• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets make a Get Well card for Satoru Iwata!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

We play because it's Nintendo, it's Nintendo because it's Iwata.
I made this post over a year ago, and it made it into a poster which Mr Iwata received at the hospital when he was recovering last year, a poster that many of us took part in, from the bottom of our hearts. It might not be appropriate to put this in the other thread, so I will say it here out of respect; Mr. Iwata knew that no matter what critics or shareholders said, there were people all over the world that genuinely believed in him and cared about his well-being; he never doubted himself yet acted with respect and humbleness (Man cut his paycheck in half). He was a leader in every sense of the word.

When you are in a position with high stakes, it's hard to shake everything off, but every kind thought and word can help someone get through it. Mr. Iwata bounced back as much as he could, and was responsible for a lot of great things in the last year of his life, including making the company profitable once more. In an industry filled with drama, tension, politics, and cynics, it's important to know that the people involved are REAL people; they laugh, they cry, they live, and yes, they die. May there always be room in it for kind words, love, and respect. Mr. Iwata will be missed and is missed, and the industry needs more people like him.

kodecraft

I made this post over a year ago, and it made it into a poster which Mr Iwata received at the hospital when he was recovering last year, a poster that many of us took part in, from the bottom of our hearts. It might not be appropriate to put this in the other thread, so I will say it here out of respect; Mr. Iwata knew that no matter what critics or shareholders said, there were people all over the world that genuinely believed in him and cared about his well-being; he never doubted himself yet acted with respect and humbleness (Man cut his paycheck in half). He was a leader in every sense of the word.

When you are in a position with high stakes, it's hard to shake everything off, but every kind thought and word can help someone get through it. Mr. Iwata bounced back as much as he could, and was responsible for a lot of great things in the last year of his life, including making the company profitable once more. In an industry filled with drama, tension, politics, and cynics, it's important to know that the people involved are REAL people; they laugh, they cry, they live, and yes, they die. May there always be room in it for kind words, love, and respect. Mr. Iwata will be missed and is missed, and the industry needs more people like him.

+1

Walpurgis

Banned
I always found it strange how Nintendo didn't go into mobile and do DLC and F2P and every other type of short term profitable garbage that I hate, even when other Japanese publishers flocked to them. I know they are going into mobile now but it is a cautious and considered approach. It seems to me that a primary concern is keeping Nintendo "Nintendo" and I think Iwata was the reason for this.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
Satoru Iwata

I hope whoever fills his shoes is also a gamer.

dhonk

Thank you for this post.

NeOak

solid-snake-saluting-in-metal-gear-solid-4.jpg

J@hranimo

Banned

I always liked you Huelen, good post. No, I mean great post!

Yagami_Sama

I just need to say that was great post.

JazzmanZ

I remember making a picture for this, I'm glad he got this card from us and it'll be the closest I've ever met the man himself, you will be missed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom