• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

DigSCCP

I MADE TO THE 41!!!
Damnn it feels so good after all this time !
I put over 160h on Let it Die and don't regret one second of it.
Sometimes I felt a lil burnt ( so I put the game aside a lil bit and played some relaxing games like Everybodys Gone to the Rapture and Valiant Heart ) but I always kept the wish to reach the final.
Final battle is cool even tho the boss is OP af !
If it was not for the US1.00 / 10DM I would probably not finish it today.
In the end spent around 10 dollars with the game ( bought the starter pack DM, the one dollar DM, and a item pack ) and they definetly worth it.
Its been a fun ride Senpais, thanks a lot everyone for the tips !
Now I ll drop the game for a while, play some other things while the game gets more content.
DONT GIVE SENPAIS : ITS NOT ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES YOU DIE, ITS ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES YOU TRY !

hyp

I MADE TO THE 41!!!
Damnn it feels so good after all this time !
I put over 160h on Let it Die and don't regret one second of it.
Sometimes I felt a lil burnt ( so I put the game aside a lil bit and played some relaxing games like Everybodys Gone to the Rapture and Valiant Heart ) but I always kept the wish to reach the final.
Final battle is cool even tho the boss is OP af !
If it was not for the US1.00 / 10DM I would probably not finish it today.
In the end spent around 10 dollars with the game ( bought the starter pack DM, the one dollar DM, and a item pack ) and they definetly worth it.
Its been a fun ride Senpais, thanks a lot everyone for the tips !
Now I ll drop the game for a while, play some other things while the game gets more content.
DONT GIVE SENPAIS : ITS NOT ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES YOU DIE, ITS ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES YOU TRY !

congrats, time to grind for all those decals and maxing out weapons and armor :)

Landford

Banned
Life Shrooms took most of the danger of the game out. I kinda welcome it since floors 20+ Are such a difficulty spike even with them.

New event coming soon.

2 Million Maniacs and Climbing!

Event Duration: 2/16/2017 (after maintenance) - 2/23/2017 01:59 (PST)

Less than two weeks into our Asian launch, and we’ve doubled the body count! The Yotsuyama Group would like to share its appreciation by providing some helpful items to increase your odds of survival in the Tower of Barbs.

Part 1: 1 Death Metal Present

*Note: This is one Death Metal that can be claimed any time within the event period.

Part 2: R&D Challenge

During the event period, bring your weapon blueprints and appropriate resources to Chokufunsha in the Waiting Room and start crafting! If you haven’t crafted a single weapon yet, now is your chance! Craft 3 new weapons to claim each reward.

Rewards:
1 Weapon - 1 Day Express Pass x1
2 Weapons - Four-leaf Clover Skill Decal (Increases critical chance by 10%)
3 Weapons - Death Metal x1

NOTES:
*Any 3 new weapon blueprints will suffice. Armor blueprints will not be counted.
*If you have already crafted weapons from blueprints, those will be applied to this event.
*Rewards received will be determined by the number of new weapons crafted. All 3 rewards can be claimed.
*Rewarded items will be delivered to the Reward Box some time after February 17th, 2017.
If your Reward Box is full, you will need to remove some items to make room for your rewards.

Part 3: Premium Decal Rates Increased!
Event Period: 2/17 02:00 (PST) - 2/20 01:59 (PST)

During this period, the following Premium Decals will have a 3x chance to appear when purchasing Mushroom Stew (Premium Decals) at the Mushroom Club:

Barbell - Increases attack by 80%
Serial Killer - Attack increases by 10% for every enemy defeated without taking damage. Stat boosts will stack up to 100% increased attack, but the boost will be reset once damage is received.
Dual Wielding Master - Increases attack by 30% when using the same one-handed weapon in both hands.

*Please note that event duration and content may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.

Of note is the extra chance of Premium Decals this weekend. Maybe I'll finally get Serial Killer? Probably not...

Occam

There is something wrong with the time stated for the current event.

"From 2/17 02:00 to 2/20 01:59 (PST)//08:00 17/2 to 07:59 20/2 (UTC)"

2:00 (presumably am) PST is 10:00am UTC.

Occam

So I bought 15 premium decals during the current event and got none of the three decals (Barbell, Serial Killer, Dual Wielding Master). Instead I got Treasure Hunter, which I guess could be helpful; I'm still relatively low in the game.

In other news, Tokyo beat California in their second fight. How is that even possible, given that California has 10 times as many members? Gotto wonder if they really didn't just fudge the numbers to make the new players happy.

Landford

Banned
Are the 'climb x without dodging' quests still bugged?

They arent, they are very badly worded. When they say "climb from x to y using only x, killing all enemies", you have to clear all enemies from floor x AND Y for it to trigger. I found out that even if a hater kills a normal enemie, it still counts to quest completion.

Floor 34 Boss utterly destroyed me. Lost 5 fighters, a million Kill Coins to ressurect then. Finally will have to live by the game adage and just "Let them Die."

Game its still fucking amazing.

TheBear

They arent, they are very badly worded. When they say "climb from x to y using only x, killing all enemies", you have to clear all enemies from floor x AND Y for it to trigger. I found out that even if a hater kills a normal enemie, it still counts to quest completion.

So the haters can fuck up your run then?

Occam

Purchased another 6 premium decals (that's a total of 21 (!) premium decals bought today), still got none of the 3 rare ones that are supposed to be more frequent at the moment.
The only 4 star rare one I got was Maintenance Staff, btw, which I already had and which is pretty useless anyway (cheaper elevator rides).
Thanks for nothing.

Occam

So, after purchasing a total of 24 premium decals I finally got one of the three rares that are currently appearing at "increased rates" (lol): Dual wielding master. And it only cost me 1.2 million death coins.

Ultimate insult: contrary to this statement "Dual Wielding Master - Increases attack by 30% when using the same one-handed weapon in both hands.", the Dual Wielding Master decal I got says it increases attack by 10%, not 30, which makes it basically useless. WTF? What a waste.

hyp

Purchased another 6 premium decals (that's a total of 21 (!) premium decals bought today), still got none of the 3 rare ones that are supposed to be more frequent at the moment.
The only 4 star rare one I got was Maintenance Staff, btw, which I already had and which is pretty useless anyway (cheaper elevator rides).
Thanks for nothing.

after the previous decal event i stopped participating. i spent millions of coins for nothing expect some duplicates of what i already had. got nothing they advertised as having an increased drop rate.

Endo Punk

Which floor do you need to get to in order to unlock characters that can upgrade past level 50 cap? I have like 10 gold beasts I need to use 😁

Endo Punk

after the previous decal event i stopped participating. i spent millions of coins for nothing expect some duplicates of what i already had. got nothing they advertised as having an increased drop rate.

I can't stop even if I want to. Decal grinding is the best!

k4RydOT.jpg

MdqpJTn.jpg

Occam

I can't stop even if I want to. Decal grinding is the best!

k4RydOT.jpg

I hate you :)
I've now bought 40 pemium decals during the event. That's 2 million death coins.
The only new decal I got was Vampire, which is actually good. All others were dupes.
I'd really like to know what "increased rates" actually means.

Occam

41. Dupe.

Edit: 50 now, only dupes.

2.5 million death coins spent, got neither Barbell nor Serial Killer.

Edit: 60 decals. 3 million death coins spent, got neither Barbell nor Serial Killer.

Edit: Sold a ton of duplicates, bought 5 more, so 65 total, or 3.25 million death coins.
Since you can buy 5,000 death coins for one death metal, this would have cost 650 death metals, and I still didn't get the 4-star rares whose rate was supposed to be increased.

Conclusion: These decal events are a joke. Especially if you don't have a high rank, it's a not worth it.

It wasn't a total waste for me since I got several unrelated decals since Friday I didn't have before: Super Shock Absorber, Ninja Master, Treasure Hunter, Vampire, Five-leaf Clover, Firefighter, Maintenance Staff.

TheBear

I'm upto Level 13 and haven't spent any money (playing off and on since launch).
Am I going to hit a paywall soon? I always have about 10 DM on hand

Occam

https://youtu.be/Rs68FD3i8YU

First time this happened to me ��

That means your waiting room is currently being attacked. To pass the time until the attack ends, you fight a copy of yourself while naked and unarmed. If you do damage, you get SPL.

----------------------------------

I haven't seen it mentioned here: Let it Die is getting two physical editions in Asia in early March. One with Chinese subtitles, and one in Japan called Uncle Prime edition.

game-0017525dtrxp.jpg

Japanese Uncle Prime Edition:

[Set Contents]
-PS4 LET IT DIE
[Uncle Prime Edition Bonus]
-Death metal x100
-Express pass for 1 month x2
-Premium decal
-Jungle machete x1
-Antipersonnel pick x1
-Thief crossbow x1

My guess is that the extras are a single-use DLC code for JP PSN; obviously the disc is Japanese region, too. Presumably this would mean having to start over using a Japanese account. While I would really like to have it in my collection, there is no way I'll start again after so much grinding.

I'm starting to think some balancing in base defense needs to be in the next major patch.

Obviously the Cleaver Saber needs to be nerfed, I swear the fact the AI can do a 7 hit combo with it must be some kind of glitch, but that's not what I mean.

I think base defense should be adjusted so that only 2 of a certain weapon are allowed to be equipped by all defenders.
so no more than 2 people can have Sabers, same with all other weapons.

I can defeat saber enemies easily now but I am so bored of seeing people with 9 Saber users as defenders. Limit all weapons so no more than 2 of each weapon can be used by all defenders.

Also IP limit people to their own continent so California and Tokyo don't get unfairly overpowered

Doomshine

So is Tokyo top dog now? California lost again and it says they have over 7000 people now.

I also got raided 8 times by the same person from Tokyo, someone called "Second-Raid" lol.

Ok, I seriously need help here, this is doing my head in.

is the quest from the rank 2 area skill limit 003 aka quest 150 bugged?
I feel like i've done it multiple times and it has never registered

have any of you done it?
has anyone made a video of them doing the quest or willing to make one?

i have googled this specific quest and found nothing on it, so either i'm somehow constantly faliing it or no one has done it and no one is complaining about it

Baliis

I'm upto Level 13 and haven't spent any money (playing off and on since launch).

Isn't really a pay wall that I ever hit. I did buy like the $5 pack of medals or whatever just because but I mostly just upgraded my storage with those. There wasn't really anything game changing that you can buy with metals anyways and all of the bosses are fairly straightforward with proper preparation.

Occam

Ok, I seriously need help here, this is doing my head in.

is the quest from the rank 2 area skill limit 003 aka quest 150 bugged?
I feel like i've done it multiple times and it has never registered

have any of you done it?
has anyone made a video of them doing the quest or willing to make one?

i have googled this specific quest and found nothing on it, so either i'm somehow constantly faliing it or no one has done it and no one is complaining about it

I haven't done that quest. Since they were bugged at first (if a hater killed any enemies the quest automatically failed; this has since been fixed afaik) I just forgot about all "climb from x to y and do z" quests.

Ricker

Yep...same here,not enough space,getting hard and expensive,waiting room attacks even when you are not playing etc etc...I rather leave stuff in the reward box then pull it out lol.

I haven't done that quest. Since they were bugged at first (if a hater killed any enemies the quest automatically failed; this has since been fixed afaik) I just forgot about all "climb from x to y and do z" quests.
Yeah some quests are still bugged by there's no info on this specific quest as to whether it's bugged or not, I'm hoping someone on here knows if it's bugged or not. I'm thinking it is.

Cynn

So is Tokyo top dog now? California lost again and it says they have over 7000 people now.

I also got raided 8 times by the same person from Tokyo, someone called "Second-Raid" lol.
Holy shit Tokyo beat Cali? I've been away for a week or so. Things are changing.

I'm gonna do a test run tomorrow, I'm gonna go up all the 4 floors in that quest and purposefully wait for the jackals to spawn on each floor. If they do and I still don't get the mission complete notification then the quest has to be bugged.
Jackals only spawn after you have defeated all the enemies on a floor. Them spawning does not effect missions btw.

Big event with new gear incoming!

Event Period: Event begins immediately following the 2/23 maintenance.
Areas affected: 12F – 20F

Hey, senpai!
How far up the tower have you been able to climb?

Have you heard?
Some mysterious Haters carrying some crazy new gear called the “Yotsuyama CHARGERS” are rumored to have invaded the tower! I’ve got some intel on what they’ll be using against you and what you may be able to get from them!

There’s a wicked weapon so sharp, your enemies won’t know what hit’em. That is, until they try to run away and realize their top and bottom halves aren’t connected anymore! They call it the Chainsaw Viper!

And if you really want to fit in with this wacky, post-apocalyptic world, why not try on the ultimate uniform:
Apocalyptic Hockey Mask, Apocalyptic Hockey Body, and Apocalyptic Hockey Pants! Sporty and TOUGH.

Snag all 4 if you can!

The only way to get these goodies is to defeat the Haters named “YTYM@CHARGERS” that show up wearing that gear. They’ve been known to hang out in the Arcade area (12F – 20F), and may drop a blueprint if you’re lucky. The only way to get all 4 is to hunt them down and beat’em up til they drop what you want! Hopefully you get them all before they decide to leave!

Good luck, senpai. You’re gonna need it!

Sincerely,
(@益@)ゞ

Note:
*Only the Haters named “YTYM@CHARGERS” using the gear described above have a chance to drop the new blueprints.
*The CHARGERS will only appear in floors 12 – 20 and are not guaranteed to drop the items.
*Please note that event duration and content may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.

Back

jengo

That means your waiting room is currently being attacked. To pass the time until the attack ends, you fight a copy of yourself while naked and unarmed. If you do damage, you get SPL.

----------------------------------

I haven't seen it mentioned here: Let it Die is getting two physical editions in Asia in early March. One with Chinese subtitles, and one in Japan called Uncle Prime edition.

game-0017525dtrxp.jpg

Japanese Uncle Prime Edition:

[Set Contents]
-PS4 LET IT DIE
[Uncle Prime Edition Bonus]
-Death metal x100
-Express pass for 1 month x2
-Premium decal
-Jungle machete x1
-Antipersonnel pick x1
-Thief crossbow x1

My guess is that the extras are a single-use DLC code for JP PSN; obviously the disc is Japanese region, too. Presumably this would mean having to start over using a Japanese account. While I would really like to have it in my collection, there is no way I'll start again after so much grinding.

Yeah I figured it's JP PSN linked...I wanted to support the JP release since I'm living here, but having played so much of the Global version, I don't want to start over either. Ho hum

Melchiah

Also only now realized there was a free PS+ pack with free items.

Thanks for the heads up.

I just started playing the game yesterday, and reached the first elevator. Is there a reason for why it only opens up briefly, and can't seemingly be opened again? The same applies to the waiting room. The doors opened when I approached it, but didn't open again when I didn't went inside immediately.

I also sent another fighter on an expedition two times, and was actually surprised that she came back both times, considering she wasn't levelled up.

Any tips for a beginner, other than using your fists?

EDIT: What would be a good time to use the Express Pass I got from the free PS+ pack, and is there an expiration for it?

Thanks for the heads up.

I just started playing the game yesterday, and reached the first elevator. Is there a reason for why it only opens up briefly, and can't seemingly be opened again? The same applies to the waiting room. The doors opened when I approached it, but didn't open again when I didn't went inside immediately.

I also sent another fighter on an expedition two times, and was actually surprised that she came back both times, considering she wasn't levelled up.

Any tips for a beginner, other than using your fists?

EDIT: What would be a good time to use the Express Pass I got from the free PS+ pack, and is there an expiration for it?

any time except today as the game is going down for 12 hour maintenance

dont use death metals if you die, if you character had a load of stuff you want to salvage pay at the freezer to retrieve them. otherwise go a defeat them (they loose all everything this way though)

only use death metals imo once you have gone above floor 30 or during a boss you almost killed. What you should use them for is storage upgrading.

also you are referring to the golden elevator, thats exclusive to exprass pass users

Melchiah

any time except today as the game is going down for 12 hour maintenance

dont use death metals if you die, if you character had a load of stuff you want to salvage pay at the freezer to retrieve them. otherwise go a defeat them (they loose all everything this way though)

only use death metals imo once you have gone above floor 30 or during a boss you almost killed. What you should use them for is storage upgrading.

Thanks for the tips. When is the maintenance scheduled to begin?

I guess I made a mistake of using 2 Death Metals to increase the inventory space. How much does salvaging cost?

Top Bottom