• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Melchiah

FYI, players were granted 280k Kill Coins today to compensate for connection issues. Until the fix arrives in late May, salvage costs nothing.

r0jTScu.jpg

I was surprised when I reached the fist mastery level 18, that the attack power increased by 225%!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did they make the grind for materials any less of a chore?? I want to get back into this, but I'm in no rush to run those annoying loops forever for 1 drop.

HOLY SHIT

They're giving away 280,000 KC to anyone who registered before April 26th as part of an apology due to server issues.

I literally had all my fighters dead and only about 4000 kc in the bank as of yesterday.

tumblr_lyc51tCVGv1r03eaxo1_400.gif

Yuuuup.

It's free basically until they fix the server issue in late May. So like a month of free salvage.

There's nothing to lose going on high floor runs right now. I'm going to go fucking ham.

Holy fucking shit, this is like when the Jackals got pulled. Time to give this another shot

Melchiah

I just hit lvl 20 in Fists a couple minutes ago.

Attack is buffed to 355%

Well, damn.

I spent all the coins on premo decals.

0 new decals ��

��

Same here, and I was also disappointed with what I got. =/

I'm keeping all my money in the Reward Box ain't nobody gonna take these KC away.

Do the rewards stay in the box indefinitely?

EDIT: I just beat Max Sharp, and finally unlocked grade 2 characters. Then I moved on to floor 12, and was suprised that some the regular enemies there can kill me almost instantly. The bastard ran and swung a blade faster than any enemy I've encountered before. The free salvage is sure going to come handy there.

Doomshine

Do the rewards stay in the box indefinitely?
Yes, don't take anything out of it unless you're going to use it or you need to clear some space.

So they finally changed it so you close the rolodex with circle lol. I still don't know why the hell it was square, but I'm so used to it by now.

Justified

Been months since I played decided to re-download and jump in.

Holy shit I click game start and its been loading or something for like 2 hours almost

Melchiah

Yes, don't take anything out of it unless you're going to use it or you need to clear some space.

So they finally changed it so you close the rolodex with circle lol. I still don't know why the hell it was square, but I'm so used to it by now.

Damn, I could have saved the Kill Coins then. Oh well.

Heh. That was a welcome little change. I was always trying to close it with circle.

Word on the street is the free salvage is ending tomorrow.

Gotta try and beat Coen on 34 tonight.

Fun while it lasted! No more suiciding to save elevator costs lol

Doomshine

yeah, I made sure I got the last boss done before it ended. Now all I'm doing is upgrading for shits and giggles until they add new floors. I almost have everything upgraded up to the black metals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LetItDie/comments/6d6n85/holy_shit_yukiyoshi_gyaku/

Black and Red metals now offered in the wandering shop!

Thanks god I saved all that money they gave out last month.

Also resurrects are still free apparently.

update is 2gb

Patch notes:

Ver 1.13 (May 24, 2017)

Events:
1. Tectonic Terror: Gyakufunsha now appears on Fridays

New Features:
1. Added new mushrooms and beasts:
– MUSHROOM: Umbrella Rib Fungus
– MUSHROOM: Boleoshroom
– MUSHROOM: False Brainshroom
– MUSHROOM: Ricebowl Shroom
– MUSHROOM: Cateye Shroom
– BEAST: Goggly Boleo

Adjustments:
1. Made Adjustments to the 11F map by making a fix to the route leading to the mid-boss.

2. Toughshrooms have been adjusted to now reduce physical damage received by 50% instead of increasing defense by 50% for game balancing purposes.

Issues Addressed:
1. Addressed various issues that were resulting in Fighter losses due to crashes and connectivity issues. Moving forward, in the event a crash or disconnection occurs while traveling between floors or when trying to connect to the server, what used to be counted as a death, should no longer be counted as dying. With this issue addressed, the salvage cost for retrieving dead fighters will be once again implemented soon. Once the reimplementation date is finalized, we will make an announcement in advance.

2. Addressed the 6th floor stamp machine issue.

Melchiah

I just managed to beat Goto9 at 23F, and reach 25 yesterday. I dread to think how much the salvage will cost now. The boss was surprisingly easy when I used a Red Hot Iron +4 with a rage move, and went down before starting the roll attacks. Luckily, I didn't need Transparungus or Slowmungus for the fight, which was a relief as I couldn't find any.

I still feel TDM is totally broken. My ranking was 35, with seven defenders (four grade 2, and three grade 3), and the game matched me with several 70 ranking players who managed to raid my base within half of the time limit. It remains to be seen how it'll be when I put grade 4 defenders there.

Melchiah

Just logged in, and two grade 4 defenders changed nothing when the game sets people with far higher fighters, with 5x HP to attack my base. =(

9ou92uB.jpg

IBk6YLC.jpg

It would be just the same if I didn't have any defenders there. Actually better, since there wouldn't be a risk of them being captured. In its current state, TDM is just broken and pointless.

Just logged in, and two grade 4 defenders changed nothing when the game sets people with far higher fighters, with 5x HP to attack my base. =(

9ou92uB.jpg

IBk6YLC.jpg

It would be just the same if I didn't have any defenders there. Actually better, since there wouldn't be a risk of them being captured. In its current state, TDM is just broken and pointless.

You can't expect two defenders to make a difference. Either put eight people in there to stall for time, or don't bother, send them on incursions and just leave your money and SPL in the mailbox

Doomshine

Glad I got to level 40 before they nerfed the spawn rate of all the good mushrooms, I don't know if would've bothered pushing much further past floor 23 without them. They are really taking the piss with the new shitty versions of them too.

Melchiah

You can't expect two defenders to make a difference. Either put eight people in there to stall for time, or don't bother, send them on incursions and just leave your money and SPL in the mailbox

If you had read the image properly, you would have seen that I actually had eight defenders there. Two grade 4, five grade 3, and one grade 2. All with DIY gear and decals, +4 Machetes and Red Hot Irons, with both weapon's mastery at max. It didn't make any difference.

How to get those decals announced in the site about: Momoko’s Decal Drop: 5/26/2017 03:00 (PDT) – 5/29/2017 02:59 (PDT) ?
I logged in but I don't know where to find them.

Alastor3

i stopped playing at around lvl 14 in the tower because my base was always attacked and it was constant grinding just to get a few warrior to defend it, because I unlocked a new fighter and had to train him from lvl 1. Should I start playing again?

Doomshine

i stopped playing at around lvl 14 in the tower because my base was always attacked and it was constant grinding just to get a few warrior to defend it, because I unlocked a new fighter and had to train him from lvl 1. Should I start playing again?

Don't worry too much about defending, just try to not log off with a lot of coins/splithium in the bank.

Melchiah

Salvage costs return after 7 June maintenance.

https://www.letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/1118/notice-regarding-connectivity-issues:-4/26/2017
*UPDATED: 5/31/2017*

Maintenance on 6/7/2017 will address various connection issues which have been affecting LET IT DIE. After this maintenance ends, Salvage Costs will return. This means that if a Fighter dies in the Tower of Barbs and you choose not to continue, you will need to pay Kill Coins to Salvage them with all of their items and gear back in your Waiting Room.

We greatly appreciate all your patience and support, and thank you for playing LET IT DIE.

EDIT: Just beat the boss duo on the 26th floor, both on the first try. I aim to reach level 35 to unlock 5-grade fighters before the salvage costs return. After that, I'm probably going to quit.

On a side note, the TDM grievances continue... I added a fully upgraded 4-grade defender, with four decals, gear and weapons, there on tuesday, and on wednesday my base was again raided by 5-grade characters. One of them had captured the defender I just put there. It's impossible to rescue her due to the fighter grade difference, and I sure as hell won't be paying the 50k ransom to the jackass. It's beyond me why the game allows players with top-tier characters to raid lower level players. It's not even a challenge, when you can one-shot the defenders, but I guess some people just like it when they can have a guaranteed win. This is exactly why I fucking hate PVP.

Melchiah

Yosp just raided me twice and captured one of my fighters.

Now, that's pretty hilarious. Luckily, my captured defender was rescued few hours before the time limit ended, or perhaps the capturer released her? That's what I've always done, as I have no need for them, and I feel like it's a courteous thing to do.

I beat Mr. Crowley yesterday on the first try, eventhough I screwed up and pretty much wasted Transparungus, and had to revive myself once with Death Metal. Here's a video of the fight: https://youtu.be/sTECKGJ0jCA

I also reached 33rd floor, so it's not a long way to unlock rank 5 fighters. I dread facing U-10 though.

Now, that's pretty hilarious. Luckily, my captured defender was rescued few hours before the time limit ended, or perhaps the capturer released her? That's what I've always done, as I have no need for them, and I feel like it's a courteous thing to do.

I missed the message but he was either nice enough to release my fighter or someone did a rescue. He is 18 levels above me and seemed to have good equipment so I don't think I could have done a rescue myself. Maybe if I used a bunch of mushrooms but I want to save those for bosses.

I stopped leaving captured fighters in my cells for long after being raided like 10 times in a row by the same player. He/she didn't rescue the captured fighter until the last raid so I guess I stayed in their list that way. I think I lost about 50 000 SPL. There should be a cooldown-time before you can raid the same person again.

Melchiah

I missed the message but he was either nice enough to release my fighter or someone did a rescue. He is 18 levels above me and seemed to have good equipment so I don't think I could have done a rescue myself. Maybe if I used a bunch of mushrooms but I want to save those for bosses.

I stopped leaving captured fighters in my cells for long after being raided like 10 times in a row by the same player. He/she didn't rescue the captured fighter until the last raid so I guess I stayed in their list that way. I think I lost about 50 000 SPL. There should be a cooldown-time before you can raid the same person again.

And there should be severe handicaps for raiding lower level players. It's happened to me so often, that I feel like it's an oddly and annoyingly common thing to do in the game. In fact, during the past month, I've only been raided 3-4 times by a player of my own level. One of which succeeded, and I have no problem with that as it was a fair game.

I have never used a solo-shelter and I have a question.

If I use it by a shop (or on a floor above or below), will the shop be restocked if I start the game again a few hours later?

Melchiah

I'm trying to reach the 35th floor before the salvage costs return in a couple of days, but my problem is that the way up is different from this map of 31-35 floors:

Here's a screenshot of how it looks for me in the game:
The 32f floor boss location is missing from there. Does it only appear on certain rotation, and what's the route I should take to proceed?

EDIT: Never mind, I just beat both U-10 and Coen, the former twice as I forgot to open the straight route to 34F. Now I've finally reached my goal to unlock rank 5 fighters, and I can quit the game when the salvage costs return.
Videos of both fights...
U-10: https://youtu.be/M3U-pM3iDuE
Coen: https://youtu.be/kQ5t0moxLgw

Melchiah

Just managed to upgrade all armor pieces to DIY Assault, level up three rank 5 fighters, and get the Pork Chopper and Death Burner Iron before the salvage costs returned today. I only wish I had managed to get one more War Ensemble Red Metal to unlock the Battle Machete, but I just didn't have the time to do another run to the 32 floor trap room, in the hope that RNG would be more favorable on the second time.

I'll now put the game aside for a while, but may return to it as long as I have Death Metals and Lifeshrooms left. I bought some DM to increase the inventory size, and to show my support for the game, just like I did with Mass Effect 3 multiplayer back in the day.

Striker for expeditions:
UhV0oUK.jpg

Decals:
DIY Enthusiast - Equipping D.O.D. Arms items to the head, upper body, and leg slots will increase DEF by 20%
Poison Eater - Recover HP slowly instead of poison damage. Eat a Doomshroom to recover HP.
Dual Wielding Master - Increase ATK by 10% when using the same one-handed weapon in both hands
Samurai - Increase the ATK of slashing weapons by 10%
Master Builder - Increase ATK and DEF of D.O.D. Arms weapons and equipment by 7%

Collector for farming materials:
VjOcDwR.jpg

Decals:
Nosferatu - Recover 7% of your damage dealt as HP. The maximum recovery per hit is 7% of your max health.
Poison Eater - Recover HP slowly instead of poison damage. Eat a Doomshroom to recover HP.
Marathon Runner - Rate at which stamina decreases during Dash and Fatigue Time decrease by 50%
Vitamin XXX - Increase HP Recovery by 20%
DIY Enthusiast - Equipping D.O.D. Arms items to the head, upper body, and leg slots will increase DEF by 20%

The latter works very well, and I rarely have to heal myself. I'd like to have Treasure Hunter decal there as well, but dunno which one I wanted to remove for it.

EDIT: Let It Die will be at E3: https://www.letitdiethegame.com/news.html#/1330/let-it-die-at-e3-2017!
dfK612g.png

Special guests and new content?!

Every afternoon starting at 3PM, special guest hosts Uncle Death and Hideyuki Shin (Game Director of LET IT DIE) will take over the stream to talk about their E3 experience, invite some guests to the show, do some naked challenges, and will even get into some of the details about new and upcoming in-game awesomeness! Do you want to know about the new rumored areas coming to the Tower of Barbs and the future of TOKYO DEATH METRO? Be sure to tune in every day to find out at https://www.twitch.tv/gunghoamerica

Tuesday, June 13th – 15:00 – 16:30 PDT
Wednesday, June 14th – 15:00 – 16:30 PDT
Thursday, June 15th – 15:00 – 16:00 PDT

OD6jQBq.jpg

LET IT DIE on PLAYSTATION LIVE!

Also, be sure to catch a special segment of LET IT DIE on PLAYSTATION LIVE from E3 on Wednesday, June 14th at 12:00 on the dot!
http://live.playstation.com/
https://www.twitch.tv/playstation
https://www.youtube.com/playstation

*Livestream times may differ and change without notice.

Limited time items on PSN!

During E3 (June 13th through June 15th) the following two item packs will be available for a limited time on PSN for the North American and European regions!

Mushroom Club Pack 1
This pack includes 3 Premium Decals:
Barbell (Increase ATK by 15%)
Diamond (Increase DEF by 20%)
Heavy Tank (Increase max HP by 40%)

Mushroom Club Pack 2
This pack includes 3 Premium Decals:
Self Defense (30% ATK increase after Perfect Guard. Only affects next attack)
Flash Boiler (Rage Gauge increase by 1+ once at the start of a Raid, or when using an elevator or escalator.)
Trump Card (Taunting increases ATK by 20% Returns to normal after attacking once. Effect does not stack.)

*Prices, date and time of availability may differ per region.

If the Mushroom Club Pack 1 is reasonably priced, I might buy it.

Doomshine

Just managed to upgrade all armor pieces to DIY Assault, level up three rank 5 fighters, and get the Pork Chopper and Death Burner Iron before the salvage costs returned today. I only wish I had managed to get one more War Ensemble Red Metal to unlock the Battle Machete, but I just didn't have the time to do another run to the 32 floor trap room, in the hope that RNG would be more favorable on the second time.

You can buy red metals for 50k when the secret shop appears on specific days on floor 27.

Melchiah

You can buy red metals for 50k when the secret shop appears on specific days on floor 27.

Yeah, I visited there yesterday, but I had to spend my credits for DOD Arms Green Metal to upgrade the DIY armor to Assault level. I may visit there again, when the shop comes back on next tuesday, if I don't have the time to do it tomorrow.

Did they change something with TDM in the latest patch? I keep getting raided even when I only have around 700 KC and 2000 SPL.

Did it count as a defense failure when an attacker only made it to 54% before?

Melchiah

Did they change something with TDM in the latest patch? I keep getting raided even when I only have around 700 KC and 2000 SPL.

Did it count as a defense failure when an attacker only made it to 54% before?

I dunno. I've been wondering myself why I've been rarily raided recently. Perhaps because I've stopped raiding myself, and I try to keep as little KC+SPL in the banks as possible. Although, I did have about 40k SPL there for a while, and no-one raided me.

The odd thing with expeditions is that after I unlocked rank 5 fighters, every once in a while I come across with rank 4 fighters on the list. I have no idea why the game offers lower level players to be attacked. I also wish I could just pick a floor for expedition, instead of waiting for some player to go to the desired location, like 3F Metakojiya for Skill Mushrooms. On a side note, I've been puzzled by the constant appearance of 8F Meta-Koya on the same days, and wondered if players have mistakingly gone there to find those mushrooms due to the similar name.

I dunno. I've been wondering myself why I've been rarily raided recently. Perhaps because I've stopped raiding myself, and I try to keep as little KC+SPL in the banks as possible. Although, I did have about 40k SPL there for a while, and no-one raided me.

I haven't done anything else than briefly starting the game to get the bonus and gift during the last few days (Wipeout was released) and every time I've been raided 2-3 times by people who get about 60-70 KC + bonus from a successful raid. It did feel kind of nice to see someone barely beat my defenses but have equipment for about 30K destroyed in the process though.

Melchiah

Hell yeah! I just got the missing War Ensemble Red Metal to unlock the Battle Machete from a quest I had missed; climbing from Obara to Osuki with a fire weapon. It was very easy to do with the Death Burner Iron. Now I only need MILK Black Metal to unlock the Cleaver Saber, then I have all the weapons that I've found to be the deadliest when fighting Haters who have them. I usually just run, when I spot a Hater with the Battle Machete.

I haven't done anything else than briefly starting the game to get the bonus and gift during the last few days (Wipeout was released) and every time I've been raided 2-3 times by people who get about 60-70 KC + bonus from a successful raid. It did feel kind of nice to see someone barely beat my defenses but have equipment for about 30K destroyed in the process though.

That's odd, and pretty funny. Have there been fights with the region you belong to? I used to be raided several times during those.

Hell yeah! I just got the missing War Ensemble Red Metal to unlock the Battle Machete from a quest I had missed; climbing from Obara to Osuki with a fire weapon. It was very easy to do with the Death Burner Iron. Now I only need MILK Black Metal to unlock the Cleaver Saber, then I have all the weapons that I've found to be the deadliest when fighting Haters who have them. I usually just run, when I spot a Hater with the Battle Machete.

That's odd, and pretty funny. Have there been fights with the region you belong to? I used to be raided several times during those.

No fights in a while.

The last one was against Malta. That one was a bit special because when I first logged in there were absolutely no people to raid. I checked a couple of hours later and there was one target which I raided. It is a bit weird to be o few hundred points behind in a fight but you can't do anything about it.

At the end of the fight two more targets showed up but they had a 70 rank while I'm 48 so I didn't even try.

I do have the Cleaver Saber A on a few defenders but they need discount decals to be able to use them.

Top Bottom