• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leipzig Games Convention

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
jarosh said:
uhm okay. why don't you read 138
Oh god I suck at messageboards. 50 pages? Wow I must own this. Could you maybe take pictures of the most important things; lists of attending publishers and floorplans? That would be so nice. And everything is news to me, I haven't been following the whole GC thing until I found out I was attending :(

Oh and which magazine did it come with?

jarosh

Nino said:
Oh god I suck at messageboards. 50 pages? Wow I must own this. Could you maybe take pictures of the most important things; lists of attending publishers and floorplans? That would be so nice. And everything is news to me, I haven't been following the whole GC thing until I found out I was attending :(

you can find it in various german gaming mags. i got it from 'pc games' and i also got a second one from some nintendo mag (don't remember the name, i don't usually buy print mags). i'll probably scan or take pictures tomorrow. i just discovered that i don't have a camera here. :(

jarosh

HAMBURG:

440px-Germany_Laender_Hamburg.png

it's in the north and it's part of (former) west germany (as stated before)
wooooooooooooo

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
jarosh said:
i'll probably scan or take pictures tomorrow. i just discovered that i don't have a camera here. :(
That would be nice, thanks. I hope I can find a German mag in stores here (the Netherlands), I'd really like to get a hold of that guide. Are you attending Jarogh?

lamotia said:
master is right. I had big expectations last year and I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong - there is going to be new things playable on the show floor but there will be no huge announcements. the expo center is great it's situated 10km out of Leipzig but there are many ways to get to there. The city itself is very dull - for example after 11:00PM it is very hard to find a working restaurant, bar, disco club or whatever. After 11:00PM there are no people on the streets - so you are there for the expo and nothing else.

Um, even in the 40k city I'm living you have like a dozen bars where you can go till atleast 1 in the night during the week, so why shouldn't you find a damn bar in a city with a population of 500.000??

Mr.Ressetti said:
Hamburg still is in the north ask any German who has a brain .

Of course if you ask somebody "Is Hamburg in the north, west, south or east?" he'll say north. But west is not exactly wrong, since it's a "western" state by the still common split between "western" (to which Hamburg belongs) and "eastern" states.

jarosh

Mr.Ressetti said:
Hamburg still is in the north ask any German who has a brain .
OKAY mr. reset, what is your problem? i said hamburg IS in the north and it's also part of (former) west germany.
also, listen to frankfurter, k?
i do know a couple of things about german history and geography. i live close to the german border in a german speaking country.

Mr.Ressetti said:
Oh yeah, Hamburg isn't just a city, its something like a ' State ' .
yeah and it's not "something like a state". it's a federal state (and also a city state).

bud

Wesker said:
This is from www.metalgearsolid.org !!

NEW GC-TRAILERS, CONFIRMED!

Metal Gear fans can expect to enjoy two new MGS trailers around the 23rd of August

Kojima Productions will be showing new trailers for Metal Gear Solid 4 and MGS: Portable Operations at Leipzig Games Convention.

The Leipzig Games Convention, a game show hosted in Germany, formally opens on August 23rd this year showcasing media for upcoming game titles and events. The public may attend the show for four days -- starting on the 24th and ending the 27th.

Our very own site administrator, Otacon, will have the privilege of being able to attend the convention, despite recent forum and blog entries stating it would not be possible. He will be attending the convention holding a press pass representing MGS:TUS.

Stay tuned to Pavel's blog and the main page of TUS for updates on the event!

YESSS BABYYYYYY

reminder

Nino said:

I have the Guide and you know what? I scanned some pages. :D

Cover:

10Tacle Studios / Activision / Atari

Microsoft / Midway / Nintendo

Sony / Ubisoft / Vivendi Games

Floor Plans

And two cool ads for the white PSP :D

segasonic

Nino said:
We're going by car as well for the sake of mobility. Most of the hotels in Leipzig are booked and going to the venue by train every day is expensive and not very handy.
the tram ride from downtown to the convention center is free if you have a convention ticket... and as fast as going by car since the streets will be jammed.

segasonic

Frankfurter said:
Um, even in the 40k city I'm living you have like a dozen bars where you can go till atleast 1 in the night during the week, so why shouldn't you find a damn bar in a city with a population of 500.000??
I don't know ask the Leipzigers. But I experienced the exact same thing there...

We're not living like before 20 Years where Germany was seperate , East and West, DDR...

Hamburg is in the North , theres no such thing as west or east Germany , the times of the Berlin Wall are over.

Anyways don't get so uncomfortbale its just a conversation .

reminder said:
I have the Guide and you know what? I scanned some pages. :D

Cover:

10Tacle Studios / Activision / Atari

Microsoft / Midway / Nintendo

Sony / Ubisoft / Vivendi Games

Floor Plans

And two cool ads for the white PSP :D

Thanks!:D

jarosh

Mr.Ressetti said:
We're not living like before 20 Years where Germany was seperate , East and West, DDR...

Hamburg is in the North , theres no such thing as west or east Germany , the times of the Berlin Wall are over.

you really have no f*cking clue do you?
do you even read the posts you're replying to?
I SAID HAMBURG IS IN THE NORTH AND IT'S PART OF FORMER WEST GERMANY
what the hell is your problem? which part do you disagree with? and yes, germans do VERY MUCH differ between east and west germany. the east and the west are different culturally, they're different people, they refer to each other as "ossis" and "wessis". that's like saying "there's no such thing as west or east coast".

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
That scan says Ubisoft is showing Rayman for Wii, DS, and GBA... so now its Nintendo-exclusive (time), not just Wii? Or mistake?

Saoh

Cosmozone said:
This pamphlet proves again that gaming-related promises cannot be counted on - ever.

ubitrustoh9.jpg

what? Red Steel will probably be shown. either at Ubisoft booth or at Nintendo's booth (more likely).

so, dont count Ubisoft out just yet.

jarosh said:
you really have no f*cking clue do you?
do you even read the posts you're replying to?
I SAID HAMBURG IS IN THE NORTH AND IT'S PART OF FORMER WEST GERMANY
what the hell is your problem? which part do you disagree with? and yes, germans do VERY MUCH differ between east and west germany. the east and the west are different culturally, they're different people, they refer to each other as "ossis" and "wessis". that's like saying "there's no such thing as west or east coast".

Sorry but with that attitude I will not continue this ' Conversation ', with all my respect, Jarosh.

Allen

Mr.Ressetti said:

Seriously, what’s the deal? Yes, Hamburg is in the North but Germans refer to it being in the West due to Cold War Germany. It shouldn’t be confusing and it’s certainly nothing to get your panties in a bunch about.

Shouldn’t you be happy knowing that you’re both right?

On topic: I’m surprised no one if making a bigger deal about Nintendo’s ‘Touch Generations’ move. The logo is on most Nintendo related Leipzig literature I’ve seen thus far which makes it seem obvious that we’ll see the approach premiered on the Wii in Germany.

Oddly, I’m more excited to hear about a new Touch franchise then another franchise update (i.e. Kid Icarus).

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
segasonic said:
the tram ride from downtown to the convention center is free if you have a convention ticket... and as fast as going by car since the streets will be jammed.
We'll probably go by car anyway for the sake of mobility and it can't be that bad, can it?

@Reminder; thanks for the scans!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
they refer to each other as "ossis" and "wessis".

So that's why the germans went "huh"when i said I had been to aussie.

I have learned a thing.

Can someone german-speaking tell me what is written for the "Panini" space? Maybe they'll have games-related comics? I see Halo, Diablo and Sacred writtend at the end of the sentece...

8bit

Knows the Score
Spider_Jerusalem said:
Can someone german-speaking tell me what is written for the "Panini" space? Maybe they'll have games-related comics? I see Halo, Diablo and Sacred writtend at the end of the sentece...

Do you like reading and playing? Awesome, because Panini publishes exciting novels of your favourite games, e.g. Halo, Diablo & Sacred!

jarosh

Spider_Jerusalem said:
they're releasing novels for those games (actual books, not comic books)

ed: damn 8bit

Gc-Freak

Banned
Saoh said:
what? Red Steel will probably be shown. either at Ubisoft booth or at Nintendo's booth (more likely).

so, dont count Ubisoft out just yet.

Called Ubisoft Germany 4 minutes ago and they say Wii titles will only be shown in the press area.

reminder

Spider_Jerusalem said:

Panini Buch/Dino

Death is usually black. As is the PSP. The white reaper is used to point out the contrast between them. The change of something that we have grown used to: black PSP to white.

Top Bottom