• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lemonade is the best non-alchoholic summer drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

As summer closes for us North easterners, I know one of the things I will miss the most is home made lemonade on a hot day. Nothing is beats it.

As a protip, sweeten your lemonade with sugar syrup- an equal part concoction of water and table sugar dissolved via heating and cooled and used to sweeten drinks without the pesky powder that sinks to the bottom. Alternatively, you can use superfine sugar.

lemonade.jpg

What are your favorite lemonade recipes, variations, or even store bought?

Limeade is also boss, but I rarely have limes on deck.

Collete

It's been ages since I had a good lemonade.
It has a nice tang to it with just right amount of sweetness.
Minute maid lemonade is the only decent one I could find store bought though.

However, this summer I was going crazy making watermelon agua frescas.

Once you make fresh agua frescas, you never go back.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't understand American lemonade. It's just lemon juice. Where's the fizz? What do you even call fizzy
real
lemonade?

"You know this lemon juice isn't acidic enough... let's add CO2!"

1_38682127_3.jpg

I don't like beer, but I can actually make it through a bottle of that stuff.. it's that good.

In my search to find out more about American lemonade (such as HOW DO SHANDIES WORK?
still don't have an answer for this
), I've discovered you also refer to apple juice as cider. Is this true? Because if so, what.

Ferrio

Banned
In my search to find out more about American lemonade (such as HOW DO SHANDIES WORK?
still don't have an answer for this
), I've discovered you also refer to apple juice as cider. Is this true? Because if so, what.

Apple juice and Apple Cider are two different things.

-Apple juice is filtered.
-Apple cider isn't filtered.

Hard Apple cider is the alcoholic drink.

Collete

In my search to discover more about American lemonade (such as HOW DO SHANDIES WORK?), I've discovered you also refer to apple juice as cider. Is this true? Because if so, what.

I dunno, as an American I prefer cider to apple juice. But it depends if the apple juice is actually fresh and not from concentrate. Good example of good apple juice instead of cheap apple juice is, Simply Apple. That's good stuff.

Ferrio

Banned
I dunno, as an American I prefer cider to apple juice. But it depends if the apple juice is actually fresh and not from concentrate. Good example of good apple juice instead of cheap apple juice is, Simply Apple. That's good stuff.

Simply Apple + Ginger Vodka = Bliss.

I used to be a lemonade person until I tried limeade and was completely converted.

simply+limeade.jpg

Good stuff right there.

Oh fuck yeah.

And gin & tonic?!?! Had my first last weekend. Oh my god I fell in love. Splash of sweet & sour though I think it was. Can't wait for my next in any event.

homer-drool.jpg

Had some Sunkist Diet Sparkling Lemonade over the last weekend and it really hit the spot. Then someone told me it was caffeinated to boot. It's a magical beverage.

Ruze789

I've been drinking a couple glasses of Newman's Own lemonade with Bacardi Limon in it every night. It's become my new favorite alcoholic summer drink.

i think my taste buds prefer bland shit from eating really healthy to help my workouts; but honestly ice cold water with a little 1/5th slice of a lemon in it does the job for me. i don't like drinking anything that's sweet (either sugar or sugar substitutes) anymore. unless it's getting me drunk then whatever but that's not about taste.

lately if i want a drink treat it's just water with 1/5th of a lemon or a lime

painey

1_38682127_3.jpg

I don't like beer, but I can actually make it through a bottle of that stuff.. it's that good.

As a European.. it's really, really not.

Find a proper lager and some nice English fizzy lemonade and make yourself a proper shandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom