• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets discuss this punch in Chicago.

• Thread starter Deleted member 713885
  • Start date
No that is the reality of the situation backed up by dozens upon dozens of similar sexual assault cases that have surfaced in the past 3 years when it comes to show business related assaults. The most common theme being they feared for their careers.

That is not an opinion. That is a fact backed up by stories from victims of Weinstein and Cosby. Thats not even mentioning other cases.

I was talking about Trump. Trump said nothing wrong. I wouldn't have even apologized for it.

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.

There was a hell of a lot of assuming and hallucination from the left regarding that statement. But I'm not surprised.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I was talking about Trump. Trump said nothing wrong. I wouldn't have even apologized for it.

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.

There was a hell of a lot of assuming and hallucination from the left regarding that statement. But I'm not surprised.

He literally admits that he doesn't even wait for consent before he starts groping them and you are gonna tell me that I am out of line by assuming he is endorsing sexual assault?

lol okay

Assumptions are not facts. No matter how many people make the same assumption. This approach is the foundation of mob-mentality.
This is especially true when people are claiming to speak for another's thoughts and motives.
Only the subject can speak on that topic with authority, no matter how strongly asserted another's assumptions may be.

This is dangerous.
Blurring distinct things, holding people accountable for another's actions, deciding that collected assumptions are the same as proven fact - or outweigh it.
The litany of skewed justifications, distortions and misrepresentations is genuinely worrying.

Those that cannot or will not distinguish objectivity from subjectivity are those that commonly make flawed arguments and reasoning.
Head trumps heart.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Yeah sorry but I am not gonna rely on random comments on the internet to measure the national mood. Especially when 90% of them are posted in a bias manner on biased stories. No thanks. I'll stick to social media, the news, reality and my own personal experience when it comes to my measure of what people want lol

Heuristics are supposed to be the last resort, not the first.

Barsinister

Banned
Ahahahaha I'm sorry WHAT???? The guy insulted a black man by using the N-word and you wanna sit there and say that assuming he is a racist is going too far?

I legit don't even know what to say to that lol

I cannot stand a man laughing in my face. And you, sir, have done the equivalent. I will defend myself against your slander. I explained myself very clearly why I wrote what I did. I am not in the habit of blaming the mentally ill in the same way I would a sane person, are you? Or does you compassion only extend to violent teachers beaning people with bike locks? You are a very disingenuous person, who picks and chooses what he will respond to. And equivocates his morality to suit whatever best suits his "progressive" ends. And any man who won't own up to his mistakes, is a coward. Now you owe me an apology, I expect it.

EDIT:

It seems as soon as I hit reply, I think of more things to write. It may seem like I am all over the map in this topic, but I have been consistent throughout. I will favor the individual over the group in any circumstance. Think on this, please. Kierkegaard wrote once, "When you label me, you negate me". If I become a label to you, I am no longer a man. I'm just a thing. Things can easily be disposed of without thought. I wrote earlier how in war, propaganda will make monsters of the enemy to make it easier for a man to kill his fellow human. Don't fall for it. Don't use it. Don't become the things you hate. I had a boss once who when he entered a room, he would all greet us with, "Gentlemen". I asked him why once. He told me that if you call them gentlemen they will aspire to fit the label.

Last edited:

Basoes

I cannot stand a man laughing in my face. And you, sir, have done the equivalent. I will defend myself against your slander. I explained myself very clearly why I wrote what I did. I am not in the habit of blaming the mentally ill in the same way I would a sane person, are you? Or does you compassion only extend to violent teachers beaning people with bike locks? You are a very disingenuous person, who picks and chooses what he will respond to. And equivocates his morality to suit whatever best suits his "progressive" ends. And any man who won't own up to his mistakes, is a coward. Now you owe me an apology, I expect it.

No one owes you an apology, he believes he's right and he may or not be, you assuming you're right and demanding he bow down, is pretty scummy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's called a vague answer ..

People who respond with vague answers usually are disingenuous and FOS. You abandoned my questions long ago, bruh. Man up, and just say it with your chest, otherwise, you are just trolling and the cracks are starting to reveal themselves.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Banned
No one owes you an apology, he believes he's right and he may or not be, you assuming you're right and demanding he bow down, is pretty scummy.

I like it when I see a man stick up for the little guy. I like you. But you are wrong. I am not assuming anything. I am plainly stating facts, you can look them up in this very thread. After you've done it, come back and apologize too.

Basoes

I like it when I see a man stick up for the little guy. I like you. But you are wrong. I am not assuming anything. I am plainly stating facts, you can look them up in this very thread. After you've done it, come back and apologize too.
If I have misread your intentions with these past posts then yea my bad, but I still stand by that he owes you nothing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Think on this, please. Kierkegaard wrote once, "When you label me, you negate me". If I become a label to you, I am no longer a man. I'm just a thing. Things can easily be disposed of without thought. I wrote earlier how in war, propaganda will make monsters of the enemy to make it easier for a man to kill his fellow human. Don't fall for it. Don't use it. Don't become the things you hate. I had a boss once who when he entered a room, he would all greet us with, "Gentlemen". I asked him why once. He told me that if you call them gentlemen they will aspire to fit the label.

Mofo truth bomb right here!!!

If I have misread your intentions with these past posts then yea my bad, but I still stand by that he owes you nothing.

It is this kind of mentality, where people should never humble themselves when wrong, and own up to their accountability as to why we never get along anymore in civilized society. Sometimes swallowing your pride, and admit one could have engaged in a more tactful manner goes a long way. You will feel better about yourself because you are, gasp, growing as an individual, able to recognize your faults and better them, and you also earn respect from the party you are having discourse with. And in turn, when one is more humble, they tend to respect themselves more and more as well.

I may not always 100% agree with Barsinister Barsinister , but, he does post compelling perspectives that do provoke thought that I may have sometimes shut off for one thing or another, and he is never laughing in someone's face as a cognitive response to challenging opinions (in one's own head)... most who laugh as a response or the like to a challenging opinion, is called cognitive dissonence, a tribal recessed defense mechanism.

From what I seen, he provides his commentary in a tactful manner, and as I said, while not always in agreement, you have to respect his form.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Banned

"If" is an interesting qualifier. You have the beginnings of an interesting proposition. If-Then, by goodness, it is a proposition. Let's try to remove it from the realm of hypothetical and make it something that we can actually test. Go back and read it. I assume you can read. The medium is text, go and do it. Then you can give me my dues without the "if"s.

Last edited:

Basoes

"If" is an interesting qualifier. You have the beginnings of an interesting proposition. If-Then, by goodness, it is a proposition. Let's try to remove it from the realm of hypothetical and make it something that we can actually test. Go back and read it. I assume you can read. The medium is text, go and do it. Then you can give me my dues without the "if"s.
now you're just being an asshole

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Again I will tolerate his intolerance. Violence is not the answer

I'm going to assume you will tolerate another black guy calling you that word, but not white guy.

MODERATION NOTE: Going forward please let's try to stir away from inciting image of violence. This behavior is counter productive to healthy discussion. Thank you.

Unfortunate no train was coming.

Call me a nigger .. your life will be in immediate danger

:unsure:

Barsinister

Banned
now you're just being an asshole

If we continue, we will interrupt the discussion going on in here. But, know this, I've been called worse by bigger men than you. I will walk away with my pride intact, because you either can't or won't read a thread you are participating in. If you can't, I apologize. Maybe you're using text-to-speech or something. I don't know you well.

I like to learn new things. I've learned quite a bit reading and participating in this thread. I like to apply the things I've learned in practical ways when I see the opportunity. I think I did a pretty good job applying what I've learned. I have taken abuse from an individual and said my piece and walked away after we came to an impasse. No blows were exchanged and one of us feels worse for the interaction. (Hint: It's not me) Let's see if this continues to escalate or if Basoes Basoes has decided if his aggression is sated.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Assaulting a person is just that. It is breaking the law. Do not break the law that leads to jail. Can't we just agree on this like grown adults that play videogames?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunki

That's a long slide down from "Punch to a racist that lands unfortunately."

Alternate response: That's what racists have been doing and getting away with for years.
And in a democracy or free world you have to endure these opinions
24f.jpg

That is also why Nazis in Germany can protest and they also get protected by the police. The mission you have to not make them the main voice in a country you need to hold them small through argumentation through existing laws etc. Not through violence or fear. Because they they will fall into a victim state and getting more support. Look at how AFD is now the second biggest party in Germany. You can not fight them with violence because they will always use this against you and they will gain more power. Villainizing like in bad comics does not work in real life.

Also you NEVER need to protect widely accpeted speech. You always need to protect the speech that is not the norm or is unpopular.

Last edited:

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I guess there's the part of me that sees this scenario and says "you go out of your way to rile someone up, you can't be surprised or upset that you succeeded"... and another part of me that thinks "OK maybe the additional punches were a bit much..."

I genuinely don't have any sympathy for the guy who got decked, and I think the guy who threw the punches reacted a bit harshly. There really isn't an ideal handling of a situation where one person is getting in the face of another like that. I'd love to say "be the bigger man and let him go" but man...if someone was going at me like that I don't know if my pride would let me do NOTHING.

I like the way you are thorough in your posts. But, I don't know what the other word is. I think I might, but can you confirm? This may lead to a new avenue to explore in this topic, one that hasn't been done ten times over.
My perspective is that if someone is prepared to alter their response to another's actions based on the race of the person acting, then that's premeditated racism.

BraveOne

My perspective is that if someone is prepared to alter their response to another's actions based on the race of the person acting, then that's premeditated racism.

Black people can call other black people nigga .. it's a completely different word , it may sound the same but bears a completely different meaning. White people can say it .. if it's part of a song , but that's where the line is .

Tumle

No, that's your hallucination.
No that’s what he meant.. it’s your hallucination that he didn’t..
a guy who brags about walking into the miss teen universe (or what it’s called) dressing room while they are undressing because he owns the show.. does really mean that he thinks that you can just grope woman, because they can’t do anything about it, since he is too powerful for anyone to believe them..
I think it’s you that don’t know woman, if you think they all just line up to let mr. Trump grab them, because he is rich.

But this is totally off topic now

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
a guy who brags about walking into the miss teen universe (or what it’s called) dressing room while they are undressing because he owns the show.. does really mean that he thinks that you can just grope woman, because they can’t do anything about it, since he is too powerful for anyone to believe them..
I think it’s you that don’t know woman, if you think they all just line up to let mr. Trump grab them, because he is rich.

Not to conitnue to be off topic, but groupies exist, and they line up outside the dressing rooms in hopes the stars will grope them.

And yes, there are also those who also feel pressured to allow that to happen due to the surroundings and status of said person.

Without the full context of every interaction, it is not cut and dry like both sides want to envision or paint.

Black people can call other black people nigga .. it's a completely different word , it may sound the same but bears a completely different meaning. White people can say it .. if it's part of a song , but that's where the line is .

You have just described a racist mentality.
Racism is racism.

Last edited:

Show me where Trump said it's OK to grope strange women. I'll wait right here.

I'd love to say "be the bigger man and let him go" but man...if someone was going at me like that I don't know if my pride would let me do NOTHING.

Hopefully your pride would keep you from sucker punching someone.

White guy: "Fuck you nigger!"
Black guy: "Let's see you back those words up, or are you a fucking pussy?"
(fighting stance)
At that point either a fight starts or the white guy sulks away in shame with everyone booing him.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
It's hard to feel bad for anyone dumb enough to go around dropping n-bombs on people in public.

Top Bottom