

Nolan.

I don't think this game is going to sell as much as it probably should given the way they've positioned it. Earlier on in the year it seemed to have more buzz now that seems to have died down due to other things going on.

sankao

AlteredBeast said:
If MS plays its hand well and Capcom stays on the fire they have been on for the last couple years, we might get a demo out of this on the marketplace? Pretty please?
I feel spoilt with demos on the Marketplace right now.

Defuser

Yoboman said:
I noticed nobody cares about this game anymore

Seems fair
Ever since it went multiplatform,the hype and controversy for it went considerably down.
But I'm still interested in it regardless.

Elios83

I'd like to see a new exciting demo because my interest in the game has totally collapsed, I want to see next gen gameplay. But with TGS so close I guess nothing new will be at Leipzig, probably we'll see the PS3 E3 demo and the same playable demo for the first time on Xbox.

llTll

Banned
Elios83 said:
I'd like to see a new exciting demo because my interest in the game has totally collapsed, I want to see next gen gameplay. But with TGS so close I guess nothing new will be at Leipzig, probably we'll see the PS3 E3 demo and the same playable demo for the first time on Xbox.

i think your interest collapsed since it was annouced for xbox 360 :lol

;)

Kydd BlaZe

Really looking forward to this. My hype has diminished quite considerably as well, due to the complete lack of information given these past few months. The fact that this game has been delayed into next year is another factor. I'm still looking forward to this game, however, and can't wait to check out the 360 version next thursday.

the_id

JonathanEx said:
Think Shane Kim will be doing the announcement for this?
Shane Kim: Devil May Cry 4 is coming to xbox360. Yeah, this is the big announcement we wanted to make. Oh wait...

Salazar

Borys said:
Was I the only one who misread the title as "... debut for MGS4 on 360"?

I'm expecting that thread (if and when it is posted and true) to actually make a sound - perhaps the toll of a gigantic bell, or the crack of earth splitting. Leipzig is sounding gradually more cool - this is certainly worth a look, and I recall reading that there are quite a few press-only showings (10tacle - new fantasy game. count me in) planned.

I'm not as familiar with this series as I'd like, but "more enemies than ever before" means that I'm probably going to be fighting an insane amount of bad guys - is that correct ?

Defuser

Razoric said:
It's not just an "EA" thing. Most multiplatform games look better on 360.
You're underestimating Capcom.They already said that their framework engine is highly flexible so they can port games to 360/PS3 easily.

PleoMax

Banned
Would be nice if they showed some new shit. One of the reasons why people don't talk about DMC4 that much is because we haven't seen anything new.

I'm quite pissed at Capcom for delaying the apparently near-complete PS3 version to next year just so they could do a simultaneous release.

This game has totally fell off my radar. I hope they have a good showing, maybe they can release a demo to get me interested again.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Red Blaster said:
I'm quite pissed at Capcom for delaying the apparently near-complete PS3 version to next year just so they could do a simultaneous release.

QFT

why not bring the 360 version later?

Capcom has not Release anything on PS3 yet...This is Madness i tell you

~Devil Trigger~ said:
QFT

why not bring the 360 version later?

Capcom has not Release anything on PS3 yet...This is Madness i tell you
Rest easy; if the PS3 version came out a while back, doubtless the 360 version would have been some Director's Cut with "extra" content... I think we're all better off this way.

Top Bottom