• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lethal League Blaze launches July 12 for Ps4, Xb1 and Switch

Fbh

The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch versions of Lethal League Blaze will launch on July 12, developer Team Reptile announced.

In Japan, a physical release is also planned for PlayStation 4 and Switch on September 12.

Lethal League Blaze first launched for PC in October 2018

Source: gematsu

I haven't played the Blaze version but the original browser game prototype was really fun. It's basically a fighting game but instead of attacking your opponents directly you need to hit them with a ball which gets increasingly fast the more it gets hit. It's really fun to play locally with friends and it's one of those games that's easy to pick up but hard to master so it's instantly fun even with an inexperienced group of people.

You can check out the free Flash browser prototype here: http://lethalleague.reptile-games.com/prototype/
The actual release obviously features much nicer presentation, a bunch of characters, different games modes, supports up to 4 players

Verdanth

I haven't played the Blaze version but the original browser game prototype was really fun. It's basically a fighting game but instead of attacking your opponents directly you need to hit them with a ball which gets increasingly fast the more it gets hit. It's really fun to play locally with friends and it's one of those games that's easy to pick up but hard to master so it's instantly fun even with an inexperienced group of people.

You can check out the free Flash browser prototype here: http://lethalleague.reptile-games.com/prototype/
The actual release obviously features much nicer presentation, a bunch of characters, different games modes, supports up to 4 players

This looks pretty cool. Its now on my radar. Thanks.

First game was criminally underrated, looking forward to grabbing close to launch. Hideki Naganuma of Jet Set Radio fame doing the soundtrack has me even more hyped!

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The gameplay is more like Windjammers than a fighting game, in my opinion.

Definitely worth it if you like couch co-op/vs games, like the OP said. The music and the art style are top-notch, too.

Reactions: Fbh

Fbh

The gameplay is more like Windjammers than a fighting game, in my opinion.

It's definitely a bit of both
I can see the Windjammers likeness but at the same time you are trying to hit your opponent instead of having the ball go past him, and you are free to move around the whole playing field since there's nothing like a your side of the court.

I played the first one on PC, it was actually pretty good, it's got some really fun gameplay. Will probably check it out for my Switch!

Top Bottom