• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Appreciate Female Rappers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Noname off the drugs
Noname quit the weed
Telefone delight
Love is all I need
My honeybee red black and green
Majestic queen
This for my homies; my umi say love

Noname is great!

I gotta mention Azealia Banks too. No matter how insane she is she still got fucking talent
Azealia. Banks. Had. So. Much. Goddamn. Talent. Fuck.

Azealia. Banks. Had. So. Much. Goddamn. Talent. Fuck.
There's an alternate universe where Azealia got her mental health issues checked, got her shot together and killed the music game because she is undeniably talented...Broke With Expensive Taste was one of the best albums that year.

LionPride

Banned
I'm 300% positive my mom and I bumped this last year on a Trick Daddy binge

There's an alternate universe where Azealia got her mental health issues checked, got her shot together and killed the music game because she is undeniably talented...Broke With Expensive Taste was one of the best albums that year.
I have never selfishly wanted someome to get better so bad in my life, but I wants that music

Rico Nasty
rapper-rico-nasty-2016-icarly-1.jpg

iCarly
Shooters like animals this ain't Jumaji
Ain't talkin if it ain't bout the money
You broke as a joke boy that shit is not funny
Wrist shining man you thought it was sunny
Kick yo ass out just like I was a punter
My niggas keep weapons like they some damn hunters
Say that money talk but yours only mumble
I flip the mattress like its pissy or something
Map it out like I'm Jigga or something
Niggas be geeked like I fucked em or something
Stay in the streets gotta get that free money
These bitches on me like I'm giving em money
In the trap with my white bitch
Cause she gone get me rich, that bitch so gnarly
They ask if I'm sober and I'm like hardly
Bitch! I am not a Barbie
I am a Bratz bitch
I got them big lips, yeah
Watch it drip drip, yeah
I'm so lit bitch, yeah
Tell a hoe get a grip quick
Niggas fake but I'm doing big shit

With my bitch iCarly
With my bitch iCarly
With my bitch iCarly
Swear that she so gnarly
With my bitch iCarly, iCarly, iCarly
With my bitch iCarly
Swear that she so gnarly

Dennis Rodman

III-V

Lauren Hill
Lady of Rage
Lil Kim
Missy Elliot

excellence

sorry all mine are from way back, don't keep up anymore

Koozek

Never listened to as many female MCs as last year. Noname and Little Simz had two of my AOTYs last year.

Noname - Telefone
https://soundcloud.com/noname/sets/telefone

Little Simz - Stillness In Wonderland
https://soundcloud.com/littlesimz/sets/stillness-in-wonderland

Also cool:

Princess Nokia - 1992
https://soundcloud.com/destiny-frasqueri/sets/1992a

Kodie Shane - Little Rocket
https://soundcloud.com/kodieshane/sets/littlerocket

Kodie Shane - Big Trouble Little Jupiter
https://soundcloud.com/kodieshane/sets/big-trouble-little-jupiter

Bahamdia had some dope tracks (loved the one with Dilla) back in the day.

royalan

Since we're going to spare some kind words for Azealia Banks, she really had the talent to be one of the best to do it.

Licorice is probably one of the hotest tracks of the last 10 years, and kicked off a recent trend of rapper spitting over 90s house beats.

Hey, I'm the licorice bitch
You know I'm looking for these niggas if these niggas is rich

Seriously, half the dudes getting hyped today couldn't touch this track.

And Jumanji is damn nice flow that showed Azealia could ride pretty much ANY beat.

DAMN I get so fucking mad thinking about her. Male or female, FEW rappers could handle her.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Rapsody

Little Simz

NoName

Also just listened Gavlyn, shes pretty smooth. Needed this thread to learn about some new artists

LionPride

Banned
Nicki... sigh. You think Drake is one of the greatest male rappers? Nicki has no business being on any list that measures greatness.
I literally said off of talent. She has a fuck ton of talent

And don't you ever, ever, insult me by asking if I think Drake is one of the greatest male rappers

Infinite

Since we're going to spare some kind words for Azealia Banks, she really had the talent to be one of the best to do it.

Licorice is probably one of the hotest tracks of the last 10 years, and kicked off a recent trend of rapper spitting over 90s house beats.

Hey, I'm the licorice bitch
You know I'm looking for these niggas if these niggas is rich

Seriously, half the dudes getting hyped today couldn't touch this track.

And Jumanji is damn nice flow that showed Azealia could ride pretty much ANY beat.

DAMN I get so fucking mad thinking about her. Male or female, FEW rappers could handle her.

my man!

IrishNinja

i died when little brother had that track talkin about doing this hood classic on an open mic night

i kept hearing y'all say this & went in with no expectations, and it really was a solid album

What's Charli Baltimore up to these days?

crazy to think she was gonna be in a supergroup album with big & jay, mannn that would've either been fire or a Firm level disappointment

Anung

Un Rama
Noname and Jean Grae are who I've been listening to recently. Noname has stayed on loop since that album dropped its so good.

No, she's very talented. There are hints of it, but she ain't had a good project yet

Agreed. She can spit and her delivery is theatrical and actually potentially awesome, but she pisses away and records utter shit like Anaconda (probably one of the worst fucking rap songs ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom