• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets guess the 7 EA games coming to Nintendo Switch

SamFo

I thought it might be interesting to try and see if we can guess the 7 EA games that EA have indicated are coming to switch (within the next 12 months)

We have the following confirmed:
  1. Apex Legends
  2. Burnout Paradise
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???
  6. ???
  7. ???
So what are the other five?

Probable:
FIFA 21
The Sims 4

Possible:
It Takes Two
Remasters of older games? (Skate, Mass Effect, Dead Space?)

Unlikely:
Need for Speed
Jedi: Fallen Order

UPDATE 06.23.20
Revealed - Thanks for playing
  • Burnout Paradise
  • FIFA 21
  • Apex Legends
  • Lost in Random
  • Velan Studios game
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Plants vs. Zombies Battle for Neighborville

Last edited:
I would love to see a Mass Effect or Dead Space trilogy rerelease but.im not holding my breath. I would say the 5 other games are FIFA, the Sims, Madden, Plants vs. Zombies, and Unravel.
This post is probably spot on 100%.

ME Trilogy would be great on the switch, and honestly could probably be done pretty well. 720/30. It's not like any of the games were lookers last gen anyway, would probably turn out like the Bioshock trilogy.

marquimvfs

5 spots, hum...

Fifa
Madden
The Sims 4
Plants vs zombies
And...
Anybody know if they (pop cap)'re still doing bejeweled?

But, it's very likely that 3 or 4 will be cancelled because of "reasons".

Shantae

Banned
When did they say 7 games were coming to Switch? I watched the EA press show last week, but I was watching it with people talking over it so I may have missed that part.

supernova8

Banned
Why would anyone want FIFA on Switch? Play like dogshit and visuals are atrocious. Paying full price for what is essentially a PS3 game is not something I would do (if I still owned a Switch).

With that said, if they just reskin their last FIFA Switch with updated rosters and kits, it's very easy money. PES isn't coming to Switch (afaik) so that's a pretty captive market. They wouldn't even need microtransactions to make a pretty penny.

I'd love Mass Effect 1 and 2 on a handheld, but that sounds like it would involve effort, so I can't see EA doing it.

Madden and Fifa are no brainers, and a stripped down or mobile version port of The Sims should be easy enough. Maybe the Command and Conquer remasters, if they're planning a console port of it anyway?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nintendo should stand aside Battlefield, a historic FPS franchise.
CharmingJoyousAtlanticblackgoby-max-1mb.gif

oagboghi2

Why would anyone want FIFA on Switch? Play like dogshit and visuals are atrocious. Paying full price for what is essentially a PS3 game is not something I would do (if I still owned a Switch).

With that said, if they just reskin their last FIFA Switch with updated rosters and kits, it's very easy money. PES isn't coming to Switch (afaik) so that's a pretty captive market. They wouldn't even need microtransactions to make a pretty penny.
99% of people don't care

Birdo

Banned
1. Apex Legends
2. Burnout Paradise
3. Mirror's Edge Remaster
4. Dead Space Trilogy
4. Mass Effect Trilogy
6. The Sims
7. Boom Blox (In my dreams)

Last edited:

CamHostage

It'd be interesting if SOMETHING on Frostbite engine came over, as that would open up a lot of doors (if it ran well?) and would would be a curious thing to see how far it could go on Switch. That said, the Frostbite Go initiative fizzed out a long time ago, and I believe no mobile EA games use Frostbite (Apex Legends is built on Source, by the way,) so I don't have a lot of faith of that happening.

So no Battlefront 2 or SW Squadrons (which is fine by me, and I'm not sure how the texturing would turn out anyway,) no Anthem (again, okay,) no Battlefield (unless it's a custom-made game,) no Mirror's Edge Catalyst, probably no PvZ GW (although the Neighborville game doesn't say it's a Frostbite product, weirdly?), no sports games without a port, and we'll see what the Criterion NFS uses (they did make a Vita game back in the day...), none of that stuff unless they make it custom for Switch. They did one-off games for Wii back in the day, but I wonder if budgets are just impossible to do that these days (unless they shared assets/production with a mobile version of the spin-off game, the way they used to make Wii+DS games?)

Frostbite doesn't have much that I'd want to play on my Switch, and of the EA Play news, only Skate and maybe It Takes Two or Rocket Arena are possibilities, so it seems like it's either old remasters (which there are a few good possibilities) or some unknown new products.

(Sims 4 is IMO the no-brainer of the seven slots.)

1. FIFA 21
2. The Sims 4
3. It Takes Two
4. Lost in Random
5. Mass Effect Trilogy

Edit: Scratch some of those on this list, didn't notice the official confirmations.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I thought it might be interesting to try and see if we can guess the 7 EA games that EA have indicated are coming to switch (within the next 12 months)

We have the following confirmed:
  1. Apex Legends
  2. Burnout Paradise
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???
  6. ???
  7. ???
So what are the other five?

Probable:
FIFA 21
The Sims 4

Possible:
It Takes Two
Remasters of older games? (Skate, Mass Effect, Dead Space?)

Unlikely:
Need for Speed
Jedi: Fallen Order

Nintendo switch is a Perfect console for Dead space saga

supernova8

Banned
99% of people don't care

Yeah I guess that's the problem. I got FIFA on Switch back when it first released and I was so fucking enraged. They purposefully did minimal marketing so that people would struggle to work out what the game looked/played like. I had my suspicions and since there were no other options, I just bought it. Never again.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Plants versus zombies
Zombies versus plants
Bejewelled
Bejewelled 2
Bejewelled 3
Unravel
Unravel 2

Top Bottom